British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 29/4/2013

2010 - Birmingham were going through an unbeatable run, and the once mighty Kings Lynn were on a wobble (even at full strength)...so... "as luck would have it" it was discovered 5 days before the KL v Brummies fixture that the Norfolk Arena floodlights had had a control panel failure! And because it was such an old and obsolescent piece of kit, to get the spare parts and an electrician with the appropriate skills would take at least 6 days. Just like you knew it would, eh? Only those who were born yesterday bought into the story, but of course, in the absence of proof to the contrary, they got off scot free.

Sorry I ask what they got found guilty of ? it's a simple question .

The sport will never move on until you get an independent governing body with a robust code of conduct and rulebook. The promoters who have a vested interest should not be allowed to self govern IMHO.

But why didn't he show a photo of the part of the track that was causing the problem ie coming of 2nd bend on back straight.

https://twitter.com/...9467520/photo/1

Tungate already mentioned that the second bend was drying out...

I wholeheartedly agree, Hyderd. These comments are sounding increasingly like a main article in one of the red top daily newspapers.

Whilst having great sympathy for the Poole fans who travelled to Manchester, I feel it would be better to abstain from further comment until the Control Bureau issue an official statement.

Just admit BV are in the wrong, you don't have to agree with everything they do...

That 'apology' is more of a farce than the call off itself. It says absolutely nothing!

It's just to get out of a punishment. They are only sorry that they got caught out IMO.

Wow so they admitted they cheated ..how on earth can these people be allowed to stay in the sport ? it's not just error of judgement they have gone to the trouble of pouring water on the track to back there story up and lied to everyone ...only in speedway would they not be faceing long bans ....how can anyone trust these guys ever again ?

they are speedway promoters, of course you can..

no promoter has ever manipulated a situation, rule or incident to suit their own means in the history of the sport...

let alone ever knowingly taken the p1ss out of an ever decreasing level of loyal fans... ;)

saints every one of them, we are so lucky to have so many of them.... :rofl:

(bloody typical that the one night you need a downpour in manchester it stays sunny all day)!!! :D

if the aces are to get some sanction (and deserved too if found guilty of any offence) then maybe some other recent and not so recent 'strange' call offs should be retrospectively followed up? :o

• Like 2

Sorry I ask what they got found guilty of ? it's a simple question .

Nothing of course, doesn't mean it didn't happen though, which I think is UKM's point. It would hardly be a surprise to any of us if there's no sanction to Belle Vue either. It's perfectly believable that there'll be some sort of SCB statement muttering about 'lack of evidence' and that'll be the end of that.

Nothing of course, doesn't mean it didn't happen though, which I think is UKM's point. It would hardly be a surprise to any of us if there's no sanction to Belle Vue either. It's perfectly believable that there'll be some sort of SCB statement muttering about 'lack of evidence' and that'll be the end of that.

Exactly. As I said somewhere else. Get rid of everyone unfit to run the sport and you won't have a sport left at all.

no promoter has ever manipulated a situation, rule or incident to suit their own means in the history of the sport...

let alone ever knowingly taken the p1ss out of an ever decreasing level of loyal fans... ;)

As I said before unless your found guilty of what you said it means nothing ...it's one thing saying someone done something and another being caught .

I am sure loads of runners were taking drugs in the late 80's but Ben Johnson got caught ...I doubt if they said that's ok ben I am sure others are taken as them well . it not what you do it's what you get caught for and Belle Vue got caught

Bell Vue have apologized for what went happened on Monday here is the link

http://www.speedwayg...hp?extend.20063

They might have apologized for what they done and admitted they were wrong but it doesn't change things.

Shocking.

I hope ALL called off meetings have an independent review on the day as well. This isn't the only track that is culpable of iffy call offs.

But the Aces are banged to rights. What will the penalty be? There HAS to be a penalty surely?

saints every one of them, we are so lucky to have so many of them.... :rofl:

(bloody typical that the one night you need a downpour in manchester it stays sunny all day)!!! :D

if the aces are to get some sanction (and deserved too if found guilty of any offence ) then maybe some other recent and not so recent 'strange' call offs should be retrospectively followed up? :o

I think you mean WHEN - because they have confessed! :wink:

Of course it might of happened but it's only a might ...but unless you found guilty of the offence then your not going to get punish ..i expect you won't be far off with the last part of your statement .

It's amazing what speedway fans peoples attitude to cheating is ...someones done it before so it's ok ,no wonder the sport in the state it's in .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

I think you mean WHEN - because they have confessed! :wink:

Confessed?

The way I read it is that they panicked after discovering the "leak" and postponed. They will admit to acting in haste, but on reflection made the wrong call.

I'm sure they will admit to making a genuine mistake.

All the other elements that point to skulduggery are purely coincidental.

It's speedway and a complete circus, never been any different.

Confessed?

The way I read it is that they panicked after discovering the "leak" and postponed. They will admit to acting in haste, but on reflection made the wrong call.

I'm sure they will admit to making a genuine mistake.

All the other elements that point to skulduggery are purely coincidental.

It's speedway and a complete circus, never been any different.

Hahaha. Yeah right!! That's why there had to be an investigation before they said anything.

All we want is a free Jason Lyons keyring and that should ease the anger.

..... when did he get put away?

Rohan Tungate was there early afternoon!!!

..........don't blame him he cant see over the handlebars how on earth is he going to get a picture over the fence?
  • Like 1

Hahaha. Yeah right!! That's why there had to be an investigation before they said anything.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, B Vue have admitted to calling the meeting off when perhaps they could of got it on, nothing else. Lets see what the SCB uncover, if anything then as I said earlier if we cheated we need to man up and accept the consequences.

• Like 2

Given today's statement from Belle Vue admitting an "error of judgement" made in the "heat of the moment", how do you think the average council tax payer of Manchester is going to feel about letting those same folk be the ones responsible for starting to pay back over £4million during the initial 60 years of use of the new stadium - you wouldn't let the current regime run a bath, never mind a multi-million pound project !!

• Like 6