British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Ben Fund Meeting - Berwick - Saturday 9 March 2013 6.30pm

http://www.srbf.co.uk/news/130305.html

Of all the riders in the Ben Fund Bonanza this Saturday, the eyes of Berwick fans will probably alight as much on their Aussie star Kozza Smith as anyone else because he is a such a key man for the Bandits this year.

He missed the whole of the British season in 2012 but is typically upbeat about prospects for the coming season.

He said "I'm just in the process of getting the bikes sorted out to make sure I am ready.

"I did a bit of racing back home though I had another operation to get the rod out of my leg. The leg feels a lot better but I just need the laps on the bike now.

"I've had a fair bit from the Ben Fund after some of the injuries I've had in the past so it's only right that I ride in their meeting."

Glasgow will be represented by James Grieves as long as James gets the all-clear from a hospital visit this week. His problem is kidney stones and it could be that he will need to have an operation to clear them up before the start of the Tigers' season.

Definitely in the event are Morten Risager (Ipswich), Kyle Howarth (Workington) and Steve Worrall (Newcastle)

The Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund organisers wish to thank the Stadium Landlords, Berwick Rangers FC Supporters Club for their very generous concessionary rental charges for the meeting.

Meanwhile, SRBF Secretary Paul Ackroyd has issued a "Travel Advice" for those fans attending the Ben Fund Bonanza on Saturday.

Paul commented "Berwick Rangers have kindly agreed to bring forward there Irn-Bru Scottish Third Division fixture with Montrose - with kick-off scheduled for 2.00pm. We are hoping for the Stadium and Car Park to be cleared by around 4.00pm. We would urge fans who are not attending the football match to try to arrive at the stadium no earlier than 4.30pm to avoid traffic congestion in the area. Gates for the Ben Fund Bonanza are scheduled to open at 5.00pm, with the meeting due to start at 6.30pm".

What time do the gates open ?Know it says starts 6 30 i presume its 5 00 and theres no footy on

5pm it is,though the Ben Fund organisers are asking speedway attenders not to go into the car park before 4-30pm to let the football crowd out.

I want it to set the updates page up, but if no-one knows it looks like I'll have to add the line-up on Saturday. Not long now!

Hopefully that might appear in this weeks Speedway Star,if not Im sure it will be on the Berwick or Ben Fund site sometime between now and saturday evening.

• Like 1

are the covers to be used on the track .has it looks like drizzle is forecast.?

Berwick Rangers game, Black and Gold then Speedway. Superb

• Like 1

are the covers to be used on the track .has it looks like drizzle is forecast.?

With the football being at home that afternoon Im not sure they will be for this meeting,though on the positive side I havent heard that they arent.

Weathers been good in Berwick for the last few days,infact we`ve had good weather for a while now,with not much rain to speak of.Hopefully it will stay that way.

• Like 1

Quite a good balanced field.

Probably about 7 riders capable of winning, and you just never know with the rest.

Looking forward to this one.

I hope the 2013 weather gods give us all a break.

I see that Craig Cook has pulled out as crucial parts of his new equipment has not arrived yet and he will be replaced by Joe Haines.

http://www.edinburgh...cle.asp?id=1263

Craig Cook and James Grieves out of this meeting to be replaced by James Wright and Joe Haines.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.19235

When did Richie Worrall's invitation get passed to Steve?

Both Worralls were always in the line-up.

All the best

Rob

The drizzly rain came to Berwick overnight and it lasted into the daytime hours.Hasnt rained for a while now but it is very dull and overcast.Temprature isnt crash hot either. :blink:

The drizzly rain came to Berwick overnight and it lasted into the daytime hours.Hasnt rained for a while now but it is very dull and overcast.Temprature isnt crash hot either. :blink:

When I looked earlier it was forecast for rain all of tomorrow and light rain most of Saturday, hope they put the covers on!!!!