British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vues National Speedway Stadium

HOW much are you prepared to wager?

You can't blame people for being cynical Phil,wasn't the new stadium supposed to hold the 2012 world cup.Even on the 11th of April this year you were championing "everything has been rubber stamped" "its all systems go".and we are now in November. Unfortunately 99.99% of us are not in 'the loop' like yourself and have to post on here to provoke the people in charge (and yourself) into volunteering any information.I know you are close to the people involved but boasting of having a stadium ready in 2012 and not having a brick laid by the start of 2014 is not worthy of your endless pats on the back for the people concerned
  • Like 1

everybody wants it to happen but some people just want to say 'told you so' if something goes wrong. Bit pathetic really

Be the same if it is build when it comes to I told you so's . A lot of people have no faith in Morton and Gordon and who can blame them with there track record .Nothing wrong in that .

I think we all just wait for a start or it's not going to happen rather there these endless there is going to good news next week, before finding out that the good news is that Gordon and co have gone on a piss up to Poland .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

You can't blame people for being cynical Phil,wasn't the new stadium supposed to hold the 2012 world cup.Even on the 11th of April this year you were championing "everything has been rubber stamped" "its all systems go".and we are now in November. Unfortunately 99.99% of us are not in 'the loop' like yourself and have to post on here to provoke the people in charge (and yourself) into volunteering any information.I know you are close to the people involved but boasting of having a stadium ready in 2012 and not having a brick laid by the start of 2014 is not worthy of your endless pats on the back for the people concerned

NOT sure I have given them endless pats on the back and I am not really in the loop either. But I do know that this whole process has had to go through so many hoops and that it has to be taken stage by stage. I am sure many would have walked away by now so, yes, one pat on the back for messrs Gordon and Morton for sticking by a complex project, that just doesn't involve a speedway stadium, and one that will be a great asset for the sport once it is completed however long it takes.

And why not, just for a second, imagine how frustrating this must be for G&M who have spent countless hours working on a dream that has yet to become a reality. It cannot have been much fun for them, throwing more and more money down the drain at the dreadful greyhound stadium when they could and should have already been living that dream.

• Like 4

Be the say if it is build when it comes to I told you so's . A lot of people have no faith in Morton and Gordon and who can blame them with there track record .Nothing wrong in that .

I think we all just wait for a start or it's not going to happen rather there these endless there is going to good news next week, before finding out that the good news is that Gordon and co have gone on a piss up to Poland .

what??

There is more chance of I'm A Celebrity's in Pyongyang than that Phil.

Mayhap it will happen mayhap it won't happen but as this has been going on since what 2010 I am long past caring to be honest :)

:rofl::rofl: I had forgotten about you you pathetic little troll. I don't know you from Adam and you don't know me but still you make assumptions based on some silly message forum.

Thanks for the compliment. :D It's you who is the pathetic critic of everything on here, from politics and anything positive in speedway. You have repeated form, so it is quite easy to make assumptions about you, that you are a negative kind with a a bit of a chip on your shoulder. The proof lies in what you write, especially in General Discussions. Try saying something or DOING something positive and folks like me would have to eat my words. Somehow can't see it happen though :nono: .

what??

Didn't invite us to the p155 up did they ch958! LOL! I too, do not really understand the post, started to, then lost the plot! LOL!

I am led to believe it goes in for planning permission before Xmas this year. There is a basketball arena as part of this as well as speedway I think.

I am led to believe it goes in for planning permission before Xmas this year. There is a basketball arena as part of this as well as speedway I think.

So what was all that back slapping about a few months back when the council give permission?

So what was all that back slapping about a few months back when the council give permission?

That the project (& associated funding proposals) had been given the green light. Hopefully further back slapping to come shortly.
  • Like 1

I HEAR that the rubber-stamping has taken place and it is all systems go. Great news for Belle Vue and speedway as a whole.

what i will say is i believe this has more credibility than Norwich....so let's all keep hoping and remain cautiously optimistic....little point in any more bric-bats until something happens..

what i will say is i believe this has more credibility than Norwich....so let's all keep hoping and remain cautiously optimistic....little point in any more bric-bats until something happens..

I DO wish you hadn't mentioned Bric[ks]. :shock: :shock: :blink:

Be the same if it is build when it comes to I told you so's . A lot of people have no faith in Morton and Gordon and who can blame them with there track record .Nothing wrong in that .

And for those of whose first language is English . . . .

what i will say is i believe this has more credibility than Norwich....

That's not saying very much for it, though, is it?

WE will revisit this post and accept your profound apology in just a few weeks. Sure, things have and still are moving slowly but that is the way bureaucracy works. This project doesn't just include a speedway stadium but a lot more. It will happen...

Well, if it doesn't go, than there is a speedway track doing nothing since the AGM that would be ideal, probably in the top five tracks in the world, and ideally situated in the middle of the country. Come on BSPA, why not try the possibilities with the owners. Would save a lot of money as well

• Like 3