British Speedway Forum
emilali

Berwick Make Changes

Berwick replace Ashworth and Edberg with Eddie Kennet and Paul Starke. Fair play to the promotion on this one, certainly putting there money where there mouth is as I cant imagine Kennet is a cheap option. Starke seemed to do quite well for Newcastle last season and surely will do better than the hopeless moaning Edberg. Really hope these signings can turn around our faltering season, good luck to the new guys.

• Like 1

Kennett could be a helluva signing and will do at least as well as Ashworth,and Starke has asked many times on here for a chance at PL level and Berwick have given him that,its up to him now to take it.Did a decent job at Newcastle towards the end of last season,anything like that and he will do ok.

Ive been critical of the promotion for not acting quicly enough in making changes,thats certainly not the case here,I hope the changes work out for them.

• Like 2

Hats off to the promtion 2 positive moves, hopefully people come back and get things back on track

• Like 3

Didn't see that one coming!! Kennett is a brilliant signing and could be challenging Cook for the top PL rider. The Bandits promotion should be applauded for taking a risk, because that's what it is. Kennett won't be coming cheap. Paul Starke (another ex Rocket), didn't do too badly when with us.

Question now is, what happens with the race suits and bonus point money?

• Like 1

Quality signing in Ed Kennett. I haven't seen enough of Paul Starke to judge but glad the chap has been given a chance at PL level.

Good luck to the promotion.

Kennett to Berwick is coup of the season no doubt!

As for Starke he gives his all every race, was decent when he was a Rocket, was unlucky not to come back to Rye in honesty. Went downhill the last couple of seasons but finished last year and has started this very well which is good to see as he is a likeable lad. Riding well for Dudley will certainly boost his confidence, could be a trump card at reserve for the Bandits.

I have read on here how a few Bandits fans were wanting a change & asking who was available?

I don't think anyone would have guessed at them signing Kennett!

Good luck to both of the new signings & well done on the promotion.

Hope the extra costs will be offset by an increase in attendances?

Looking forward to the Sky meeting :)

• Like 2

Well done to the Berwick promotion, that is one hell of signing. Lets hope the Berwick supporters respond by getting behind their team.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Where does that leave Ashworth?

Shame for the lad but can understand why Berwick have made the move.

I suspect that when he is fully fit a place may open up back at Sheffield

• Like 1

Good signing for the Bandits and a surprising one at that with Kennett and the reserve coming in it may just give the other guys a boost too.

Did not know that Ricky Ashworth's injury was that bad, get well soon.

I don't think anyone would have guessed at them signing Kennett!

Good luck to both of the new signings & well done on the promotion.

Hope the extra costs will be offset by an increase in attendances?

Looking forward to the Sky meeting :)

Let's be honest, nobody knows who gets paid what. Everyone on here thinks they know, but...

It is surely possible the New Holland Agriculture people (and that is one hell of a big multi-national organisation) have spilled what would be a miniscule drop in their ocean to help any extra expenditure.

As well as being smart promoters, Berwick have always been very clear about working within a planned budget, so any big pay-out might be funded by the sponsors.

Edited by luluthetiger
  • Like 2

Well done the Promotion, seeing the problem and addressing it, maybe not straight away but sometime these things take time to sort through. Should be entertaining to see Eddie go round Berwick. Hopefully pick up some away points as well.

Hope Paul goes well.

Get well soon Ricky.

Exciting times for Berwick fans, they should be thrilled with these signings.

Kennett is averaging over 9 in the EL with bonus points, he's a stupid (in a good way) PL signing! I can only assume that Ricky is going to be out for a while though.

FAO - luluthetiger - I am not one of those smart ass know it all forum members & so therefore I wasn't for one minute saying I was in the know about who gets paid what & I certainly don't want to get into a debate about it. The "extra" costs I had in mind were travelling & increased points money due to - with all due respect to Ashworth - more points scored home & away.

Is there not a rule about doubling up and having an average over 6 in the EL??? or something like that

Good signing by Berwick as he is riding well at the moment but i don't see why he would want to double down unless he is getting paid stupid amount of money.

• Like 1