British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Buxton

just seen pictures of tyler wow he looks so young but if he does a job it will be great and better than having a young aussie in team british is best

For the people living under a mushroom you can't ride in the NL unless you are British.

And if your referring to riders like Branford and Morris ,who have British passports I dont recall you moaning when they helped you win the league

Latest signing is Matt Williamson, a 20 year old from Bury who comes with a motocross background.

Interesting new signing --

The Hitmen continue with their team building as they add newcomer Matt Williamson to their 2013 lineup.

Williamson 20, is from Bury and has a racing background after competing in motorcross since he was 6 years old.

He has won multiple youth championships in all of the classes riding for various manufacturers.

His biggest achievements are winning the British Masters championship in 2010 and he was leading the championship again the following year before he was sidelined with an injury.

This year he was placed 3rd in the British 2 stroke championship and was awarded with a place in the support race at the British round of the World Grand Prix where he finished second all of which was televised live.

He also attracted the attention of Monster Energy who nominated him as the most impressive rider of the meeting (out of over 400 riders) winning an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas in October.

Williamson has decided to make the switch to speedway and despite numerous offers from other clubs has pledged his immediate future to the Hitmen.

Hitmen boss Richard Moss said: “Matt’s dad contacted us asking for the chance of a team spot after recommendations from other riders.

“We met up over the weekend and he had his first look at the Buxton track and a deal was quickly struck.

“He has an impressive background in motocross and has attended some practice sessions where he has caught the eye of a few speedway promoters but we are pleased to welcome him to Buxton where we will do everything we can to help him progress.”

Williamson added: “I have been interested in Speedway for a long time and after this season finished I decided to give it a try.

“I seem to have taken to it straight away and have been impressing people with my speed in such a short period of time.

“I believe in signing with Buxton that this is the start of what will hopefully be a very promising career as I feel I have a lot of potential and am willing to give it my all and do whatever it takes to succeed

Excellent to see Buxton doing what the NL says on the tin, good luck to them :)

• Like 3

Excellent to see Buxton doing what the NL says on the tin, good luck to them :)

Agree,well done Buxton..two x first year riders in the team....good luck

3 down 4 to go. It will be interesting to see who those 4 are. If Ryan returns, he will be a 2nd string and will leave plenty of points for the final 3 riders.

Brilliant to see us taking more british motocross riders and giving them a go at speedway. We could see a few more Craig Cooks appearing soon methinks!

• Like 1

Mat could turn out to be the find of the season if other motor x converts are anything to go by,his credentials seem even better than some who have made the top grade already,,Good luck to him and the promotion i hope the fans up there get behind the team as the survival of Buxton is vital to the continuation of the National League...

• Like 1

never heard of this guy but he as a good background and he could turn out to be the next richie worroll and if he does we will be alright .i just hope our tail wont be to long with two new boys but come on lets get it going buxton seem to be going back to there rootes giveing unknowns a chance just hope it works good luck please tell us who the last four are are jayne we still need a number one if charles still at glasgow got to have ryan back or i will stop coming

Edited by bw double

Good to see buxton siging an new rider, i hope mat does very well this season and if he rides a speedway bike as good as his mx bike could be another good signing from mx just like birks, worrals, cook and lawson. i hope they sign chris widman as well.

Yeah there must be lots of riders in the MX and Grasstrack scene that have a natural ability to ride a bike and could make a successful move to speedway.

• Like 1

If Buxton could tempt maybe Chris Schram and Joe<James> Cocker<Cockle> to ride, they would have the makings of a half decent Team.

maybe cockle but not Chris surely he won't wanna drop down

Nl is better than no racing at all Greg

• Like 2

The only issue around riders like Chris and James is that Buxton only pay the basic money and they might think that it's too costly to ride there. Both want to ride AFAIK but how desperately?