British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Brandonapolis 15th March 2013

Just as there are some "deadheads"on this thread who can't seem to grasp the fact that folk have differing opinions, all are entitled to express their views.

Didnt say they wasnt entitled to their opinions thats what forums are for. I just dont understand the slating of the line up thats all.

Yes it is!

Thanks Neil.

Didnt say they wasnt entitled to their opinions thats what forums are for. I just dont understand the slating of the line up thats all.

So why call them snobs then?

Why should the GP riders ride in this meeting? :s

I never said they had to. I just thought 1 or 2 may have rode if the management had asked. Guess we will never know who was asked though.

No real loss there then. Last years line up was far better IMO.

There's a quote by Neil Watson in the press release on the Cov website stating that several forecasts had been consulted and all suggested heavy rain most of the day.

I would be interesting to know what has been consulted because it would seem a little at odds with what can be seen below (which I would consider the best chart to check for short-term precip forecasts) - 6mm accumulated between 6am and midnight. :)

http://expert-images...031600_1506.gif

and falling precip. later this afternoon/evening.

http://expert-images...031521_1506.gif

There's a quote by Neil Watson in the press release on the Cov website stating that several forecasts had been consulted and all suggested heavy rain most of the day.

I would be interesting to know what has been consulted because it would seem a little at odds with what can be seen below (which I would consider the best chart to check for short-term precip forecasts) - 6mm accumulated between 6am and midnight. :)

It's never an easy decision to make to postpone a meeting but, prior to the referee arriving, that is a decision that falls to the Club promoter.

We made the decision based on a number of forecasts of heavy rain, which arrived at 12.15!

Are you sure you are not using the World renowned Sherborne Weather Centre,which used to be (in)famous for its forecasts for the Warwickshire area. :D

• Like 1

I came of the golf course at 1204 and it had just started, still raining now.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't

You'd think some people would prefer to get to the stadium hang about for half an hour in the rain to be told its off

Edited by sancho
  • Like 2

It's never an easy decision to make to postpone a meeting...

I don't doubt it. Thanks for the reply.

Are you sure you are not using the World renowned Sherborne Weather Centre,which used to be (in)famous for its forecasts for the Warwickshire area. :D

Can't find that forecast model anywhere. :unsure::D

In keeping with the line up then me thinks. What with the weather forecast and the line up its looking like a real damp squib. I was looking forward to a top class meeting to open the season but already think I'm gonna give it a miss. Talk about having all the enthusiasm knocked out of you. Fair play to Tai Woffinden and KK as they are the only GP riders who could be arsed to go a day later and support the meeting.

Please, don't start the season with a large dose of pessimism. It's very infectious!

Didnt rain that long though maybe a couple of hours max. The forecast was worse than what actually took place, shame.

• Like 1

Didnt think we had much rain between Monday and Thursday and the practice didnt do much damage surely the track should have been packed down extra hard like the M6 giving the promoters a chance to earn some much needed money for the coffers Ive not had chance to get up there this week cos Ive been in classroom all week sitting exams for the new LGV lorry legislation that I dont need till Sept 2014 This post isn,t meant to ruffle feathers its just an ex trackmans thoughts

Cheers Mick C.

Ive asked a similar question on another thread... why do tracks not have covers on them? If it rained at 12:15, why wasn't the track covered to prevent this resulting in the meeting being cancelled?

I was due to be coming to this, and whilst I appreciate the early call off so I didn't have a wasted journey... you can't help but feel this could be prevented.

Ive asked a similar question on another thread... why do tracks not have covers on them? If it rained at 12:15, why wasn't the track covered to prevent this resulting in the meeting being cancelled?

I was due to be coming to this, and whilst I appreciate the early call off so I didn't have a wasted journey... you can't help but feel this could be prevented.

There are at least a couple of companies that I know of currently active in investigating the costing and production of covers for tracks.

The main problem being that there is no standard shape/size/width to a Speedway track, so each track would have to have it's own unique set of covers manufactured.

But at least it shows that the option for covers has not been discounted by promoters.

Maybe a Covers Benefit meeting at tracks would help the finances. (similar to the Air Fence funding)

ATB

Dave