British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rusky

Armando Castagna Is New Chairman Of The Fim Track Racing Commission (ccp)

I'm surprised that there has been no mention on this website of the fact that Armando Castagna was elected to be the chairman of the FIM Track Racing Commission. Armando replaces Norway's Roy Otto who has stepped down to concentrate on other interests. Armando was elected at the FIM Congress held in Geneva over the weekend. The other contenders in the election were Tony Steele, and Boris Kotnjek from Slovenia. Tony Steele, will however, server on the track racing committee

Congratulations to " chestnut " on this appointment.Should think the riders will be pleased as he is universally liked,and is more likely to listen to them than the previous incumbent.

I'm sure everyone is still taking in the enormity of the announcement, exhileratied by the exciting prospects ahead & reflecting on all the great memories. It certainly puts the selection process for the new pope into perspective.

• Like 2

An excellent choice. Been there, done it, got the race jackets but being Italian will be pretty neutral.

Wasn't he the one behind the push to bring Argentina into the international calendar?

Wasn't he the one behind the push to bring Argentina into the international calendar?

He certainly was Iris. I suspect that is something that very much went in his favour

Edited by f-s-p

What is the F.I.M. ? are they something to do with speedway ? I have seen their logo atg events etc but I have never seen them do anything for speedway , much like the ACU. welcome on board the gravy train Armando

Edited by jim the whipper

Better news for Speedway!! You never know there might be some sensible (cost-saving) rules about silencers etc etc ???!!!

Edited by Skidder1

A SUPERB APPOINTMENT. Armando will be ideal, good judgement, universally liked and admired. Shrewd, technically proficient and a great ambassador for the sport. Indeed good news for the sport

• Like 3