British Speedway Forum

Chris Harris is mince! Honestly hope he finishes last in the series

He has had chance after chance in the GP's and failed time and time again when are people going to learn

• Like 1

No matter what some people say Bomber was next in line for a GP place,hope he has a brilliant gp season to prove some of the clowns on here wrong

No matter what some people say Bomber was next in line for a GP place,hope he has a brilliant gp season to prove some of the clowns on here wrong

He wont, and everyone knows it..

Bomber has got his place legitimately at the GP Challenge. He's had some luck with Gollob pulling out but that is all.

Get behind him now.

• Like 1

LOL!

He was about 30th in line for the reserve spot in the Grand Prix Challenge from which he qualified, that's the issue us clowns have. The fact he's been heavily favored in the past, with an unprecedented number of charity picks, makes the situation all the more suspicious.

If he was forced to qualify by right (i.e not rely on a free pass at almost every opportunity) I wouldn't have an issue, but I take umbrage at the way the organisers, by hook or by crook, seem to make the situation as easy as possible for one rider (maybe two, if you include Lindgren).

Doesn't matter now, after a Harris-free year, he's back in it. Good luck to him.

JT.

Good luck to Harris in the GP series. Fully deserved? He wanted to ride in the challenge when others couldn't be arsed.

as far as I am concerned, fair play to him and I wish him all the luck as a Brit

• Like 8

Good luck to Harris in the GP series. Fully deserved? He wanted to ride in the challenge when others couldn't be arsed.

as far as I am concerned, fair play to him and I wish him all the luck as a Brit

Probably a first - I agree with the poster above

Bomber has done nothing wrong, he had accepted what he was offered and benfitted. Others had the chance but didn't accept.

Get behind the Brit.

What we have to remember in a very strong field of 15 is that someone has to come first and last. Riders who finish 9th downwards are very talented riders but its tough in the GP's.

Last point, but when you say the 'others' couldn't be arsed, do you mean the dozens of riders who finished ahead of Harris in the first round and went to the considerable expense and effort of going through the following rounds to qualify for the Poole meeting by right? The same riders who probably weren't even asked to ride at Poole (as it appears, I can't believe they all turned it down) or even if they were, were given next to no time to get there because of Zagar's very late withdrawal.

We were told Zagar withdrew because he wanted to qualify by right, but apparently the guy couldn't come to this conclusion until the 11th hour, by which point only a rider based in Britain could realistically reach Poole in time.

Sufficient notice for withdrawing is the first rule that needs changing next season and a heavy fine for a rider who pulls out late without a medical note.

Water under the bridge now, and not Harris' fault by any means, but the whole saga has only served to weaken the series next season in my opinion. He should finish ahead of Smolinski, and maybe Kasprzak, but anywhere near the top 10 would be a massive achievement. Good luck to him.

PS. My bugbear here isn't with Harris, but with the organisers and the system that has seen a track reserve qualify for a full time place in the series after a solitary meeting.

Believe it or not, I quite like Harris as a league rider, but at this level I think his time has passed, and although the plethora of wild cards have obviously lifted his profile in World Speedway, overall, I don't think they've helped him improve as a rider.

I hope he can prove me wrong this time.

JT.

Edited by JT
  • Like 1

Get behind the Brit.

You may wanna suggest that to the other 15 riders in the field, as they'll be spending most of their time in front of this Brit.

• Like 1

IMO,the U21 World champion should always get a wildcard pick. The SGP line up would look more interesting with MJJ and Dudek. Its fast becoming a private club with no new members, as far as wildcards go..

• Like 4

Probably a first - I agree with the poster above

Ditto!!! :approve:

We were told Zagar withdrew because he wanted to qualify by right, but apparently the guy couldn't come to this conclusion until the 11th hour, by which point only a rider based in Britain could realistically reach Poole in time.

No, the riders pulled out as they didn't want to be reserve. So after trying all the riders who were eligible the staging country were asked to pick reserves. They picked Craig Cook who said no, so they asked Bomber who said yes. Then, amazingly when Zagar pulled out, them same riders who didn't want to be reserve wanted to ride in the meeting but it was too late then, by being reserve it meant Bomber was next in line.

No, the riders pulled out as they didn't want to be reserve. So after trying all the riders who were eligible the staging country were asked to pick reserves. They picked Craig Cook who said no, so they asked Bomber who said yes. Then, amazingly when Zagar pulled out, them same riders who didn't want to be reserve wanted to ride in the meeting but it was too late then, by being reserve it meant Bomber was next in line.

No evidence as far as I can see for the first statement in bold. For the second one, why were Kennett and Nicholls not asked?(they both finished higher than Harris in the qualifiers). I do keep contesting this because people continue to overlook particularly key issues. Why all the smoke and mirrors with the FIM & BSPA - if evidence is presented then no-one can argue.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1