British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

I am in the process of having a new system put in, where I can watch all the sports I want, (in foreign). All for £125.. I will watch live GP speedway this year!

So its everyone round to yours then. ;)

• Like 1

I AM hearing rumours that Swedish clubs will not take part in the proposed Champions League, which will just leave Britain and Denmark.

Great stuff.I heard from one Danish official that he was rather happy that his club wouldn't be qualifying for this great competition :rofl::icon_smile_clown:

So its everyone round to yours then. ;)

I'll bring some beer, and I make a mean Canneloni.

I am in the process of having a new system put in, where I can watch all the sports I want, (in foreign). All for £125.. I will watch live GP speedway this year!

And if your happy to pay £125 thats your perogative. In effect you are paying £125 just to watch the GP's. Whoopy do

Please explain more.

I AM hearing rumours that Swedish clubs will not take part in the proposed Champions League, which will just leave Britain and Denmark.

Anything to with the pay rates mentioned in today's star.

It's surely going to be a dead duck without the Swedes.

• Like 2

We dont know who are filming / showing them yet but a mate of mine gets thousands of channels from some decoding box via the internet and watches a lot of live horse racing from around the world (no its not Supermarket sweep)

And if your happy to pay £125 thats your perogative. In effect you are paying £125 just to watch the GP's. Whoopy do

Plus all the other sports shown.

How much does sky sports cost per year?

Well, it's just as well the BSPA saw off the MCF & their proposed series. That could have been a half arsed flop.

Rest assured, the future of this once great sport is safely plummeting into the abyss in the hands of those who REALLY know how to crash & burn.

Eurosport are also rumoured to be interested. Not long now until the start of gps so lets hope its sorted soon

• Like 1

We dont know who are filming / showing them yet but a mate of mine gets thousands of channels from some decoding box via the internet and watches a lot of live horse racing from around the world (no its not Supermarket sweep)

IT'S done via 'card sharing' - users pay a small subscription each month to access shared viewing card channels via the internet, using a basic box such as a Dreambox.

Edited by SGP

Regardless of the TV situation in the U.K, I'm surprised that the GP's arent streamed via the SGP website.

Even if they cant do it live because of contactual obligations surely they can show delayed coverage of their own product?

Regardless of the TV situation in the U.K, I'm surprised that the GP's arent streamed via the SGP website.

Even if they cant do it live because of contactual obligations surely they can show delayed coverage of their own product?

If that surprises you, then you'd need medication if you knew what GoSpped agree so that Sky will buy Fat Terry a new Roller.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't the 'world service' stream now work in the UK if no one takes up the contract? I know that this is no substitute for HD Sky coverage, but it's better than naff all!

Yeah I watched most of mine via the website last year here in FInland, it's ok really, not HD as said but no big deal