British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Newcastle - Friday, April 12th (premier Shield - First Leg) (7.30pm)

One of those nights when everything goes wrong. Can only hope they all get home with no injuries.

50-43 - Seven Points down at the end. Hopefully we can pull that back at Brough. More lovely silverware perhaps.

Yes, did well in the latter heats. Great show from young Lewis. Gives us a good chance on Sunday.

• Like 1

Yes, did well in the latter heats. Great show from young Lewis. Gives us a good chance on Sunday.

Yes Chewbacca - I should have mentioned that - a tremendous effort from Lewis. :t::approve: :approve:

Good stuff Lewi Kerr!

Very good performance from Lewis Kerr tonight. Deserved his win in Heat 14. For the Scorpions it was good to see Auty and Howe looking more like their old selves. Overall an entertaining meeting once again on a slower track than normal - but plenty of passing nonetheless.

I always keep an eye on the Scunthorpe results, and the progress of Auty does he ever gate at home much?on the updates it seems all his points are from having to continually come from the back.And how are the two young reserves looking? they both look exciting prospects for the future also tonight i was chuffed young Kerr did a great job for the Diamonds another promising youngster.

I said last Sunday that I can see Kerr pulling in a 5 point average by season end. Looks tidy.

I always keep an eye on the Scunthorpe results, and the progress of Auty does he ever gate at home much?on the updates it seems all his points are from having to continually come from the back.And how are the two young reserves looking? they both look exciting prospects for the future also tonight i was chuffed young Kerr did a great job for the Diamonds another promising youngster.

Sidney, Josh's one gate came in Heat 15 last night - the rest of it involved at least one pass per race (sometimes more, the thing about the Scunthorpe track is that it's possible for the other riders to come back past as well!!).

Lewis Kerr did put in a fabulous performance for the Diamonds last night - always great to see a young Brit starting to come of age.

As for Scunny's two reserves, Ryan Douglas looked good last night, and would have scored more but for falling in Heat 12 and damaging his wrist. Josh Bates' score last night didn't reflect the fact he wasn't far behind at all last night - it'll come soon for him.

All the best

Rob

Thanks for that lucifer Sam ,it must be exciting to watch good racing there every week.It would be a great venue for a British Final rather than the same old Wolves every year hope to get along there this year haven't been to Scunny since the big Arthur days.

Good meeting last night with some brutal first corners and top racing...

Think a fair result in the end after the diamonds made a good fight back

Good to meet up with tsunami and have proper Tory chin wag....the world is a better place for it I can tell you

Special mention to Lewis Kerr...great to see another Brit looking the part,

Should have called last night meeting Britains got talent as there was some on show

I feel sorry for Josh Auty - if he could Gate what a Rider he could be sidney. Bags of guts and good to watch. He could eventually be a GP Rider but for his Gating. :sad: :sad:

Good meeting last night with some brutal first corners and top racing...

Think a fair result in the end after the diamonds made a good fight back

Good to meet up with tsunami and have proper Tory chin wag....the world is a better place for it I can tell you

Special mention to Lewis Kerr...great to see another Brit looking the part,

Should have called last night meeting Britains got talent as there was some on show

:shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

Attending a meeting with you two is going to be a barrel full of laughs I see.

Tsunami and Montie have a chat before last nights meeting.

• Like 2

Attending a meeting with you two is going to be a barrel full of laughs I see.

Tsunami and Montie have a chat before last nights meeting.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Very good.

Echo all the above comments - it was a really entertaining meeting [my first of the year] and quite honestly you couldn't pick a winner of any heat when all four were lining up. There's the opportunity for passing all the time at EWR (I think every race had at least one until heat 12). Having said that, there does still seems to be a bias towards gate 4 & the preferred outside blast around 1+2......