British Speedway Forum
John Leslie

Middleditch Must Go - New Gb Boss Needed

Darcys Australian, Remember. You cannot tie somebody to his bedposts 24/7.

Isn't that what he did to someone else in his past? :blink:

Allegedly.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 5

I couldn't beleive what I read ande had to read it again to be sure the comments were Middlo's. This is the NATIONAL team manager saying it's fine to break the law! He should be sacked immediately. A manager should guide, set an example and even protect his riders (especially those who are very young). Middleditch should be ashamed of himself. What a role model - NOT.

• Like 5

I couldn't beleive what I read ande had to read it again to be sure the comments were Middlo's. This is the NATIONAL team manager saying it's fine to break the law! He should be sacked immediately. A manager should guide, set an example and even protect his riders (especially those who are very young). Middleditch should be ashamed of himself. What a role model - NOT.

100% Agree, Middledtch has to resign and if not he should be relieved of his National team Manager duties with immediate effect.

• Like 1

I'm surprised at middleditch,I always thought he was a bit of a limp lettuce,not a guy to express controversial opinions.

Edited by mrcts

Doesn't Darcy live with Middlo?? Judging by his comments maybe that's where Darcy gets his standards from ?

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

His comments aren't compatible with that of the National team Manager.

After such foolish comments he's shouldn't need to be sacked...he should be penning his resignation ASAP...

Putting speedway aside, I just don't understand what his thinking is in making these comments?? Surely as a father to justify wards actions... Which btw could have killed somebody is not very well thought out.

Bang goes his babysitter of the year nomination for the 3rd year running :)

• Like 2

Riders have been banned for less than what Ward has done...He has just heaped up a load more pressure on himself..EVERYWHERE and i mean everywhere he will be in the spotlight...can he handle it?? who knows time will tell whether he is another flawed genius.. :sad:

I couldn't beleive what I read ande had to read it again to be sure the comments were Middlo's. This is the NATIONAL team manager saying it's fine to break the law!

To be fair, he didn't actually say it's fine to break the law. But he did hamfistedly attempt to mitigate Ward's gross stupidity and recklessness by making up a sweeping generalisation that has no foundation at all. Even worse in my opinion, he tried to minimise Ward's actions by distancing it from speedway racing - incredibly he seems to think it's somehow less serious if a rider's misconduct takes place away from the track. Any credibility Middleditch had as a team manager is gone.

• Like 1

These supposed comments were published in our local rag, where true comments are distorted dreadfully.

Not condoning Neil's comments or Darcy but you can never believe The Echo stories.

• Like 2

What Middleditch was probably thinking: Young people do stupid things, unfortunately. I have done it, he and most of the people who judge him so harshly have made mistakes which should not be repeated. We should ask him what was he thinking when he made this comment. It is not the end of the world, if he does a good job as a Team GB manager than leave him alone. Ward is an adult and Middleditch is not a babysitter or a guardian of Darcy.

• Like 1

Arent we making a bit to much of this,apart from the local rag and the Speedway Star Id be surprised if this story made any of the national papers.

Further to my earlier post, I like a few others can see that Middlo may have been misquoted. It also seems from the postings of Poole fans that the newspaper involved is notorious for reshaping quotes etc ( which I will have to take on trust ). These two factors still don't change my view that Middlo should go. If the paper is that notorious, Middlo, who lives in it's catchment area, should know and be very wary of any quote he gives. It brings into question his judgement again.

If there is even a grain of truth in the quote it would seem Middlo is still trying to defend Ward's actions to a degree and condoning drug taking and driving under the influence. That's not even taking into account the slur on the majority of law abiding young people. If the quote is completely fictitious I expect to see a statement to that effect at the very least and a possible court case to follow. As I said before Middlo is a NATIONAL team manager and has a reputation to protect ( I mean his BTW, Ward's was lost quite some time ago).

Maybe Matt Ford, whose quotes in the same unreliable newspaper have been spot on, should also get some help and advice for his team manager in how to deal not only with the riders in his team but how to deal with the media.

• Like 1

These supposed comments were published in our local rag, where true comments are distorted dreadfully.

Exactly what I thought.

Why do people usually assume if it is printed in a newspaper it must therefore be true??

1 Darcy is a good rider on the track but an idiot of the track. Last year he was in Court in the UK and now this in his own country. What he has done is not acceptable and I think that he needs to grow up and not ride for Poole for at least a year. If he was caught then he would have had a criminal conviction and with that in mind he should be banned for a year. He needs to gorw up and with Neil saying what he has done will not help him as he probably looks up to Neil as a manager. And as he does live with Neil in this country what does he get up to in his house before a meeting.

2 Neil he shouldn’t get the sack but he should not be the manager of Poole as he should set examples and if he thinks youngest can drink and take drugs and be in control of a motorbike then he is as stupid as Darcy is. Neil should also leave as the National Team manager for the same reason.

3 If people are unhappy about what Neil has said then maybe us the fans we need to start a petition and get the message across to BSPA that we don’t want Neil as a Manager for our Nation. What do people think?