British Speedway Forum
luluthetiger

Berwick V Newcastle - Live On Sky - May 21st

the rained helped I think paticularly with the leicester meeting

I agree, rain helps all tracks, provided it is not too heavy and is prior to the meeting.

I agree, rain helps all tracks, provided it is not too heavy and is prior to the meeting.

Ian Rae once told me heavy rain the day before a meeting but NOT on the day of the meeting helps the track preperation enormously.

Ian Rae once told me heavy rain the day before a meeting but NOT on the day of the meeting helps the track preperation enormously.

That tells me that the track should be heavily watered the day before the meeting if the forecast allows ,don't know if this is what happens normally,A fairly well watered track always produces good racing after the first few heatsI IMO .

Whether its been by luck nor design or a bit of both,theres certainly been an improvement in the racing over the last 2 home meetings,hopefully the Ipswich meeting will be a continuation of the same.If we cast our minds back to last years visit of the Witches,the track was ultra slick and they handed out a lesson in gating,and gave the home side a servere beaten.

• Like 1

Whether its been by luck nor design or a bit of both,theres certainly been an improvement in the racing over the last 2 home meetings,hopefully the Ipswich meeting will be a continuation of the same.If we cast our minds back to last years visit of the Witches,the track was ultra slick and they handed out a lesson in gating,and gave the home side a servere beaten.

Could be the NEW Tractors........................................ :wink::t::approve: :approve:

That would make sense.

With regard to the two most recent meetings, someone told me new material that had been added a few weeks back had started to get mixed through and was adding more grip on the inside.

I have no idea if there is any truth in that.

The racing was certainly miles better in those two meetings, and very entertaining.

That would make sense.

With regard to the two most recent meetings, someone told me new material that had been added a few weeks back had started to get mixed through and was adding more grip on the inside.

I have no idea if there is any truth in that.

The racing was certainly miles better in those two meetings, and very entertaining.

??? Anyone who hugged the inside in this match was passed with ease, don't you mean outside??

That tells me that the track should be heavily watered the day before the meeting if the forecast allows ,don't know if this is what happens normally,A fairly well watered track always produces good racing after the first few heatsI IMO .

If there is no rain forecast the track is flooded on the friday night and always has been

If there is no rain forecast the track is flooded on the friday night and always has been

even on the morning of the match vs rye house a few year ago.... Ala Belle Vue :)

What? - TWICE!! :wink:

Perhaps that's the problem. :t::rofl:

Edited by The White Knight

Just back from holiday and been reading the speedway star. :cheers:

What was the difference between Andrew Tully and Przemyslaw Pawlicki. Newcastle seem to have received a facility for one rider and Poole seem to have missed out with the other.

Thanks in advance for explaining the rules. :icon_smile_clown: