British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Danish Championship Finals 2013

I remember from last year that the point scoring rules were different from event 1 and 2.

In event 1 the points from the finals didn't count towards the title fight while the points from the event 2 finals did count towards the title fight,

Nicki won the first event but didn't get any extra points, Iversen won event 2 and won the title thanks to the fact that Nicki's extra points was not included,

I can't understand why an official federation championship would have such a set of stupid rules? :rolleyes: (No offence to Danish Webmaster),

On the other hand we have tactical substitutes and jokers in speedway so perhaps one should not be surprised.

I remember from last year that the point scoring rules were different from event 1 and 2.

In event 1 the points from the finals didn't count towards the title fight while the points from the event 2 finals did count towards the title fight,

Nicki won the first event but didn't get any extra points, Iversen won event 2 and won the title thanks to the fact that Nicki's extra points was not included,

I can't understand why an official federation championship would have such a set of stupid rules? :rolleyes: (No offence to Danish Webmaster),

On the other hand we have tactical substitutes and jokers in speedway so perhaps one should not be surprised.

Ok i had a very late night with late callers therefore my brain has not properly kicked into gear yet so forgive me if i'm reading your post wrong or missing your point but......last year's format is also this year's format. Not sure if you are suggesting that it is different this year? Do i need go get another cup of coffee? lol.

Meeting formats: (according to the Google Translated regulations ahead of the first final and DW confirmed what i said below was correct)

Final 1. 20 heats followed by a final heat 21 consisting of the top four scorers. On the day of the first final it only serves for deciding prize money.

Final 2. 20 heats followed by a final heat 21 consisting of the top four scorers over BOTH finals. The points in this race are added to the rider's

totals over the two meetings.

To summarize the championship is decided by points scored in three sections

Heats 1-20 of final 1.

Heats 1-20 of final 2.

Heat 21 of final 2.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Ok i had a very late night with late callers therefore my brain has not properly kicked into gear yet so forgive me if i'm reading your post wrong or missing your point but......last year's format is also this year's format.

Not sure if you are suggesting that it is different this year? Do i need go get another cup of coffee? lol.

Meeting formats: (according to the Google Translated regulations ahead of the first final and DW confirmed what i said below was correct)

No I am not, but rather that it should be since the rules are unfair. You don't get anything extra for winning the final of leg 1 compared to the extra points received of winning the final of leg 2.

That is what I don't like. Obviously points should be awarded for winning the final in leg 1 and not only for winning leg 2 final.

And I don't understand why they would have such strange rules but then again this is speedway, the nr1 sport when it comes to unfair rules.

Edited by Ghostwalker

No I am not, but rather that it should be since the rules are unfair. You don't get anything extra for winning the final of leg 1 compared to the extra points received of winning the final of leg 2.

That is what I don't like. Obviously points should be awarded for winning the final in leg 1 and not only for winning leg 2 final.

And I don't understand why they would have such strange rules but then again this is speedway, the nr1 sport when it comes to unfair rules.

Agree with all that.

Is there an 'official practice' for the final2 on Friday? If so, when is it?

This is not "the final of leg 2" ... This is "final of the finals" - start 4 best riders in overall standing so it's like additional heat to both finals ...

This is not "the final of leg 2" ... This is "final of the finals" - start 4 best riders in overall standing so it's like additional heat to both finals ...

perhaps but its still weird that you have two meetings where the points from the final at leg 2 counts, but not the points from the final of leg 1.

Why would you have such rules? Why even have a final then in leg 1 then? Since it is completely meaningless and completely illogical.

I say either have:

• Three kegs with 16 rider/20 heats in each. where the riders with most points after 60 heats is the champion.
  • One leg 16 riders/20 heats, with a last chance heat for riders placed 4-7 after heat 20 and then a final where the winner of the final is champion.
  • One leg 16 riders/20 heats,, top 8 to semifinals top 2 in each semi to final, winner of final is champion.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I agree that final of 1st leg is rather illogical - but what we can do with it? :)

Voice our opinions in social media and in enquiries to the federation?

It's easy isn't it, the final of the first leg only takes place to determine who wins what money on the night? As has already been posted . . an extra race for the fans and one hard fought by the riders B-)

Edited by Trees

Good day all. Weather looks good. Let's hope for a safe, exciting (for Denmark :lol: ) meeting.