British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Ben Fund Meeting - Berwick - Saturday 9 March 2013 6.30pm

well you can take pick from from Niki Pedersen, N K Iversen Nicolai Klindt and Rory Schlein who were in last last years Ben Fund and are riding at Topinkas and Lindgrens testomonials

No Brit boys then?

just on a sort of positive side, SRBF always brings back memories to me of one of the first people from BSF I met who worked tirelessly for them despite being ill and is sadly no longer with us. RIP Cheetahhawk. There are others who now also work tirelessly for the fund and without them the fund would not run and I doff my cap to them as they say. They deserve better than riders pulling out when they work hard to put together an event that they hopefully will never have to call on but is there in case they do.

• Like 1

Light drizzle for most of today, perfect for the track I would have thought.

It's going to be cold, but dry going by tomorrow's forecast.

Can't see there being any problems :)

This time last week spring had sprung,now it feels we are heading back to winter.Cold drizzle for most of the day blowing off the North Sea by an easterly wind.Happily tomorrows forecast is better,this drizzle we have will last off and on for most of the night and into daylight hours,as the day goes on things will improve,though it will be cold.

Any more weather reports as it's more than a 6 hour drive each way for me

Its the BenFund Bonanza.

It's on!

• Like 1

Must admit its disappointing to read that some riders gave to intention to ride in this meeting and have now said no or chose to race in other meetings.But IMO its their loss,we`ve a meeting at Berwick tomorrow that we may not see again up here for a while,so I hope theres a good crowd to support those riders who will the Ben Fund,even the riders who chose not to be at Berwick tomorrow night.

• Like 1

No Brit boys then?

Yes, our finest

We`ve had a constant light drizzle throughout the night in Berwick,and that remains the case right now.The forecast for later is better with it brightening up around lunchtime,lets hope thats the case.Its going to be cold with tempratures no more than 3 or 4 degrees.

Leaving Workington now, Hotel booked, so its a night in the Black & Gold whatever happens!! Lets hope the weather smiles on us. Has the track been covered?

Fingers crossed that you guys get the break in the weather we had in Norfolk last night :t:

BBC weather reports no more rain from midday. Hopefully that is going to be OK to get the track prepared finally.

Caff will be fueling up the Woowoo bus , and we'll all be congregating in the Walkabout in Glasgow ready for the off . Should hit Berwick about half three , bring it on .

• Like 1

Still cloudy but not raining as per forecast,we shouldnt get anymore significant rain now so heres hoping we get a good meeting tonight.

My understanding is that the drizzle we have had over the past day or so will be perfect for the track?

Anyway, as Screm says, no more after mid-day: Wrap up warm and we should get a cracking meeting full of racers who don't do taking it easy.

A great cause on one of the World's greatest speedway tracks.

:approve:

And we all know who will rise to that one.

• Like 3