British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Bydgoszcz Gp Saturday 20th April

What a great evenings entertainment, one of the most spectacular, exciting GPs I have seen over many years.

Kasprzak continuing the Harris tradition of giving Coventry fans a lot :rofl: to shout about in GPs

:rofl: :rofl:

Super stuff from Tai. This season, "The Real Deal" :t:

Well said.

Fairplay to the Aussie who rides for Wolves.

Snoresville.

Excellent GP. A shame that Tai missed the gate in the final but he rode superbly and looked world class tonight.

Must agree. That was a superb meeting with some out of the box heats. Semi 2 was an awesome heat.

Of course i am sure tho it is still to early to say that Tai has had a good start, considering he shouldn't have been in in the first place. :rofl::approve:

Meeting was very good with plenty of overtaking and action. Well done Emil and what a performance from Tai, he has certainly exceeded a lot of peoples expectations.

Have two thoughts about heat 14, what a cut under by Darcy, it just showed his ability to read what the other riders may do and take advantage of their actions. The down side was that this cut back and win reduced my winnings on the betting thread. Never mind it was still a brilliant race and showed what Darcy is capable of doing this year.

After that tonight my pants are having to go through a hotwash :lol: Semi final 2 was just rediculously awesome. One of the most stupendous races ever. OMG I need a lay down

• Like 1

Excellent racing, and all those of us who felt Tai's pick fo rthe GPs was unwarrnated have been well and truly proved wrong, long may that contimnue for the rest of the season.

Did he change his bike for the final? He had looked fast all night, until that final race when he seemed flat.

• Like 1

HATS off to Tony Olsson, too. He fought tooth and nail to get the track staff to produce a racetrack to showcase speedway at its very best.

Excellent racing, and all those of us who felt Tai's pick fo rthe GPs was unwarrnated have been well and truly proved wrong, long may that contimnue for the rest of the season.

Did he change his bike for the final? He had looked fast all night, until that final race when he seemed flat.

NO, he just missed the start and in that company that was enough. But what a performance, so good it almost brought a smile to the face of Peter Adams who was in the pits with him.

• Like 1

HATS off to Tony Olsson, too. He fought tooth and nail to get the track staff to produce a racetrack to showcase speedway at its very best.

NO, he just missed the start and in that company that was enough. But what a performance, so good it almost brought a smile to the face of Peter Adams who was in the pits with him.

Have you been drinking Philip?

Was a great performance from Tai, good luck to the lad, hope his season continues in the same way.

Got 3 cheeky E/W bets on KK, Vaculik and Buckz tonight, hopefully one of them does the business, if not all 3.

Oucheeee i hope the E/W went very, very deep into the field lol.

Thanks for the information, are you in the pits Pawel or is Polish tv giving more valuable info?.

just what is said on TV

As with Ghostwalker in the Swedish section it is much appreciated to have a native language speaker updating us with the local tv/media info. Also i never get the time to follow the supreme Polish speedway but same goes to whoever updates the overseas fans on those threads.

Damn good GP and was certainly surprised that so many Poles have discovered the power of invisibility as at least a third of the crowd seemed to have that power.

Either that or it wasn't apparently a sell out as we were told earlier on here which is worrying for the GPs as if they can't sell that one out etc etc

It's unusual i disagree with you Pandorum but "at least a third"!!! Admittedly i was wrapped up in the racing but no way was the stadium only two thirds full?

Jonsson (4), Lindgren (4) and Lindback (3) not exactly done much tonight to help sell tickets to fill the cavernous Ullevi stadium in the next round!

Sundstrom will add plenty of people to the gate, He has a huge following.

It will need to be HUGE. Hey! maybe the organizers can invite Jesper Jensen as a spectator that would surely ensure a sell out and ticket touts making a fortune outside the stadium? lol ;)

On a serious note please everyone who enjoyed tonight's excellent meeting let Eurosport know what a gem they have discovered. You never know what it might lead to regarding future coverage, or at the very least continuation of the SGP's. Sky's channels were stuck with the same old, same old ball sports.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

A fantastic meeting, brilliant to see Tai doing so well, he has certainly stepped up a class this year and special mention for Matej Zagar, a deserved second place on the podium.

It just shows how good this sport of ours can be.

Good meeting but it looks like certain riders have found some extra speed :shock:

• Like 1

i take it all back. i thought tai would struggle to make a semi but he has totally proved me wrong!! humble pie! Ward could easily win this title im sure gollob will throw a few shockers in. Holder doesn't look on it at all

Sensational Meeting, best I've seen for a long while. Delighted Emil won, as he's my favourite rider to watch, especially when he's at his best in full flow.

Got to give praise for Tai, was superb and he looks like he really belongs on the GP scene now. Much different to his first time in the Gps. Woffy,Woffy,Woffy!!!.

Hey Phil

Whats Ward's punishment for wearing the wrong race jacket in the semi