British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Ipswich (premier League) - Friday, April 19th (7.30pm)

A huge win here for Scunthorpe is my prediction with Makinens 3 ride duck and most of the Witches struggling. Prove me wrong riders and I will eat humble pie willingly.

Would you like custard with that ?

• Like 2

A huge win here for Scunthorpe is my prediction with Makinens 3 ride duck and most of the Witches struggling. Prove me wrong riders and I will eat humble pie willingly.

Custard or cream with that pie?

Would you like custard with that ?

great minds and all that!
  • Like 1

Some crazy results tonight, just like last night, it's what makes it such a great league

What agreat result for the Witches!

Well done to the boys.

• Like 1

I'll have some humble pie as well please but with chocolate sauce !

But you never know , we might have even won with a no2 that's capable of scoring a few points !

He still needs to go " Big Time " and we might have a half decent season !

What agreat result for the Witches!

Well done to the boys.

All six of them :P

They must have a looked at the perfectly prepared EWR and thought, why can't the ref postpone this too?

Splendid result.

All six of them :P

They must have a looked at the perfectly prepared EWR and thought, why can't the ref postpone this too?

Splendid result.

I'll have some humble pie as well please but with chocolate sauce !

But you never know , we might have even won with a no2 that's capable of scoring a few points !

He still needs to go " Big Time " and we might have a half decent season !

I hate to keep talking about needing to axe a rider especially when we've just achieved a terrific result at a track we rarely do well on, but it's really starting to get frustrating. Just a single point would have done from him tonight. Needs to go. Other than that very encouraging start to our PL campaign. Apart from the obvious, nothing wrong with this team at all and a shoe in for a play off place if Makinen gets replaced.

Isn't that two points from 6 meetings now from Makinen? Deary me enough is enough surely Mr Louis! Even with Barker still not up to the form he's capable of that's a great result. Not many teams will pick up points there.

Edited by Catch22

Great result for the witches,shame if we had a number 2 who could score any points we would have won, but two away points is a good start to the league programme.

Does anybody know if anyone films the meetings at Scunthorpe

Didn't see that result coming. Still a good meeting though & well done to Ipswich on getting the draw. Heeps is defintiely your man of the match but all chipped in with good points with Lanham winning it at the death. The scorpions couldnt gate to save their lives for the last 7 heats (with the exception of heat 14). Makinen looked awful but Risager wasnt much better only able to beat Bates from the Scorpions.

The scorps are still not firing on all cylinders, 2 heat wins at home for Auty & Howe is not good enough but our problems are more or less coming from the reserve berth. I thought before the season started that we were going to struggle, you need one strong reserve to carry the other & take rides from riders in the main body who are having issues. To be fair Irving would have given us that & it was unexpected when he decided to call it a day. I think Bates with a 6.5 established rider would have been great & allowed Birks/Toft into the reserve position with Bates, anyway I guess Douglas has 12 meetings to shape up & start scoring or we are going to have a long old season. Bates is on the pace but it doesnt matter if you are 2m behind or 100m if you still end up 4th after the first bend and get a 0 virtually every race.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for the scorps, Ipswich looked much better this year but are not as strong as Somerset, Worky, Newcastle or Edinburgh.

Ipswich looked much better this year but are not as strong as Somerset, Worky, Newcastle or Edinburgh.

but they could be with the right change!

Ok so with a point scoring number 2 we would have won, but some people are never happy are they! :rolleyes:

Tonight Makinen was beaten away from home by Auty, Howe, Birks and Palm Toft. He then fell in his last heat adding Jorgensen and Bates to the list. Fall though came at a time when Scunthorpe were in a 5-1, but Barker made it a 3-3 in the rerun. So could say he contributed to the 2 points! ;)

However just from the Jackal i'll look at Risager's night too. He "beat" Tungate in his 1st heat when teammate retired. And then beat Bates twice for 3-3's.Ok he scored 4 points but beat a 3 point "NL" rider, something that Makinen should and maybe could given the chance......

Up the Witches!