British Speedway Forum
JC!

Kent V Mildenhall - May 27th 3pm

Great to hear of a big crowd turning up to watch Nl racing, I'm sure in time the track will get sorted, and with a solid top 3 Kent will push most sides.

Robert loves getting the call from Milldenhall and enjoyed the chance to ride the new track.

Chopper

• Like 1

Fantastic stadium for speedway, but I'm sorry the track is awful in shape and surface. Can't understand the thinking behind shutting off access to the 3rd and 4th bends-can anyone from the management enlighten?

I know the surface needs to settle down, but it is plainly obvious that there is no real base-a thin layer of chalk and loose shale on top isn't ever going to produce a surface conjusive to decent racing. I really hope that they do something with it, but I can't see how they can now the season has started. To be fair, making a new track in the timescale and the awful weather hasn't helped.

The track is also too narrow going into and out of the corners. They need to bring it in about 2-3 yards on the entrance and exit of the corners. It wouldn't be such an issue if the corners were wider and there was some banking on the corners, but there isn't any.

Edit..

Who posted on here about Boxall not being on it, must be watching someone else-he is by far one talented lad and could easily be riding at a higher level.

And the decision by the ref to exclude Kirby (I think it was) in Heat 14 is one of the most laughable decisions I have seen in a long while!!

Edited by robolots

Could have signed Andy Murrey, amount of backhanders down there!

Please enlighten us............are you suggesting there is some racket going on?

Could have signed Andy Murrey, amount of backhanders down there!

Hmm, is this sour grapes, or is there some truth in this ? i would have taken this with a pinch of salt, but from someone who has a commercial interest in the sport, and is respected.......

Great to hear of a big crowd turning up to watch Nl racing, I'm sure in time the track will get sorted, and with a solid top 3 Kent will push most sides.

Robert loves getting the call from Milldenhall and enjoyed the chance to ride the new track.

Chopper

I'm hoping 1 day we won't have to call on him and can actually just call him a Mildenhall rider.Don't know 1 fan who doesn't like seeing him ride our place.

• Like 1

Chopper

I'm hoping 1 day we won't have to call on him and can actually just call him a Mildenhall rider.Don't know 1 fan who doesn't like seeing him ride our place.

As one not familiar with the Mildenhall riders and because there's no surname given, I assume you mean Robert Branford? He certainly rode well against Kent Kings.

Not seen much mentioned here about Jack Kingston. The lad tries his heart out there can be no doubt about it, he comes off a lot perhaps but it's not because he's struggling by any means that can be seen when watching him race.

He's not afraid to try the outside line and once he gets more track time behind him I reckon he's going to flourish into a real decent rider.

On track signs are promising for the Kings, I was sat next to a gentleman who has just started attending the sport yesterday and he was impressed and even said to me he wasn't expecting the Kings to start winning straight away but I reckon that win won't be far off!

I can only echo the comments made by Phil K and Adzmft (we might disagree about young Mr Kirby's first bend tactics but you had a far better view than me and I am hopelessly biased).

The stadium is amazing, easily the best in Britain. A few more improvements and it could hoist some very big meetings indeed. Terrific crowd (probably around the 2,000 mark), boosted by a lot of Fen Tigers and fans from all over the place - I counted at least 8 different other tracks.

The meeting did drag on too long - even taking into account the falls - and that must be a bit of a concern given the curfew.

The track wasn't brilliant, as it is slick to begin with and wore away easily. To be fair, the promotion were faced with the trackman's nightmare - strong wind and bright sunshine - so it would be unreasonable to expect a top quality surface. In trying to keep the dusty down by watering, we ended up with a skating rink that was difficult for the riders, and they deserve credit for putting on a show anyway.

Robert Branford needs to learn how to ride the last bend. In my view, he should have been excluded when he ran into Ben Morley, and he did exactly the same thing to Stefan Nielsen at Mildenhall a couple of weeks ago.

Interesting to read Adz's view of heat 14. It looked a poor decision from where I was and Adam wasn't pleased when he returned to the pits. That certainly wasn't the first shocking decision I saw this weekend (an incident involving Todd Kurtz and Alex Edberg at Plymouth was very similar, and had the same result) so perhaps its about time referee's were made accountable for their actions. Every other person in speedway is, so why not them ?

I saw an awful lot of fans not happy about him riding West Row when he smashed into Stefan Nielsen against Coventry the other week.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

For sure mate I know he loves riding there and gets on well with the fans and promotion.

Chopper

• Like 2

First of all my Andy Murrey tennis gag was a private joke between me and some Kent fans which I don't need to go into on here so sorry if any one else has taken it the wrong way, Nothing to do with filming etc, i am too professional for that sort of cr&p.

I like anyone else hope that this and any other club can be a success, we need all the new ones we can get, as our sport is not too healthy at the mo. I do hope that my long standing mate Magic can get fixed up soon though. :)

Please enlighten us............are you suggesting there is some racket going on?

Sorry no, just a Private joke.. :)

First of all my Andy Murrey tennis gag was a private joke between me and some Kent fans which I don't need to go into on here so sorry if any one else has taken it the wrong way, Nothing to do with filming etc, i am too professional for that sort of cr&p.

I like anyone else hope that this and any other club can be a success, we need all the new ones we can get, as our sport is not too healthy at the mo. I do hope that my long standing mate Magic can get fixed up soon though. :)

Sorry no, just a Private joke.. :)

Apologies Ken if this was a private joke I misunderstood,

I have therefore removed my previous post but im sure you can understand why I replied.

Neil.

Edited by Nikko
  • Like 1

As far as filming goes Kens T2 TV company only charges £5 for national league matches at Rye.. The company at Kent Re Run productions,are charging £7 for them ..As someone who buys a lot of these videos i know who i would prefer doing them ..T2 TV ...

Nice to see others supporting my view of the ref .She appears to have little understanding of young men racing motor bikes.. I know many men refs that are not to clever either ,,But call me sexist if you like i think it was a bad day for the sport when they started appointing lady referees...

Edited by waco

1st visit to Central Park, very impressed by the whole set up.As good as Wolves, Birmingham and Belle Vue if not better. A couple of questions regarding the stadium.

1. Why are the back straight and 3/4th bends closed off or are their plans to use them in the future.

2. Also when leaving the stadium it seemed that there was only 1 way out available, under the main grandstand. Is this right?

Team wise, impressed by Boxall (he looked gutted at the end of Ht 1). Also impressed by Compton and Kirby. Kingston and and to a lesser extent Coles showed promise, but Woods a bit out of his depth especially at No2. Morley couldn't get out of the gate and then struggled. Being a RH fan i expected more from him as i've seen him ride well at RH.

The time it takes to get out of the stadium needs sorting is there only one exit ?.i left some time after the meeting ended and there was still a long que to get out ..Fans leaving the outside seating area also had difficulty getting through the grandstand building...

Not seen much mentioned here about Jack Kingston. The lad tries his heart out there can be no doubt about it, he comes off a lot perhaps but it's not because he's struggling by any means that can be seen when watching him race.

He's not afraid to try the outside line and once he gets more track time behind him I reckon he's going to flourish into a real decent rider.

Speedway fans love a trier... I'd rather see a bloke trying something different than watch another poodle along the inside line when there's obviously nothing there... Good to read that Adam Kirby had a good afternoon. Shame that Connor Coles is struggling. Really needs to be at reserve it this stage of his development.

Edited by Shadders