British Speedway Forum
John Leslie

Middleditch Must Go - New Gb Boss Needed

Darcy Ward is clearly the Michael Lee of 2012/3. A tragic waste of a great talent on a bike, but a disaster in bed, socially and any other aspect you care to think of.

Middlo is a nice guy but has achieved very little given the powerful Poole teams he has managed. No one, even the more grounded Rosco. could do much better with the limited GB talent available to him.

The difference is in 1980 speedway was still a major attraction. Today, and I hate it, the sport is a joke. Ward is a walking disaster, Middlo should have said no comment. End of...

Edited by remembertheracers
  • Like 1

Thats not even worth a reply.

Which is what you did! :P

• Like 2

And you could better could you? Yeh right. Not. Again talking behind a computer screen. You wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Yes, I can categorically state 100% that I would make a better job of knowing the rules than Middleditch if that was my job.

Again, another one talking behind a computer screen. Again you wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Says the man talking behind his computer screen...........

Can we just remember that Darcy is 20 years old not a kid! At that age he should have far more maturity than he shows and he shouldnt need anyone to keep an eye on him. As for Middleditch he should be sacked, he represents GB abroad and in the press and those comments are disrespectful.

• Like 1

Good. Now we have someone with access to facts.

The journo who interviewed Middleditch but botched up the quote should be named and shamed, at the least.

The Echo don't agree that it was "botched up", they stand by their reporter and the quotes.

The journalist still has her notes from the interview if needed and insist he wasn't mis-quoted.

Aside from saying he was mis-quoted on Twitter it's interesting to notice that Middleditch has done nothing towards trying to get the situation cleared up over his alleged mis-quoting...

I think those calling for Middlo's head are going over the top. The reason being is that he has been misquoted in the press so you, nor I, know what he really said.

Until you know exactly what he said you can't judge him properly.

So you admit that you don't know what he "really" said yet you know he's been mis-quoted?

Amazing.

• Like 1

The Echo don't agree that it was "botched up", they stand by their reporter and the quotes.

The journalist still has her notes from the interview if needed and insist he wasn't mis-quoted.

Aside from saying he was mis-quoted on Twitter it's interesting to notice that Middleditch has done nothing towards trying to get the situation cleared up over his alleged mis-quoting...

I agree entirely.

Perhaps I should have indicated my sarcasm a little more obviously in my previous post.

If Darcy is old enough to be responsible for his own actions then why didn't Muddlo say just that instead of trying to explain it all away? The words "No comment" are known and understood by all PR men. A proper press release on the Poole website would have nipped all this in the bud and then he wouldn't and couldn't have been mis-quoted.

Give up trying to defend him. Its not your job and the more you dig the deeper the hole.

It's a good point, Middlo and some of the Poole fans need to stop digging

• Like 1

You'll never get an apology from our local rag whether its deserved or not.

Edited by sugarray

You'll never get an apology from our local rag whether its deserved or not.

But aren't they on record saying they stand by the quote? Hardly likely to issue an apology anyway are they!.

If Middlo leaves Poole or the GB managers job - who will replace him? We do not have anyone with that level of respect from riders, knowedge of the Sport or proven success (given the riders available to him)

Off the top of my head, Wizzer, Loram, Havvy, Garry Stead are all ex riders who would do just as well - given the riders available to them.

Starman2006 - don't let the keyboard warriors grind you down, if only they all knew middlo the way you know middlo! He's told people he was misquoted, but nooo that's not enough for some, what a cheek expecting him to explain exactly what he said/meant!

Off the top of my head, Wizzer, Loram, Havvy, Garry Stead are all ex riders who would do just as well - given the riders available to them.

Starman2006 - don't let the keyboard warriors grind you down, if only they all knew middlo the way you know middlo! He's told people he was misquoted, but nooo that's not enough for some, what a cheek expecting him to explain exactly what he said/meant!

your surname Baccy??..... That would explain it all :)

This is all your fault!! :)

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 3

i would say there is not one person on here or in speedway that doesn't admit Darcy Ward is a fantastic speedway rider..i would go as far to say as the best natural talent i have seen since Collins and Lee..and the only rider that i would go out of way to watch on TV or even go to see live...i would really be looking forward to seeing him in the GP's ( if i was able to watch them :cry: !

However you cannot defend him at times as an individual off the track however much you admire his skill on it....this is the latest of numerous incidents and he is not a kid...i do worry for the future of him unless he dramatically changes as he doesn't seem to learn. Maybe being in and round the GP set up will mature him...i certainly hope so as potentially there is no limit to what he could achieve although he does come across as an immature fool on TV regardless of the outside incidents.

as for Neil Middleditch...i've met him a few times years ago and he seems a nice bloke but his comments are undefendable and certainly would not have been made up by a local paper for sure...he probably regretted saying them as soon as he had said them but the fact he said them in the first place is a disgrace really and an insult to a lot of youngsters today.

So the reporter is lying as they stand by the comment??? :blink:

Edited by stevebrum