British Speedway Forum

It isn't a hard track for non gaters to race on at all, you are incorrect. It's a hard track for unskilled riders to ride on would be more accurate.

• Like 2

It isn't a hard track for non gaters to race on at all, you are incorrect. It's a hard track for unskilled riders to ride on would be more accurate.

I have seen very good speedway riders struggle around Wolves.!

Non gaters at Wolves have absolute zilch chance of winning,don't get me wrong it is a ok track.But

Peterborough,Somerset,Scunthorpe,King,s Lynn,Sheffield, Swindon are all better racetracks no doubt about it plus sharing it around would be better because to be honest the meeting has gone stale at that venue.

I think Dave Minall,s point is spot on to be honest.

of course non gaters can win what a daft comment! Woffy Nicholls and Kennett all passed people! If they did that at Lynn everyone would be raving! How good would it be to watch Tai thrash people at Lynn! There is more skill passing someone at wolves then just blasting round the boards at Lynn! Edited by Gavan

Bwitcher, you make a good point about Bomber and Nicholls. I'd still like to see it moved around a bit if other tracks want it. Thats all from me here guys as I'm not interested in another big track v small track feud :)

• Like 2

Its a daft feud, it's all speedway! As you say, key thing is if other tracks want it.

MOST custom built tracks in Europe are not 'tight technical' tracks, they are big fast circuits, that tells you everything. WTC meetings have been held at Lynn and Pboro for one simple reason, they are more exciting. Nothing against Wolves having the Final, but maybe it would be good to share it around so that more fans can witness the National Championship.

Think the meeting will still be held at Monmore,until the new national stadium is built at Manchester.Anyway,wasnt it mentioned a couple of seasons ago that Sky prefered it to be at Wolves,because there have been few televised matches there that wernt entertaining.(OK,last night was nothing special).

As for not being easy to ride(watched the re-run later)didnt Cookie say just the opposite.That it was very easy to ride.

I believe totally that it should be shared around. The top boys would have cracking races anywhere its about the quality! Coventry isn't exactly a superb exciting track but I've seen some amazing British finals there when you had at least 8 guys who could win it. I've seen boring meetings at all tracks fast and technical. Trouble is the only good races at a British final now is if it involves tai or Scott or Harris. If it was held at kings Lynn or Peterborough you would have had riders like Haines and Birks and Wright miles behind and the racing would have been processional. Tai is head an shoulders above the rest at the moment and I think the fact that it was at wolves meant Scott and bomber had a chance to be honest. As good as cook and worrall are they will probably never be gp riders in my opinion.

I THINK you also have to look at the geography. Wolverhampton is centrally placed and that must be a consideration for the fans surely?

Since when did the BSPA do anything to consider the fans?

I THINK you also have to look at the geography. Wolverhampton is centrally placed and that must be a consideration for the fans surely?

Oh don't start that Rubbish again Phil. You'l have the Coventry fans barking from Coventry to Somerset...

Rosco im STILL ;) waiting for heats 23 and 24 to start!!! :lol: ,whens it happening?

Good old Rosco, always looking for a Larf... :rofl:

Anyway,wasnt it mentioned a couple of seasons ago that Sky prefered it to be at Wolves,because there have been few televised matches there that wernt entertaining.(OK,last night was nothing special).

That can't be true as Wolves are classic "curse of Sky" sufferers whereby every match is great until Sky show up.

As good as cook and worrall are they will probably never be gp riders in my opinion.

They might get nominated. That's all it takes now.

Edited by ouch

Scott should be at cardff came 2nd in the race that counts........Well done Tai Fully deserved the Title.....

Why should Scott be at Cardiff? The race that counted? There wasn't one in case you missed it.

deserved because he came 2nd to Tai.... End of.

As above, there was no such thing.

As i said, if people are going to bang on about 2nd place getting the wild card slot, I'll bang on about Bomber being cheated out of 2nd place as he was 2nd highest scorer.

Why should Scott be at Cardiff? The race that counted? There wasn't one in case you missed it.

As i said, if people are going to bang on about 2nd place getting the wild card slot, I'll bang on about Bomber being cheated out of 2nd place as he was 2nd highest scorer.

always been the case for the last few years and it should have stayed the same! Scott can feel aggrieved that bomber threw his toys out if the pram. You are in a minority of 1 who think Harris should be there!

Because he was second to Tai, simple as..

you would..... But second top scorer hasn't meant a thing for many a year and surely, not even you can argue that bomber has had his day and umpteen chances. Or......are.........

You just attention seeking as per?? :)

• Like 2