British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Bydgoszcz Gp Saturday 20th April

The second semi has certainly gone into my top 5 races ever. Awesome stuff.

Fantastic meeting, just shows what you can do with good riders and a good track. Very impressed.

Possibly the best SGP I've watched, really was a top quality meeting. Great riding and the track was good from the get go pretty much, shame about the tapes bit but it wasn't a major issue really

Possibly the best SGP I've watched, really was a top quality meeting. Great riding and the track was good from the get go pretty much, shame about the tapes bit but it wasn't a major issue really

I would second that, very enjoyable and thats what speedway should be like. Lots a passing and close racing on a proper track and proves you dont need to go half way round the world and broadcast a bore fest which no one wants to see.

Think Greg rode a bit gun shy and maybe has stayed around a year to long, Holder has looked very average in both gp and ward has the beating of him whenever they meet. Good to see Emil back on form and Zagar looking the part bodes well. Think were in for a bar banging year :D

Was the best meeting I have seen in ages!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much every race had something!!!!!!!

Even the tapes playing up added to it!!!!!!!

Greg H rode to conservatively, Nikki P was brave and gave no quarter (As expected), Holder was not realy fast enough, Ward quick will win 1 soon, Gollob has still got it, Hampel unlucky (What balance wow) Zagar impressive, Emil due a win and got it, Tai wow wow wow great meeting stunned and pleased!!!!!!!!!

Great meeting

Gollob really looks on it for me,i would love him to win a 2nd title he deserves to will be very tough though.I had took for granted how great he has been over a long period,Emil,Ward,Hampel are going to be there for the long haul.I thought Pedersen and Holder rode really hard for scant reward and Woffinden was tremendously quick.Zagar too was impressive i loved watching him when he was with the Robins and i hope he can build on this.

General feedback is that this was a fantastic and enjoyable GP.

Whilst I appreciate that every track is different in shape and size, I hope that lessons have been learned in the preperation side so that the rest of the GPs the riders are given tracks which they can race on and if they want to, really go for it.

I was there Saturday night and have to say what an awesome night it was great racing on a great race track best GP I've been to in a long time . It just goes to show what good racing there can be in the GP series when the riders are given a stage to preform on like Bydgoszcz track .

On the flip side the stadium needs massive investment if they are going to keep a GP in Bydgoszcz there are far far better stadiums in Poland than Bydgoszcz but the track is second to none that for me is the most important thing I,m not so sure if IMG /BSI or Monster will see things that way though .

Also on the flight home I was chatting to a Pole who lives in London but who's family live Bydgoszcz he was telling me this GP is so very important for the city the amount of business this weekend it has bought into the city is vital he told me ,but he did agree the stadium needs massive work .

I really hope we are back there in 2014 for a GP

General feedback is that this was a fantastic and enjoyable GP.

Whilst I appreciate that every track is different in shape and size, I hope that lessons have been learned in the preperation side so that the rest of the GPs the riders are given tracks which they can race on and if they want to, really go for it.

IT won't be for the lack of trying I can assure you but the track in Bydgoszcz is almost freakish and it just needed bringing to life. That won't always be the case but it does underline how good speedway can be when the top performers have the perfect stage on which to strut their stuff.

The final 3 rounds will suit Gollob's style, so if he is to have a dip in form he needs to have it around Cardiff really. He could afford to have a bad round there and possibly at Copenhagen, but judging by the style of tracks he could come on strong in the final 3 rounds to pinch the title. I'd much rather another young'un wins as this keeps things interesting but either way, we're still in for a top season of GP racing

Cracking meeting...If anyone is questioning KK's form and the Poole connection, last night will tell you different!

Why has he got Ted Midgely in his pit crew? Even Bomber got rid of him..................................

bombers lunatic mrs gets rid of every body not bomber yet.but it will come

Certainly a brilliant GP , a true pleasure to watch.

Lets hope all the tracks for 2013 are roughed up a bit, and not slick gaters paradises.

Well done Tai I admit I was a doubter and you really are proving me wrong.

I was there Saturday night and have to say what an awesome night it was great racing on a great race track best GP I've been to in a long time . It just goes to show what good racing there can be in the GP series when the riders are given a stage to preform on like Bydgoszcz track .

On the flip side the stadium needs massive investment if they are going to keep a GP in Bydgoszcz there are far far better stadiums in Poland than Bydgoszcz but the track is second to none that for me is the most important thing I,m not so sure if IMG /BSI or Monster will see things that way though .

Also on the flight home I was chatting to a Pole who lives in London but who's family live Bydgoszcz he was telling me this GP is so very important for the city the amount of business this weekend it has bought into the city is vital he told me ,but he did agree the stadium needs massive work .

I really hope we are back there in 2014 for a GP

Couldn't agree more with you Haza.A weekend to remember in Bydgoszcz(and then Torun on Sunday evening too). ;)