British Speedway Forum

Good to see some Speedway again. Spoilt by the massive gate bias, but delighted to see Hampel win. Thought the commentary was refreshing.

Not quite, Sky used to dip in and out of the coverage to go back to the studio.

And wasn't that boring......at least I used to think so. That was make a cuppa time for me :lol:

Well done Hampel. did it when it mattered.

Also a big well done to Tai..Hope he keeps it up. I really like Wade & Johnno ,wish they could do the rest.

You speedway fans never learn.

Accept the coverage you get and stop bellyaching about daft little things.

Look at the winter you have just had... SKY not covering this, not covering that... people threatening to stop their subscription and close down the channel, as the wave of speedway fans adopting this approach threatened SKY's profits.

Now, live speedway retained, we still have them... "The camera work was this," "it (the meeting) was on too early," "I had to watch with the sound down," "I had to watch with the sound up but picture off."

Just be thankful you have another chance of watching live racing.

too right I agree 100% all I've heard from some people is how they don't want Pearson and Tatum back for next GP but really who cares we got LIVE SGP speedway on TV just be thankful and stop moaning
  • Like 4

The thing was Jarek did use the outside line to blast around Nicki on the first lap so it wasn't completely removed

Not really..

Hampel got round because Nicki, quite literally, dropped the anchors round 1 and 2 to block Ward.

I loved the "he looks like a ninja turtle" comment when Bunyan's airvest went off! I also liked their comment about Hancock "you've got to have a set for that move!"

Shame it's Tatum returning I don't kind Pearson and would prefer Pearson & Johnno!

Regarding Sidney's comment about Darcy's gating it normally is shocking but it was the best I've seen it in this GP except for the semi!

Seeing as so many liked to slate Nigel and Kelvin id still rather their over the top commentary than make it up as you go along Oz commentary. Since when has Hampel ever been `hammer`? And when has Kasprzak even been `kaspo`? Must be an Aussie thing.

Professional, but could do without the made up names!

I loved that part of it, that's typical Aussie style for you, it's fun

You would be Brumo

I loved that part of it, that's typical Aussie style for you, it's fun

You would be Brumo

I get it Marko :t:

Its Oz style.

???

Edited by iris123

Well done to Tai on his GP return, looked on the pace throughout. Wasn't the greatest GP I've watched but I did kind of expect it to be gate and go remembering from last year although the commentating would make you believe there was passing in every heat lol.

I love the look of this track. I recon if it was used every week it would have amazing races. Big, wide and huge banking. 2 SGPs now and how many actual crashes? they just don't happen due to the space, even on an inconsistent track as it was yesterday/today. OK it wasn't prep'd that well today but I think the potential if it was used for speedway all the time is huge, shame it won't ever happen really.

The track should/could be better but if we're going to have a crap GP, make it the first one when we're just waiting for any speedway on the tele and will accept crap.

The commentary, I love it. Always been a Johno fan and thought Wade was interesting, funny and a breathe of fresh air but I don't mind Nigel either tbf. Some of his comments had me giggling and I liked how he was quick to notice his mistakes (apart form Zagar being Slovenian and not Slovakian). All in all, the commentary gets a big thumbs up from me.

Tai - On the pace, gave it some in every heat and was IMO one of the fastest riders out there, on a track with a few more lines he would have scored a few more points IMO. Excellent start to the GP series but lets not get too carried away, he's in 8th place over all ATM. A crap GP2 and he could be down in 12th! But, a good start that I think he can be pleased with.

All in all, worth staying awake for.

Have they done away with the double points in final? g8 first gp from Eurosport & if sky do dump the Elite League, I can't think of a better place for it.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

Not the greatest GP but an improvement in commentary by having Steve Johnston. His knowledge was put to good use.

Shame the GP didn't catch fire until as late as heat 20,the rest was pretty processional.Watched the repeat,coverage was ok as was the commentary.Encouraged by Tai's performance,his bikes looked quick,think Darcy will be a real contender this year.It will be interesting to see how the finances add up for this GP compared to last year.It just seems a long way to go for 2 good races !

Have they done away with the double points in final? g8 first gp from Eurosport & if sky do dump the Elite League, I can't think of a better place for it.

Yes persumably to pack the field closer and give more riders the chance to be world champion.

I love the look of this track. I recon if it was used every week it would have amazing races. Big, wide and huge banking. 2 SGPs now and how many actual crashes? they just don't happen due to the space, even on an inconsistent track as it was yesterday/today. OK it wasn't prep'd that well today but I think the potential if it was used for speedway all the time is huge, shame it won't ever happen really.

The track should/could be better but if we're going to have a crap GP, make it the first one when we're just waiting for any speedway on the tele and will accept crap.

The commentary, I love it. Always been a Johno fan and thought Wade was interesting, funny and a breathe of fresh air but I don't mind Nigel either tbf. Some of his comments had me giggling and I liked how he was quick to notice his mistakes (apart form Zagar being Slovenian and not Slovakian). All in all, the commentary gets a big thumbs up from me.

Tai - On the pace, gave it some in every heat and was IMO one of the fastest riders out there, on a track with a few more lines he would have scored a few more points IMO. Excellent start to the GP series but lets not get too carried away, he's in 8th place over all ATM. A crap GP2 and he could be down in 12th! But, a good start that I think he can be pleased with.

All in all, worth staying awake for.

Might be an idea to have Auckland,Prague and Terranzano as the first 3 GP,s to get them out of the way
  • Like 1