British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irk Deflector

24th August 2013 Gp Challenge @ Poole

execpt here, where you had to qualify for the job. My friend here next to me with a FIM clerk of the course license thinks the substitute list takes precedence until the very last minute. Cant say though when that last minute is... At some point common sense will come to play naturally.

Agreed.

However riders should obliviously be forced to send a notification of entry or of not coming, lets say one week prior to the meeting so

that the qualified reserves can have reasonable amount of time to sort out travelling arrangements and etc. It should definitely not be

allowed to pull out the day before the meeting without a valid cause such as injury.

Zagar is the one that causes this mess in the first place by pulling out so close to the race.

From what i can see on the results site, in addition to those you & F-s-p mention, Nicholls, Wolbert, Sundstrom, North, Kennett, Kroner,

Ales D all finished the qualifiers ahead of Harris - has he got some compromising photos tucked away somewhere! Ha Ha. I genuinely cannot understand it?

As I wrote above, Zagar pulled out yesterday which means that the other reserves don't have enough time to get to the meeting in time.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Still need a texter for this...anyone?

execpt here, where you had to qualify for the job. My friend here next to me with a FIM clerk of the course license thinks the substitute list takes precedence until the very last minute. Cant say though when that last minute is... At some point common sense will come to play naturally.

I bet the £25 admission charge is not reduced though, with this weaker field!!!!

So, the SGP site says none of the reserves could fill Zagar's place - I don't think they asked all of the riders. Whatever, it then says the home federation chose his replacement i.e. another wildcard, and they opted for Harris. Good luck to him, he's a very lucky boy and to all those overlooked, i feel very sorry for you, especially Kennett and Nicholls who finished ahead of Harris in the qualifiers.

I feel Particularly sorry for Pavlic and Buczkowski-as both were in the run-off for 6th,7th 8 th and 9th place in the lonigo semi.Pavlic finishing in 8th with everybody thinking he had qualified until Kennett failed in the holsted semi.I can understand Pavlic not being able to drive from Croatia in time,but cannot for the life of me understand Buczkowski turning it down.Incidently Zagar qualified from lonigo so a replacement comes from the non-qualifiers there.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

... Good luck to him, he's a very lucky boy and to all those overlooked, i feel very sorry for you, especially Kennett and Nicholls who finished ahead of Harris in the qualifiers.

Personally I'd rather see someone who gave their all for their country a month ago at the World Cup (Harris) rewarded with the call up ahead of someone who didn't bother to ride and someone who was s*** enough to be dropped from a poor GB team. Maybe that's just me.

But I agree that the ones that missed out in the semis should have been asked first. Especially Buczkowski if Pavlic couldn't make it. As someone else said, he was riding just down the road from Poole last night so surely would have made it!

But as it is, bomber is there and has a genuine chance of making the top 3 tonight as he goes well at Poole usually. I'd rather see him back in the gp's ahead of someone like Lindback. Yes he won't be as good as Tai but he does pull the odd big performance out of the bag.

Edited by Cornishman
  • Like 1

Is anyone traveling from the bristol / bath area today? Willing to split travel costs or drive if someone needs a lift?

What reason hs Zagar given for such a late pull out?..if he has a bum last few gp's and just misses out he's gonna look a right prize prat...or get injured?

What reason hs Zagar given for such a late pull out?..if he has a bum last few gp's and just misses out he's gonna look a right prize prat...or get injured?

He was happy to take the risk of injury in a GP-however he wasn`t prepared to risk injury in the cut-throat challenge final.

I don't understand why Harris or anyone should've been given a wild card for this meeting? He didn't qualify so effectively he's cheating the system yet again. What is it with the FIM and Chris Harris?! I'm absolutely fed up with the amount of free passes he gets.

Watch him fluke this meeting and quality. More of a mockery of the sport...just how many nails does the coffin need?

• Like 1

Still looking for a texter....anyone?

All credit to Zagar I think he`s done a good thing, he obviously thinks he`s going to qualify on his own merit and by withdrawing he`s given another chap a chance to qualify even though that chap is Bomber Harris .

So the serial charity case gets YET another free ride, what a surprise. What's the bet BSI have promised Zagar a place next year, even if he fails to finish in the top 8, allowing their beloved Chris Harris to sponge his way into this meeting?

On the GP website today he says "People think I'm too old to be in the series", no we don't Chris, we just don't think you're good enough, as you have proven far more often than not.

I also think the late pullout from Zagar is entirely deliberate, ever since he spectacularly failed to qualify earlier this season, they've been looking for ways to shoe horn Bummer into this meeting. I hope the joker scores five ducks.

Farcical.

JT.

Edited by JT
  • Like 2

Still looking for a texter....anyone?

Is it possible Poole twitter could be covering the meeting.