British Speedway Forum
luluthetiger

Berwick V Newcastle - Live On Sky - May 21st

Yip,,, really pleased with the Diamonds win, after not being too optimistic. Got to sample one ov those anticipated burgers, (was ok), but the pies were summit else, mmm. If it was a choice between 2 pies or a burger, I would have to remain undecided and have them all,,, I have never seen a Newcastle win at Berwick, so that was a first aswell,,, shame about the 'Starkey' incident, but it does happen, n maybe it worked in Newcastle's favour,,, anyway, only Paul really knows what went on, and as he does sometimes pop up on here, maybe he could shed some light on the incident, cos I did'nt really see it happen, I was watching for Robbo n Kozza coming to grief,,, one crytisym ov the Newcastle management would be leaving Christian at No. 3, leaving us wide open in heat 14 for a smacking, but luckily Lewis guarunteed us at least a draw,,, well done all :-)

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's meeting , great track and some cracking racing . It was nip and tuck with Berwick just edging it until Paul Starke's unpleasant actions . There's nothing worse in annoying your average speedway fan than what Starke did last night , but as it turned out his actions only seemed to fire up the Diamonds even more and they ran out comfortable winners .

I honestly didn't mind who won the meeting until that incident , then i was all for the visitors . Just as baffling was the apparent disappearance of Eddie Kennett in the two races the Bandits were depending on him the most .

Still despite the contraversy it was a terrific meeting and another triumph for the Premier League .

• Like 2

not critical of anything apart from Starke, and your justifying of it, Berwick put on a superb show as all ready stated, it's not fickle it's fact. You have to grow a pair and take both praise and criticism in they same way. :)

I take criticism.

What I do is enter into a discussion, for around 20 minutes, then we decide I was right.

Gamesmanship versus cheating as a recent example.

:P

I take criticism.

What I do is enter into a discussion, for around 20 minutes, then we decide I was right.

Gamesmanship versus cheating as a recent example.

:P

boll%ck$ :)
  • Like 1

Newcastle and Ludvig Lindgren will both have been fined, probably quite stiffly, by the BSPA.

Last Friday Nicolai Klindt guested in place of Jason Doyle for Somerset . The reason being that Doyle was down to ride for Birmingham and the Somerset meeting was a rearranged fixture .

Last night Lindgren was down to ride for his Swedish club as the Newcastle meeting was a rearranged fixture .

Explain to me the difference between these two cases and why you think Lindgren and Newcastle should be fined ?

Last Friday Nicolai Klindt guested in place of Jason Doyle for Somerset . The reason being that Doyle was down to ride for Birmingham and the Somerset meeting was a rearranged fixture .

Last night Lindgren was down to ride for his Swedish club as the Newcastle meeting was a rearranged fixture .

Explain to me the difference between these two cases and why you think Lindgren and Newcastle should be fined ?

I didn't say I thought they should be fined. I said they would have been fined. It is mandatory. (Rule 18.1.2.5)

I didn't say I thought they should be fined. I said they would have been fined. It is mandatory. (Rule 18.1.2.5)

Pity you missed out the word 'illegally under-strength'. Now back to the praise for Berwick rather than your posturing.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

First of all well done to the Diamonds on their win. It seems its back to square one for the Bandits as their inability to make a decent start proved to be their Achilles heal yet again , saying that despite the result I enjoyed the match there was enough decent action and controversy to keep everyone happy. I've just watched it back on Sky + and thought it came over well plenty of positive comments from Nigel lets hope the Sky cameras remember to come back , Finally a massive well done to all involved for putting on a great show :t:

Edited by millen
  • Like 2

At the end of the meeting Nigel was asked what he thought of the meeting: "Cracking speedway!" was his reply.

He came across as a really, really decent guy in person too, and was spending time having photos taken and talking to some kids as we left.

If only everyone were as positive as he is about speedway...

:approve:

• Like 6

I have always enjoyed my trips up to watch the speedway at Berwick, the racing is usually very good and standing by the fence on the back straight you really get to experience the speed of the bikes.

Last night didn't dissapoint, well done to both teams for some great racing.

• Like 1

So whos going to drop Lindgren, Wolves or Newcastle?

17.7.1 An initial declaration can include only 2 Riders graded as “A” on the Listing approved at the EL AGM. In an initial or re-declaration up to 3 Doubling-Up Riders may be included who must at the time of (re)declaration: a) be in a Premier League’s currently Declared 1 – 7, B) have a PL MA established prior to the start of the season and c) give absolute priority to all British Speedway fixtures.
So now he's not given British Speedway priority, he cannot double up. Seeing as he rode for Wolves tonight I can only assume Newcastle are looking for a new rider. Or are we going to ignore a rule again because we don't like it?

So now he's not given British Speedway priority, he cannot double up. Seeing as he rode for Wolves tonight I can only assume Newcastle are looking for a new rider. Or are we going to ignore a rule again because we don't like it?

Lindgren's absenteeism and Paul Starke's ungentlemanly conduct have been dealt with. Starke was fined £100, and both Ludvig and the Newcastle promotion have each have fines, in both cases greater than that handed to Starke for his misdemeanour, imposed on them. Cases closed.

Now for goodness sake, can we look on the bright side. Berwick put on a great show, Newcastle had a great win and Sky presented a fine, entertaining programme.

Just for once speedway was a big winner, and to have nit-picking over two small blots on a much-larger landscape is a sad reflection on the way some of us go on.

Lighten up! Be happy!

• Like 7

As a neutral watching on TV. I enjoyed the meeting.

Track looked ok and different.

Teams trying

Erratic performances (Wins then 3rds 4ths?!)

Professional fouls (Pantomime villains boooo hissss) If you are going to stay down at least make it look good!!!!!!!!!

Some good races by a fair few riders. A few elbows flying

Kennett did seem to dissapear when he was needed

Realy great to see a CROWD with some enthusiasm who were getting into the moment!

Well done all a decent advert for Speedway.

M

• Like 3

It was great being there and I'm pleased the good atmosphere came over on tv.

Great to see lads trying to hold their line when being pushed hard. Elbows are a much underused part of speedway these days.

• Like 2

Just bin all these silly D/U rules that the Elite league seem to want 7 riders in the team from start of season and get on with it.Dont sign riders that will be missing half the season fans want to see THEIR riders every week.
  • Like 3