British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Ipswich Pl Sunday 9 June 2013 At 6.30pm

Wow 2 points! Amazing, didn't think we would get anything from the 2 away matches so the 3 points makes up for Thursday's blip.

Actually makes Thursdays defeat even more frustrating!

Seems to be that its the time of year when Luds form goes out the window - where is the rider who was looking near on unbeatable at Brough only a few weeks ago - he seems to go through this phase every year! Steve is a big worry and looks totally way off the pace and even 1 point tonight would have given the win - it may be time to let him get his confidence back in the NL as at the moment he can't even buy a point. Another strange thing is that away from home the team are flying from the gate but at home the last few meetings the gating has been generally poor. Well done Ipswich on the point but definitely a case of 2 points lost for the Diamonds and wipes out the win at Ipswich on Thursday.

Edited by acclennell

Seems to be that its the time of year when Luds form goes out the window - where is the rider who was looking near on unbeatable at Brough only a few weeks ago - he seems to go through this phase every year! Steve is a big worry and looks totally way of the pace and even 1 point tonight would have given the win - it may be time to let him get his confidence back in the NL as at the moment he can't even buy a point. Another strange thing is that away from home the team are flying from the gate but at home the last few meetings the gating has been generally poor. Well done Ipswich on the point but definitely a case of 2 points lost for the Diamonds and wipes out the win at Ipswich on Thursday.

id def look to replace Steve now, I like him as a rider but he don't look like remotely scoring as of late....he's far better than he's showing at the mo
  • Like 1

Brilliant stuff from Barker and the best I've seen Risager ride.

Hawkins fully deserved the smack he got from Kerr. Disgraceful.

Is it any coincidence that these two performance were managed by Chris Louis, who was officially the team manager for these meetings in the absence of Pete Simmons. Chris was obviously able to motivate the team to achieve two performances which many had not predicted.

I bet Pete will be chuffed with you for this. You've basically just kicked him squarely in the gonads! Pete, you don't motivate the team mate... Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

id def look to replace Steve now, I like him as a rider but he don't look like remotely scoring as of late....he's far better than he's showing at the mo

Unfortunately I agree and also Lud needs a kick up the backside as he has cost us in my opinion 6 points tonight and at Glasgow - Andy needs a couple of meetings to get back in the swing but Christian is having a fantastic year and apart from a shocking decision is his 1st ride would of had 10 again tonight.

Actually makes Thursdays defeat even more frustrating!

Heard Ben say to a reporter in the pits after Thursday that the defeat had to be a wake up call.(dont know if that was in the papers?)

Seems like it was going by the weekend results.

Shows we can compete at the sharp end of the table.

Agree with MrBeerhut that its such a shame that this week is a blank date.Perhaps others see what a home fan sometimes cant and are runnung scared!?

Unfortunately I agree and also Lud needs a kick up the backside as he has cost us in my opinion 6 points tonight and at Glasgow - Andy needs a couple of meetings to get back in the swing but Christian is having a fantastic year and apart from a shocking decision is his 1st ride would of had 10 again tonight.

ah I don't know, I thought risager looked very fast and basically Henry bailed out.... Hawkins was out of order tho.

We looked rusty this week against Newcastle, especially from the gate. Couple of matches has got us in the swing of things. Expect the same to happen the next time we race. A bit of a strange comment made by the presenter regarding the team managers role. Agree with catch22.

Brilliant stuff from Barker and the best I've seen Risager ride.

Hawkins fully deserved the smack he got from Kerr. Disgraceful.

As I mentioned inan earlier post if you are going to dish it out you have to expect some back.

That said I dont like to see riders turning left for or against my team.

Deserved draw for a determined and aggressive Ipswich side who might even think they could have won.

Got to say Ben Barker was phenomenal tonight. Rode hard but fair and his passes over Robbo in heat 13 and Richie in heat 15 were awesome.

Despite his display perhaps the unexpected points picked up by Hawkins, Risager and Heeps were the key with none of those three having shown any real form here before.

For us Ludvig had a really poor night and again did not look the smooth and fast rider he did earlier in the season despite a good opening ride. He made a real mess of heat 14 which was a heat he really should be winning with ease. Steve’s struggles came to a head tonight and a tough decision might need to be made for his sake as well as the teams. I’ve always been in the camp of sticking with him but I’m not so sure after tonight as his confidence just looks shot. There is no obvious replacement so I’m sure he’ll continue but I really feal for him at the moment.

A couple of points dropped is no disaster for the Diamonds with others also slipping up this weekend but certainly we need to get Ludvig in particular back to form soon.

Edited by NJC71

If we change our riding order I'm sure we could win more away matches

A brand new rider at no 5 and im sure your dead right ..

So, to those above who want to replace Steve. Who would you replace him with?

Im afraid I have to agree with part of what the Presenter had to say .

Personally , I've never particularly rated Pete Simmons as a motivator and some of his decisions or should I say lack of them regarding obvious switches that need to be made are quite bemusing .

How much of the weekends results are down to CL's pep talks etc we will of course never know but after the pretty apathetic performance on thursday it's nice to see that the team does have a little fire in it !

A brand new rider at no 5 and im sure your dead right ..

Yup , Adam Roynon would be a good choice but I fear he's off to Dry House .

Edited by Super Blue

Deserved draw for a determined and aggressive Ipswich side who might even think they could have won.

Got to say Ben Barker was phenomenal tonight. Rode hard but fair and his passes over Robbo in heat 13 and Richie in heat 15 were awesome.

Despite his display perhaps the unexpected points picked up by Hawkins, Risager and Heeps were the key with none of those three having shown any real form here before.

For us Ludvig had a really poor night and again did not look the smooth and fast rider he did earlier in the season despite a good opening ride. He made a real mess of heat 14 which was a heat he really should be winning with ease. Steve’s struggles came to a head tonight and a tough decision might need to be made for his sake as well as the teams. I’ve always been in the camp of sticking with him but I’m not so sure after tonight as his confidence just looks shot. There is no obvious replacement so I’m sure he’ll continue but I really feal for him at the moment.

A couple of points dropped is no disaster for the Diamonds with others also slipping up this weekend but certainly we need to get Ludvig in particular back to form soon.

thanks for writing that for me,,, nearly the same coloured glasses !!!

I would stick with Steve, but for how long ??? ,,, but Ludo, fastest time by anyone this season, to what ???