British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Stockholm Gp September 21st

This temporary tracks are dangerous.

The BSI's greed for money is putting riders at risk.

What are you doing up ?

Get back under you Avril Lavigne duvet cover...the adults are talking now.

Night night.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to watch the meeting back again, maybe I missed something first time round but I just don't get the gushing posts about what a brilliant meeting with great racing it was. :/ Whilst the stadiums maybe fantastic, these temporary tracks just don't seem big enough to state GP racing, and have caused far too many injuries this season.

And PK is there tonight apparently, so am I right in assuming he's well on the mend? Sorry but I haven't seen anything about his progress.

I know he remained in hospital for more then a week.

He had a surgery to his back and he aims to be fit for a large

a ski race (vasaloppet)the first sunday in march.

I don't know much more, i think i linked a news article

in the stickied Swedish news thread in the int section of the forum.

@wackie, surely youre not blaming atais injury on the track?

Tai was going for a gap that wasn't there and he hit gollobs backwheel.

Could have happened on any track. Suere the track is short and tight but

there's allot of short and tight tracks in speedwayworld, especially un England and

there's allot of injuries hapoening on them as well.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Puk 2014 World Champion maybe?

Maybe so. Certainly the rider in form right now. If he gets off to a good start next year, definitely in with a shout.

And as for tonight, maybe the best tapes exclusion i've seen. Ever.

• Like 1

Pearson and Tatum showed there lack of quality tonight. Surely they need to understand simple maths kept banging in about Tai needing 12 points or 9 but it was simple end the night 22 ahead and you win! Before Hampels last ride Tai was 23 in front and a third

Pearson got on my nerves last night! Not once did he realise that as long as Tai was 22 up at the end he would win! Before Hampels 5th ride there was 23 in it so if Jarek came 3rd or last Tai would have been champ but it wasnt mentioned once! Terrible commentary!

• Like 1

Good meeting and some nail biting racing. Well done to the track staff.

Tai doesn't really need 6 points as Hampel is not going to go through the card in 2 weeks time. Even if he didn't ride it would be a hard task for Hampel to over haul Tai.

Brave riding by the Brit and the points he picked up tonight were crucial.

I don't often agree with you, but in this case I think your spot on. What Woffy did last night was immense, the pain he was going through, was there for all to see. But it was imperative he got some points on the board and to keep the preying pack at bay. I think he showed what a true Champion he is.. Well done Woffy ........ Also special mention to Neils. Probably the best I EVER seen him ride... Sheer Brilliance

SAW and spoke to PK tonight ... looked remarkably well.

Great news PK is well, a wonderfull ambassador for speedway. Hope Gollob ok after an awful crash. Not seen many riders hit the floor that hard

Sorry but the fans saying ". The track was too samall for a GP ,the track was dangerous" & the most hilarious comment "was just an ok meeting" your all having a giraffe. Its all about opinions but that was a hell of a meeting last night up there with the best ever IMO.

You say its all about opinions then say people who have a different one to you are wrong? Was an OK meeting nowhere near Bydgoszch (cant spell it) but certainly not a great meeting.

• Like 1

I thought it was a real good meeting, Not the best I've seen, but a lot better then some that's been shown. The track was ok, good really in the sense that the winner could come from any gate position. Good in the sense you could come from the back, But on the downside, it developed ruts, and showed patchy grip and therefore we got some strange results, But hey we can't have all ways. I think what made the meeting special, was the program of unforeseen incidents that added to the occasion. Never expected, Gollob and Woffy to get injured, never expected Pedersen and Hampel to score low points at the start. all these things added tension to the proceedings. No, not the best SGP I've seen, but one I thoroughly enjoyed.

Should there be a case for Tomasz Gollob being awarded 2 points in heat 2 .Just as well he was not in contention to be world champion as he was the complete innocent party in the crash.

Glad to see the Mods doing their usual bang up job of allowing stupid bullsh1t and even libellous posts to stand, and deleting others simply because they used the term 'moron' to describe the aforementioned post/er.