British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pinny

What Are They Doing Now

Dave Mullett is ducking and diving in rural Kent. Sold his sheep several years ago now,has a livery yard on his land and also rears baby chicks and sells them as point of lay chickens.

Dave Mullett is ducking and diving in rural Kent. Sold his sheep several years ago now,has a livery yard on his land and also rears baby chicks and sells them as point of lay chickens.

Seem to remember a lady left/gave the farm and animals to him at the back end of his career

yes sean wilson was a hard rider but so were many others b ott d howe n sadler r fisher n pedersen to name a few i dont want to see anyone get hurt but being nice doesnt win anything

Must admit I didn`t have a problem with it,Anders could dish it out at times...
Only at home thought really. Some of his second bends were immense :D I remember Lanham and White once taking a stuffing on bend 2 when the Wasps were 40-38 down at home, results? Watson nipping under them all off the dodgy gate 4 for the win thanks to Anders :D

Soem great names who I used to love watching in Pinstripes list there. Paul Pickering as mentioned was as hard as nails and often had me swearing at him but I used to love watching him race, the Pickering/Burrows pairing was scary, Pickering would shove you out of the way with intent and Burrows would clatter into you trying to stay on the bike :D

As for jesper Olsen, '99 was his one season, average about 10, other than that one season he was a 7.5 rider. IN '99 Wato was averaging about 10.5 for Newport, was unbeatable at home but Newcastle turned up with Eriksson and Olsen and they blitzed, he scored about 5, I was in shock. Seem to remeber Jesper got 2nd in the Welsh Open that year too.

Neville Tatum guested for Newport at Swindon in '99 on the day of the infamous victory, the one where Smart come from 15 metres to beat Marsh and Masters (how often was a GDTS used against a heatleader?). I took a liking to him from then on.

As for Sean Wilson. I was there at Newport a few days before the PLRC when he aimed for Frank Smart (no angel at all tbf) on the 2nd bend at Newport, missed and smashed into the fence and idioted up his shoulder missing the PLRC and the start of the following season - the guy was a dirty bastard who I loved to hate but anyone who saw his 3rd bends at Sheffield couldn't fail to actually like him, even if it was very begrudgingly

Most of the rider on that list are from my "good old days when the sport was so much better".

To add to that list, what are Mike Coles, Scott Peglar (the guy thought I was mad when I pounced on him for a photo at Cardiff a few years ago and told him it was his fault I was a speedway fan was very embarrassed - he scored about 18 points vs Newcastle in '98, the day Lawrence Hare broke his thigh on his debut for Newpor, but missed the gate 7 times), Neil Collins, Savalas Clouting and Alan Mogridge up to these days?

Edited by SCB

Scott Pegler is working for a Motor Bike company in Exeter, I Believe Mike Coles spends time Training his son (future speedway star maybe)

Only at home thought really. Some of his second bends were immense :D I remember Lanham and White once taking a stuffing on bend 2 when the Wasps were 40-38 down at home, results? Watson nipping under them all off the dodgy gate 4 for the win thanks to Anders :D

Soem great names who I used to love watching in Pinstripes list there. Paul Pickering as mentioned was as hard as nails and often had me swearing at him but I used to love watching him race, the Pickering/Burrows pairing was scary, Pickering would shove you out of the way with intent and Burrows would clatter into you trying to stay on the bike :D

As for jesper Olsen, '99 was his one season, average about 10, other than that one season he was a 7.5 rider. IN '99 Wato was averaging about 10.5 for Newport, was unbeatable at home but Newcastle turned up with Eriksson and Olsen and they blitzed, he scored about 5, I was in shock. Seem to remeber Jesper got 2nd in the Welsh Open that year too.

Neville Tatum guested for Newport at Swindon in '99 on the day of the infamous victory, the one where Smart come from 15 metres to beat Marsh and Masters (how often was a GDTS used against a heatleader?). I took a liking to him from then on.

As for Sean Wilson. I was there at Newport a few days before the PLRC when he aimed for Frank Smart (no angel at all tbf) on the 2nd bend at Newport, missed and smashed into the fence and idioted up his shoulder missing the PLRC and the start of the following season - the guy was a dirty bastard who I loved to hate but anyone who saw his 3rd bends at Sheffield couldn't fail to actually like him, even if it was very begrudgingly

Most of the rider on that list are from my "good old days when the sport was so much better".

To add to that list, what are Mike Coles, Scott Peglar (the guy thought I was mad when I pounced on him for a photo at Cardiff a few years ago and told him it was his fault I was a speedway fan was very embarrassed - he scored about 18 points vs Newcastle in '98, the day Lawrence Hare broke his thigh on his debut for Newpor, but missed the gate 7 times), Neil Collins, Savalas Clouting and Alan Mogridge up to these days?

Oh aye Henriksson would dish it out as would Lindqvist and even NKI was hard as nails for Newport.

,Anders could dish it out at times...

I recall one meeting when he was on the gate next to Les Collins. The tapes went up and in a second Anders had come come across Les and delivered a cracking elbow to his head.How Les stayed on his bike I don't know.

Seem to remember a lady left/gave the farm and animals to him at the back end of his career

Really good article on Dave in Backtrack mag issue 48-he was very honest in recounting the severe lows he experienced when he packed up racing.

Really good article on Dave in Backtrack mag issue 48-he was very honest in recounting the severe lows he experienced when he packed up racing.

Dave Mullet was a bloody nuisance at Newport, he was too good.

In this weeks Speedway Star there is a good article on the Arena 1991 treble winning team. Mentions what everyone is up to now days Moggo, Bo, Brian Karger etc.

They just say little is known of Andy Galvins activities these days.

They just say little is known of Andy Galvins activities these days.
LOL

After a career ending neck injury Phillipe Bergé moved back to France and Haida a hairdressing salon on the coast at lacanau. Then he moved on to the island of Mauritius where he opened a restaurant After two years there he came back to France and now has a pizza restaurant in the suburbs of Bordeaux. His son Dimitri is a world youth champion in both 125 & 250cc on Grasstrack. He beat my son Adam for the title in the 250cc French championships last year. He is 16 years old like Adam, weighs about 55lg and is bloody good on a speedway bike. We're hoping to get him some second halves this year

Dmitri is my favourite French rider ever. His last name spelled in Finnish i the same as årse.