British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

They had put one of the cameras on the back of his bike and this came flying off on the second lap. Assume it came lose after the tight first bend

Ok thanks. These cameras are something else in terms of the quality of view they give, really impressed.

Fantastic coverage by Eurosport. I don't care if the commentary is less than perfect, it's good enough for me. Frankly it's brilliant that they cover the series, providing a superb HD picture too.

I do think it's extremely rude to go somewhere as a commentator and mispronounce the name as it is insulting to the people who live there.

The moron who isn't a speedway rider thought Copenhagen was Moldow and now Tolyatti is ToGliatti. It's like those morons who go to MaLLorca instead of MaYorca. Just nit picking perhaps but I don't really rate the guy above Sooty never mind someone like Pearson :)

Edited by pandorum

DULL ....why have four laps when one will do.

Can hear that the crowd is making quite some noise just not the greatest audio mix on the tv. A better mix would enhance the atmosphere somewhat.

DULL ....why have four laps when one will do.

Is that your customary comment for the night? Bang on time.

Dull indeed.

Dull indeed.

Lol

I do think it's extremely rude to go somewhere as a commentator and mispronounce the name as it is insulting to the people who live there.

The moron who isn't a speedway rider thought Copenhagen was Moldow and now Tolyatti is ToGliatti. It's like those morons who go to MaLLorca instead of MaYorca. Just nit picking perhaps but I don't really rate the guy above Sooty never mind someone like Pearson :)

I think you are mixing up 2 Eurosport employees-it was the "carter " continuity chap who is rubbish-I actually think Scott and Steve Day seeing that it`s their 1st season are doing a really good job Edited by racers and royals

Another racy win by Tai. Can't wait to see him and Emil battle for both the World and European crowns in 2014.....ummmm 2013 too? :)

Dull indeed.

Turn your TV on and see for yourself, its garbage, but probably exciting for those that go to Kirky Lane.

The moron who isn't a speedway rider thought Copenhagen was Moldow and now Tolyatti is ToGliatti.

It was a different presenter who was so heavily criticised for his summaries up to and including the Copenhagen Grand Prix. I believe his name was Tony Carter. This is Steve Day who presented the Cardiff Grand Prix, has commentated on both European Championship rounds so far and thankfully took over the GP summarising with Scott in Terenzano. It seems it's not only TV presenters who don't know names....

On a different point, anyone else think the meeting might get a little more interesting if number 19 were allowed out on his OTHER speedway bike?

Turn your TV on and see for yourself, its garbage, but probably exciting for those that go to Kirky Lane.

Well pray tell us all which utopia you watch your speedway in, I mean where do you go to find 15, 20, or even 22 heats of close, exciting speedway with more passes in every race than you could shake a stick at, where you could throw a proverbial blanket over all 4 riders for all 4 laps. Go on you miserable soul, share the secret of speedway heaven.

You either know nothing about the sport or you're on the wind up, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and congratulate you on reeling me in, well done.

I think you are mixing up 2 Eurosport employees-it was the "carter " continuity chap who is rubbish-I actually think Scott and Steve Day seeing that it`s their 1st season are doing a really good job

Oh well it seems Eurosport have someone worse than this Day bloke. :rofl: :rofl: Did not know that :)

Still exceptionally ignorant to not find out the name of the place you are commentating from/on (I have no idea if they are there).

Pearson gets slagged off for shouting but Day has shouted twice so far. At least Pearson knows what the hell he is talking about.

In the Pearson Day war I stand in the Pearson camp :)

Oh well it seems Eurosport have someone worse than this Day bloke. :rofl: :rofl: Did not know that :)

Still exceptionally ignorant to not find out the name of the place you are commentating from/on (I have no idea if they are there).

Pearson gets slagged off for shouting but Day has shouted twice so far. At least Pearson knows what the hell he is talking about.

You don't say. :t:

Edited by nw42

For a novice, Day's doing a superb job.

• Like 1