British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boobs

Berwick V Workington 04/05

Edberg did his job as a reserve so he isnt the issue with regards tonight result! His race keeping howarth at the back was way above his role as reserve!!!!! Good lad :)

He's got a lot of jobs up there at Berwick tho,which one did he do well??

First of all Well Done Workington, deserved victory last night. Lawson, Harrison, Tabaka and to a lesser extent Howarth all rode superbly. Best I've ever seen Richard Lawson ride, Elite League racing experience showing with some very determined 1st bends. Harrison showing his years of experience in heat 15 to seal the win for Workington. As for Berwick, Kozza take a bow, was tremendous last night, backed up by David and Matty. I've yet to be convinced about the home form of Robin and Alex lack of form has been well documented. I think Nicki should've been in place of Alex in heat14 and couldn't understand the decision at the time.

Came away from last nights meeting feeling massively dejected at yet another home defeat despite the racing being better. Yes plenty to be happy about at Berwick Speedway, we've never had things so good but for me the most important factor is the racing and a home win

Came away from last nights meeting feeling massively dejected at yet another home defeat despite the racing being better. Yes plenty to be happy about at Berwick Speedway, we've never had things so good but for me the most important factor is the racing and a home win

Feeling your pain,improvements need to be made before this season disappears.

Yes plenty to be happy about at Berwick Speedway, we've never had things so good

Really?

Edberg did his job as a reserve so he isnt the issue with regards tonight result! His race keeping howarth at the back was way above his role as reserve!!!!! Good lad :)

What about his two last places , was that doing his job ?,his last place in heat14 , a heat he shouldn't have been in in my opinion went a long was to costing us the match Edited by millen
  • Like 1

Really?

Yes. From the track improvements to the signing of top quality riders ie Ashworth, Alden, Complin. To staging FIM meetings. The promotional team have improved lots of aspects in a short few years.

I feel a wee bit sorry for Berwick they have improved their lot off track no end.

They've also acquired one or two decent riders along the way.

Last night seems to have swung on the battle of the guests.

Worky have done very well over the last couple of matches by employing Cookie, Dyer and Wee Joe Tabaka. With these guys effectively giving match winning performances.

IMO Berwick are missing the scoring of an in form Ashworth (certainly at home).

Berwick tried using R/R for Ricky which wasn't quite doing it (certainly against Edinburgh) and last night they turned to a guest rider who appears to have had an off night.

At the start of the season many were predicting a high league finish for Berwick so have all the reasons for this optimism dissipated?

• Like 3

Lawson back in the team doing the biz chuffed for him and of course the Comets win!

Another big TEAM performance from our lads

Edited by stoneylegend
  • Like 1

What about his two last places , was that doing his job ?,his last place in heat14 , a heat he shouldn't have been in in my opinion went a long was to costing us the match

Nick Morris being last in two heats lost the match for you, oh and the basic fact that workington are a stronger all round team! Deal with it

• Like 1

If I were to go to my work and not perform to the best of my ability, there would be consequences. In a results driven business such as speedway, these consequences need to be swift and decisive. I look forward to seeing how the underperforming members of the team are dealt with.

If we are struggling to gate, why is the whole team not out after the meeting getting some practice instead of bouncing around the centre green.

The same excuses get rolled out every week that issues are getting dealt with. Shame there will be an ever decreasing number of people there to see if this is really the case.

As for team changes, what average is M.Tressarieu available on?

• Like 5

This was always going to happen with Robin. It was clear at the start of the season the team he wanted to ride for but he couldn't be fitted into their team plans and had to settle for 'second best'. This was always going to happen.

If I were to go to my work and not perform to the best of my ability, there would be consequences. In a results driven business such as speedway, these consequences need to be swift and decisive. I look forward to seeing how the underperforming members of the team are dealt with.

If we are struggling to gate, why is the whole team not out after the meeting getting some practice instead of bouncing around the centre green.

The same excuses get rolled out every week that issues are getting dealt with. Shame there will be an ever decreasing number of people there to see if this is really the case.

As for team changes, what average is M.Tressarieu available on?

A couple of them will be told they have to better.AGAIN.

Has anyone heard in the last couple of weeks about a new owner/ director coming in next year ? or is it people making things up ?

Yes. From the track improvements to the signing of top quality riders ie Ashworth, Alden, Complin. To staging FIM meetings. The promotional team have improved lots of aspects in a short few years.

Oh come on! The track improvements have only helped the visiting sides. Berwick used to be a place that other teams feared going to, now they're rubbing their hands together.

Are you honestly telling me these are better times than 2005, when you were unbeatable at home and won a fair few away?

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

The job of risking his life for all you ungrateful c*nts on here

Oh dear Oh dear. :lol: :lol: