British Speedway Forum
Animal

Rosco Joins The Aussies!

I'm stunned to read that Rosco has been appointed the Australian U21 Team Manager!

In my view Rosco is the best Team Manger in the country, his passion for the sport and how he gets the best out of his riders is second to none. I cannot believe that the BSPA have allowed this to happen. How long will it be until he is managing the full Aussie team?

I'm stunned to read that Rosco has been appointed the Australian U21 Team Manager!

In my view Rosco is the best Team Manger in the country, his passion for the sport and how he gets the best out of his riders is second to none. I cannot believe that the BSPA have allowed this to happen. How long will it be until he is managing the full Aussie team?

WOW!! :shock: :shock:

That's a bit of a shaker. :blink:

Can't believe you guys are making a big thing.... Rosco is a clever bloke and he knows that he can't do anything with Team GB... If he does manage Team Australia then that's not exactly a tough task as they have a strong side.

Doesn't matter if we have Jesus in charge of Team GB; We won't get anywhere.

But I don't see much difference in the talent between Australia and Team GB, Are the likes of Nick Morris ,Sam Masters, Dakota North and Alex Davies anywhere near the likes of Craig Cook, Richie Worrall, Richard Lawson and Josh Auty?

I doubt it... Ward and Holder are good but Harris seems to turn into a decent rider in SWC events and Woffinden's ever improving, Not much to split them in my opinion.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Fan Club
  • Like 2

Rosco has been asked to step in for this meeting by Mark Lemon, who is unable to manage the Australian under 21 team for the World Cup Qualifier on April 28th.

This is a good choice as he can motivate riders, it is just a pity that the BSPA have not used his skills in the same way.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Rosco has been asked to step in for this meeting by Mark Lemon, who is unable to manage the Australian under 21 team for the World Cup Qualifier on April 28th.

This is a good choice as he can motivate riders, it is just a pity that the BSPA have not used his skills in the same way.

Well lets face it, he is not going to get the Team GB post is he!!! ;)

Well lets face it, he is not going to get the Team GB post is he!!! ;)

no, even though he's the best option.... The Brian Clough of speedway!!
  • Like 5

no, even though he's the best option.... The Brian Clough of speedway!!

Crikey!!! A former Sunderland Player Arson. :shock::blink:

Actually Travis McGowan had first been named as the stand-in team manager of Australia U21 for this meeting in Germany next week. Rossiter will take up this job now. I doubt that even Rosco can make the Aussies strong enough to beat Anders Secher's Danish quartet of Jepsen Jensen, Michelsen, Porsing and Bech on this occasion.

Actually Travis McGowan had first been named as the stand-in team manager of Australia U21 for this meeting in Germany next week. Rossiter will take up this job now. I doubt that even Rosco can make the Aussies strong enough to beat Anders Secher's Danish quartet of Jepsen Jensen, Michelsen, Porsing and Bech on this occasion.

That Danish U21 side would beat Team GB's full side.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter if we have Jesus in charge of Team GB; We won't get anywhere.

This is true.

He may be able to walk on water and has experience of bringing the dead back to life but even he would baulk at trying to transform Team GB into a decent speedway outfit capable of actually challenging for the WTC.

Also working with the BSPA would probably be worse than being nailed to a plank of wood although his dad did have some experience with snakes which he might be able to pass on.

More great work from the mighty one I remember, Fosters always being a big seller in his bar .

Rosco's only chance is if Secher can't make it and Middlo steps in !!!

• Like 1

Orlovski, the reason Rosco hasn't held the GB Managers job in the past, is because he used to be a bit of an embarrassment and made a complete twit of himself on TV on occasions.

His move to Coventry gave him a broader experience, better knowledge of tactics and more awareness. There is no doubt he has an eye for a rider with ability and knows how to build teams, he built at least two potential title winning teams at Swindon before he switched to the Bees. Winning the title with Coventry firstly gave him more confidence and self belief. Returning to Bluunsdon and winning it again has made speedway people sit up and take notice of what he has to say.

Thankfully nowadays he seems to engage brain in gear before he opens his mouth. ;)

Orlovski, the reason Rosco hasn't held the GB Managers job in the past, is because he used to be a bit of an embarrassment and made a complete twit of himself on TV on occasions.

...and Middlo doesn't?

Never mind. Next time one of the Team GB riders cocks up I'm sure that Middlo will justify it by telling us that "it's what all youngsters do these days"... :blink:

• Like 1