British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Play-off Final & 3rd Place On Tv Sunday 22nd September

I can see both sides of the coin here. That Torun should have been allowed to find a replacement for Gollob or R/R and such things.

On the other hand you just can't postpone meetings because one of the teams have several injuries.

The big scandal is they knew the situation last night and let all the fans travel to the stadium.Speedway is a joke in practically every country it is run.For me it is getting to be time to turn my back on the sport.Maybe i will go to a meeting in future and maybe i won't.And the thing is i could get into most meetings for nothing!!!!That is how bad i feel at the moment about the past year or two

• Like 1

Well at least Polish speedway has gone to a new low even below that of our EL imagine if this had happened here

• Like 1

And people moan about UK speedway .

• Like 2

Come on Speedway TV lets at least have a commentary of events. I'm just watching a screen with no sound.

I wonder how many Speedway TV subscribers will be demanding a refund??!! For info, the GoSpeed rep will probably be in attendance at the Abbey Stadium, Blunsdon, Swindon on Monday evening! :P

Edited by Skidder1

Well at least Polish speedway has gone to a new low even below that of our EL imagine if this had happened here

Yes but our season isn't over yet.

in polish league most owners and co owners are shady characters who became rich fast due to collapse on communism type in your search engine name Jacek Debski who was minister of sports in Poland in 90's and read his bio and what happened to him on wikipedia and there are tons of people like that in sports in Poland.

You could be describing British speedway also Pawel, we have plenty of our own shady characters.

I suspect that our UK lot are bunny-rabbits compared to the Poles. ;)

Edited by lastword

What happened to 'Going down to defeat with honour"? Torun, the Sonny Liston of speedway, quitting on your stool.

Well guy this season in Poland ended not the way I anticipated well there is still GP left see you then

Well guy this season in Poland ended not the way I anticipated well there is still GP left see you then

Thanks for your help today Pawel in keeping us informed. Sorry it had to be this way.

Positive note. The cleanest kevlars ever at a post-meeting presentation. :lol: :t:

• Like 1

Apparently Torun had found a replacement for Gollob. The teams and the team managers wanted to ride but the owners had apparently said no.

Torun will be demoted from Ekstraliga and will be fined 3'000'000 Polish Zloty, which is about £600'000GBP.

I'll never slag the Elite League off ever again ! (well maybe) . The owners should be banned for life for ever being involved in the sport.

in polish league most owners and co owners are shady characters who became rich fast due to collapse on communism type in your search engine name Jacek Debski who was minister of sports in Poland in 90's and read his bio and what happened to him on wikipedia and there are tons of people like that in sports in Poland.

Similar story in other east European countries though.Look at the struggle Trofimov had in Ukraine and some of the things that have gone on in Russia

Disgraceful set of affairs.

With Torun using RR for Holder there was always the possibility one of their riders might have been injured whilst fulfilling some of their other riding commitments. Especially with a GP the night before! I can't believe that a contingency plan was not in place.

As Dave Rowe spoke about on SpeedwayTV, they had squad riders, so why did they not have one of these riders (Sullivan, Kennett etc) on stand by?

It appears that Torun will now have the book thrown at them and quite rightly too.

Nevertheless, it's such a shame because it will be the Torun fans that suffer.