British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Workington Comets Pl Sun 9/6/13 @3p.m.

can you have an open revolution? lol

Thanks merve :) I think Harley was mentioned as well though obviously after today we need to wait and see on that one

Excellent 4 pointer for the Comets today, dont have many reports on the meeting but it seems like it wasnt too bad a match!!

Top performance from Rich, think he likes this track, and good support from the ranks ensured max pts from the weekend, just what we needed!! ;)

Hope the young guy Harley isn't too badly hurt, never reads good when it takes a long time to clear the track through an injury and that would be the last thing Glasgow would have wanted, adding to an already crash n burn style season, best of luck to you fella!!

Having a a top heavily paid and average No.1 does not help when team building. It does not allow finances for mainstream tried and tested riders who demand more than a few young Aussie kids who will manage on less to try to make that break.

Afternoon speedway in the UK when the sun actually shines is a no goer. Dont matter how often its watered, it drys and conditions for the riders are awkward.

Early evening 6.00 is a good time or standard evening racing 7.30, track staff can deal with conditions easier as the sun goes down, unless your at Buxton waiting for it to come up!

Hope Harley is okay, bright young prospect in a gloomy Glasgow season.

Just read the following quote from Sean Courtney re yesterday's match:-

"We'll get it turned round, we have to believe we are going to, and I take my hat off to the supporters because they always get behind the team."

Obviously he is unaware of some on here who take a different view :rolleyes:

"We'll get it turned round, we have to believe we are going to, and I take my hat off to the supporters because they always get behind the team."

So glad you brought this up Cyclone . Sean is quite right , the supporters are behind the team . Ok we get frustrated as nobody enjoys being on a losing run and that can manifest itself with posts on here , but on the whole the fans are totally committed to the club and support what the new promotion are doing . :approve:

• Like 6

I went today but left after Harley's crash. What was it? Heat 6 or 7 ? Why leave ? An old old song now. We were treated to half an hour of waiting till the medics were finished doing whatever it is they were doing with Harley, only to be told we'd need then to wait till another ambulance turned up to take him to hospital to see what damage was done. So we're talking 40/45 minutes......of nothing. I walked out and I might not go back again.

I've had a go at this before and got hammered with ridiculous comments like, 'are you saying we don't treat injured riders ?' Or 'how would you like to lie dying etc etc ?' Bollocks. I maintain there is NO need for such lengthy delays. Are we, the people paying for this sport, to be treated with such disdain that nobody cares what we do, while some doctor/medic sits with an injured rider in an ambulance with a broken finger or whatever? Picture this. In football, you will have a resident doctor at the game. ONE doctor. When he's needed, the game does NOT stop till he figures out what's what with the player. It carries on. Besides, can anyone see 20/30,000 people sitting twiddling their thumbs for 40 odd minutes doing nothing? Aye right. But we're meant to just stand about looking as if we're really not bothered. Well guess what...we are.

Stuff this elf'n'safety, political correctness cobblers and let the racing continue. If by some fluke another injury happens, is it really beyond the capability of the medics to deal with it? This could kill the sport dead if it's not dealt with.

While I agree that the delays were long today, and with no real progress to the track conditions, the dust was horrendous! The time taken after the crash was quite lengthy but I am always of the opinion that if it was my family member in the ambulance I would want them to be checked out properly. As a bike rider myself I know from first hand experience that after a crash due to the adrenalin that you are not always aware of where you are injured and I can only assume speedway riders do not make the best patients!! I take my hat off to the medical guys and all the track staff as they do their best week to week.

As for saying you may not be back, if everyone has that attitude then the Tigers will be no more. We have to give the promotion a chance for the whole season, they do appear to be making an effort but with numbers attending still down, it must be a never ending money pit!!

• Like 1

While I agree that the delays were long today, and with no real progress to the track conditions, the dust was horrendous! The time taken after the crash was quite lengthy but I am always of the opinion that if it was my family member in the ambulance I would want them to be checked out properly. As a bike rider myself I know from first hand experience that after a crash due to the adrenalin that you are not always aware of where you are injured and I can only assume speedway riders do not make the best patients!! I take my hat off to the medical guys and all the track staff as they do their best week to week.

As for saying you may not be back, if everyone has that attitude then the Tigers will be no more. We have to give the promotion a chance for the whole season, they do appear to be making an effort but with numbers attending still down, it must be a never ending money pit!!

It is all well and good with that old chestnut but how long can they expect people to fork out to watch dross week after week and why do we need to give them the whole season if i am not being given value for money, my money then i will spend it on something that gives value it's not rocket science up until now the new set up has impressed me to a certain extent but the least said about there team building skills.

It is that bury you head in the sand attitude that annoys people , i have been attending for years and i have witnessed some poor sides in my time but this one takes the biscuit the rumblings of dis-content are becoming deafening around me the past few weeks with people leaving early very rarely seen before this season .

Taking the supporters for granted is a very dangerous ploy to adopt they will only put up with so much.

Edited by Gazc

It is all well and good with that old chestnut but how long can they expect people to fork out to watch dross week after week and why do we need to give them the whole season if i am not being given value for money, my money then i will spend it on something that gives value it's not rocket science up until now the new set up has impressed me to a certain extent but the least said about there team building skills.

Which team changes would encourage you to go back to Ashfield? i.e. what riders would you like to see in the team now

Which team changes would encourage you to go back to Ashfield? i.e. what riders would you like to see in the team now

Better ones ;)

Better ones ;)

Good answer. Any particular favourite?

Good answer. Any particular favourite?

As we all know it is not that easy all i will say is we need to make changes to be more competitive and as other teams have proved there are riders out there it is just a matter of getting the one's that can commit to a Sunday track . I haven't given up on going to Ashfield after the beating we took from yourselves i was totally dis-illusioned but i will return in the future but I will probably be selective in my meeting's

When a team is misfiring and crowds are on the wane, there is little chance of reconstruction on a grand scale in mid-season. Even less at a Sunday circuit.

To revitalise the Tigers, the Red Revolution needs to bring in just one heavy-hitting big name from out of left field, like Plymouth and Berwick did (proving it can be done).

Meantime, where are the three-times-a-week newsletters? Where is the "feelgood factor" achieved so marvellously by Alan Biggart at his close-season meetings? Most of all, where is the water on the track, before and during meetings?

• Like 1