British Speedway Forum
mrss

Kings Lynn 2013

Seems some confusion.Robert is stating he is only helping out with a few meetings,not signing for the season

To him it maybe just a few meetings but I think there is a rule that if you do so many meetings, I think it was 6 (not sure how many) you have to be signed.

To him it maybe just a few meetings but I think there is a rule that if you do so many meetings, I think it was 6 (not sure how many) you have to be signed.

Well seeing as he hasn't signed then it must be less than the required number.So,as he say's 'just helping'

Well seeing as he hasn't signed then it must be less than the required number.So,as he say's 'just helping'

Maybe he best ask them to clear it up then I supose !!!!!

Maybe he best ask them to clear it up then I supose !!!!!

Already done,so wouldn't worry about it and the rules :t:;)

Already done,so wouldn't worry about it and the rules :t:;)

I'm not worried but someone clearly is or on a wind up whichever when it comes to speedway I tend to wait to see what comes to pass. :-)

Edited by TMW

About time someone at KINGS LYNN gave us the full facts on the situation if what Iris says is right ,that does not seem fair on a rider who may be shunted in and out of the team, to accomodate that situation

Seems to me from reading his Facebook that the boy has agreed to ride in one or two meetings but in their eagerness to get bums on seats tomorrow night the club have buggered up the press release, peeing the Lamberts off in the process and probably jeopardising any future relationship between King's Lynn speedway and Robert Lambert.

With the future of British Speedway as uncertain as it has ever been you can't blame Lambert for not rushing in and committing to one club, he has only just turned 15 and has time very much on his side. Not too concerned whether he ends up with the Stars in the future or not, just hope he rides in the right place to fulfill his potential and hopefully perform in the GP's one day like Woffinden is currently. I'm just happy to get the opportunity to see him racing competitively in the UK tomorrow night.

Edited by Bagpuss

The lad's only 15 years of age so I'd imagine he can't really 'sign' for anyone... He can RIDE for a club though and I understand he'll be riding in the NL when he can for the KLYS.

It may well suit Dale to have Robert when he can, not exceed the 4 matches and then he'd be able to ride still as a three-pointer in the Play-offs. I'd suggest if that happens KL would literally walk the play offs and win the championship. Only possible flaw in that as a concept would be possibly not qualifying for the P/Os but I'd think the KLYS side strong enough to do that anyhow. Robert could ride in the KOC too without those matches counting towards the four qualifying for an average.

Simples!

Another farcical situation by the look of it

The lad's only 15 years of age so I'd imagine he can't really 'sign' for anyone... He can RIDE for a club though and I understand he'll be riding in the NL when he can for the KLYS.

It may well suit Dale to have Robert when he can, not exceed the 4 matches and then he'd be able to ride still as a three-pointer in the Play-offs. I'd suggest if that happens KL would literally walk the play offs and win the championship. Only possible flaw in that as a concept would be possibly not qualifying for the P/Os but I'd think the KLYS side strong enough to do that anyhow. Robert could ride in the KOC too without those matches counting towards the four qualifying for an average.

Simples!

I suppose its the word 'sign'meaning 'declared' bit ambiguous. Hope people turn out tonite to see him anyway KL deserve a good crowd

I suppose its the word 'sign'meaning 'declared' bit ambiguous. Hope people turn out tonite to see him anyway KL deserve a good crowd

Yes I think so - 'declared' is the correct expression.

IMHO at reserve (especially when 15 & 16 year olds) there should be more flexibility and not need to be 'declared' riders... Not sure why that change was made - just seems to restrict options for TMs and for (young) riders alike.

Good news for the Young Stars as Robert Lambert has agreed to fulfil as many NL fixtures as possible for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

Good news for the Young Stars as Robert Lambert has agreed to fulfil as many NL fixtures as possible for the remainder of the season.

A very special talent

Edited by Shadders

It's not shown on the BSPA site but Shane Hazelden should have a few average of 4.42 alongside Lewis Rose's impressive 7.27.

It's not shown on the BSPA site but Shane Hazelden should have a new average of 4.42 alongside Lewis Rose's impressive 7.27.