British Speedway Forum
eM_Pe

Speedway Fans In Cambridge?

I hope this is the right place for such a topic. I'm a speedway fan from Poland currently living in Cambridge. I was wondering if there were any fans around who might occasionally have an empty seat in their cars driving to Peterborough or King's Lynn (or others) for some Elite League speedway... ;) Another nice occasion to meet would be watching SGP somewhere in town (if it's actually shown anywhere). Thanks in advance for any useful feedback!

Cambridge is Mildenhall Fen Tigers speedway territory!

Mildenhalls the nearest track to Cambridge and I know a fair sprinkling of Mildenhalls impressive crowd figures are from that neck of the woods!

Mildenhalls also the best racing in the East Anglian area and also the cheapest!

Cambridge is Mildenhall Fen Tigers speedway territory!

Mildenhalls the nearest track to Cambridge and I know a fair sprinkling of Mildenhalls impressive crowd figures are from that neck of the woods!

Mildenhalls also the best racing in the East Anglian area and also the cheapest!

When did Mildenhall go elite?

When did Mildenhall go elite?

They went up with Slough during the close season.

• Like 4

eM_Pe if you get the offer of a lift to go to Mildenhall go they may not go as fast as you are used to seeing in Poland and our EL but i can pretty much say you'll enjoy it. and i aint been to Mildenhall since tbe early 80's when they used to tonk us in their fancy dan tiger racesuits.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm still hoping for some EL/SGP "beachhead" in Cambridge but the idea of looking at Mildenhall sounds really fun. I haven't really considered National League before and indeed Leszno where I come from is a very fast track where every other week world's top riders come and do magic, but hey... I've always enjoyed visiting Rawicz which offers a short and technical track, probably as close as it gets to the British ones in Poland. It's still a bit too far for a cycle ride though so I'll keep looking for a good soul with a largish car ;) Thanks again!

Like I said before, Mildenhall speedway is the best racing in East Anglia regardless of the fact they are in the 3rd Division!

I hope this is the right place for such a topic. I'm a speedway fan from Poland currently living in Cambridge. I was wondering if there were any fans around who might occasionally have an empty seat in their cars driving to Peterborough or King's Lynn (or others) for some Elite League speedway... ;) Another nice occasion to meet would be watching SGP somewhere in town (if it's actually shown anywhere). Thanks in advance for any useful feedback!

hello another option for you if you dont have a car is to come to Rye house at 7pm on Saturdays - I know its not elite racing but it is another track you could get to from Cambridge and the station is only 2 mins walk from the stadium

Thanks startline sid, I shall have a look at Rye House too! It's indeed a pretty convenient place to get to.

• Like 1

Don't know if its any help but I travel from Ely to Lynn by car with sometimes a spare seat or two. I leave about 6:30pm on a Wednesday night and generally leave after the heat 15 mad rush has gone getting back to Ely about 1030pm

Don't know if its any help but I travel from Ely to Lynn by car with sometimes a spare seat or two. I leave about 6:30pm on a Wednesday night and generally leave after the heat 15 mad rush has gone getting back to Ely about 1030pm

A very kind offer MartinH - but - why do you start TWICE. :wink: :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

A very kind offer MartinH - but - why do you start TWICE. :wink: :wink: :rofl: :rofl:

He often gets a flyer so gets called back :D

• Like 4

He often gets a flyer so gets called back :D

Nice one Star Lady. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: