British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

Just happy that we can all watched the GP'S on Tv so a big thanks to eurosport ...I thought Johnno was good but he always was on Sky ,the other GUY thou he did make me laugh HE would get on nerves over a longer period and had plenty of milard type sayings .

I know that the general feeling is that Pearson & Tatum aren't particularly good (which I have to say I agree with), but Wade Aunger did prove how hard a job it is, by consistently calling the wrong riders and coming out with some total BS.

Apparently a bike length behind is tailed off (ala Greg Hancock in one ride).

That said, I agree it was better staying at the track rather than having to go back to the studio to hear the same dull comments, from the same dull guests.

All in all a decent start from Eurosport, it will be interesting to see whether they have anything new to add to the production once we get back to Europe.

I know that the general feeling is that Pearson & Tatum aren't particularly good (which I have to say I agree with), but Wade Aunger did prove how hard a job it is, by consistently calling the wrong riders and coming out with some total BS.

Apparently a bike length behind is tailed off (ala Greg Hancock in one ride).

That said, I agree it was better staying at the track rather than having to go back to the studio to hear the same dull comments, from the same dull guests.

All in all a decent start from Eurosport, it will be interesting to see whether they have anything new to add to the production once we get back to Europe.

I expect they'll have their own studio with their own dull guests!!

I much prefered the commentary, liked Wade's enthusiam but it didn't come across as bias. Its an opportunity missed imo keeping the same faces.

You need to wait a little while for it to load....but it's definitely there.

Must have been the fact I was using my iPhone then

does anybody know whether SkySports News actually reported the result the meeting ?....my bugbear with SSN is that it is sports news for sports covered by Sky and anything else is ignored basically...so last year the Grand Prix's were covered excellently on SSN but this year they probably deny their very existence !......

I know that the general feeling is that Pearson & Tatum aren't particularly good (which I have to say I agree with),

It isn't a `general feeling`. I have seen as many pro as against.

does anybody know whether SkySports News actually reported the result the meeting ?....my bugbear with SSN is that it is sports news for sports covered by Sky and anything else is ignored basically...so last year the Grand Prix's were covered excellently on SSN but this year they probably deny their very existence !......

Sky are not even showing that EL is being shown on wednesday in there sports on sky schedule page.

Sky are not even showing that EL is being shown on wednesday in there sports on sky schedule page.

My sky planner shows Elite League Speedway on Skysports 1 7.30pm?????

Or do you mean the SSN Live Sport schedule?????

Edited by screamer

Live sports schedule, sky used to have a page that is still on my pull down screens, but this now shows sports on sky- day by day, but it does not show speedway. I used to look at this inorder to plan what day to go to the pub to watch it.

Have found speedway live schedule on sky sports news.

Edited by A ORLOV

I must admit as much as I like Pearson/Tatum, Wade and Jonno make a good pairing. It would be nice to alternate between the 2 between GPs to keep it feeling fresh. Just a suggestion?

I did really enjoy some of the one liners. My favourite was when Wade said 'That Australian flag got a right thrashing there' - I'm not explaining why that was valid but I was in tears

Who is doing the coverage from Cardiff this year. I thought Sky provided it for the last few years

I had SSN on sporadically over the weekend. Don't recall any mention of the GP. As you say it will now cease to exist for Sky.

GP report and results are shown on the Sky sports speedway page.

Who is doing the coverage from Cardiff this year. I thought Sky provided it for the last few years

EUROSPORT will provide the production facilities at Cardiff

• Like 2