British Speedway Forum
northyorksbear

Redcar V Scunthorpe - Ko Cup 13/6/13

Gutsy rear-guard action from the Scorpions to keep the tie alive for tomorrow night. Get well soon David. Has anyone got Josh Gracjzonek's mobile number? (Probably easier to get Richard Hall on speed-dial !)

Josh Gracjzonek's definately the best option, Howe just doesn't get any luck.

Have to agree, really disappointing in the end - we should have hit 60 but I think we got complacent. Track was ok but dusty but given weather dont think they could have done much else with it.

Ostergaard look great early on - whilst Summers and Dyer were good but not great out the gate. Wilkinson was terrible after good opening ride.

Auty came good whilst Birks and Palm Toft improved - was really impressed with Blackbird, good speed and was unlucky - deserved more points. Sets up a cracker tomoz.

Injuries continue to wreck our season. The only positives Josh and Ash showing some form and Michael improving. Local weather tomorrow looks pretty poor and can see my speedway fix being rained off :cry:

Grajczonek's riding for Plymouth tomorrow.

Sheffield at Scunny next Friday Does this rule out Hall (hopefully he'll have set off for the 2nd round of World Longtrack). Ricky Wells (if not ruled out by 8 day rule) and Kozza Smith (Who Rob seems to be a fan of) are other options.

Cant believe, what I am hearing about the tight fisted Redcar management.If it's true, that Havelock would not pay for the extra tyre that they were entitled to, then I think we have hit rock bottom. Scunny were entitled to 7 tyre's between 6 riders and they to their credit grabbed it. It really showed towards the end of the meeting,absolutely shot tyre's against newer one's, (on that rock hard, slick and dry road of a track) it was no contest. The track itself was a disgrace, dry slick with minimal work on it (the only dampness on it was where today's rain had settled near the kerb),this must be breaking the riders hearts, it's certainly breaking mine.

• Like 1

Cant believe, what I am hearing about the tight fisted Redcar management.If it's true, that Havelock would not pay for the extra tyre that they were entitled to, then I think we have hit rock bottom. Scunny were entitled to 7 tyre's between 6 riders and they to their credit grabbed it. It really showed towards the end of the meeting,absolutely shot tyre's against newer one's, (on that rock hard, slick and dry road of a track) it was no contest. The track itself was a disgrace, dry slick with minimal work on it (the only dampness on it was where today's rain had settled near the kerb),this must be breaking the riders hearts, it's certainly breaking mine.

unbelievable if true....

I have another money saving piece of advice for him. Just have 2 tyres between the whole team, after all, theres only ever 2 out on track at any one time.

Decent fight back from Scunny all thinks considered,looked like a right thumping at one point,so to leave with 10 points to claw back isn't so bad,wasn't there so can't comment on the track,but seems now one of the best surfaces/tracks in PL is not as good as it should be,shame as it is a super track...or can be

Wind ya neck in, the track wasnt a disgrace, it was slick - but they could hardly do much work on it given the weather during the day.

However, the Redcar management is a disgrace if what you are saying is right about the tyres - however, it doesnt surprise me. It would also explain why the fastest man on the track Ostergaard struggled to pass despite his best efforts.

Edited by RedcarRacer

Wind ya neck in, the track wasnt a disgrace, it was slick - but they could hardly do much work on it given the weather during the day.

However, the Redcar management is a disgrace if what you are saying is right about the tyres - however, it doesnt surprise me. It would also explain why the fastest man on the track Ostergaard struggled to pass despite his best efforts.

Can't agree about the track, the bumps going into the 1st bend are getting worse, both wheels lifting, not good. I arrived at the track at 6-45, it was so dry dust was blowing off it. About 7 o clock, the "track man" watered the track going so far, then turning round leaving a big puddle about on the 30 yard mark. A 20 minute water is no where near enough when the track was as dry as it was (Glyn would start to water on the Wednesday weather dependent). Once the blue groove appeared it was over as racing track with only one line. Arron and Ossty must have been so frustrated not being able to make progress. As for the meeting, to win by 10 and yet come away so disappointed, and if rumours about the extra tyre is true then Redcar speedway is rapidly descending in to farce. Well done to Scunny for the fight back, and giving themselves a good chance of making the next round.

But there was a threat of rain right up to the start, there was a huge cloud over the track at 7 and although it didnt rain there was no way of telling - given the down pour during the day, I think it was decent. Yes during the dirt could have been dragged down, but the racing wasnt too bad at all.

And bumps in the first bend? Come on, recent weeks the track has been a lot smoother - hence Ostergaard and Dilger, our normal bucking broncos, have been going fine and Wilkinson doesnt count as he can fall at point on any track.

The track was a disgrace, its been getting worse year on year since Glyn left.

Whilst the weather yesterday wasn't great around lunch time, there was a heavy shower lasting around 20mins, and it might have limited the amount of work that could be done on the day. It still left 6hours+ to do some work. The work that was done was poor.

Back in Glyn's day the bulk of the track prep used to be done in the hour or so after the previous meeting.Glyn used to blade the shale back to the kerb after every meeting, which gave the track a week to settle, meaning a minimal amount of work was needed on the day of the meeting.

The way things are now, you get the feeling that once the last rider leaves the track, they turn off the lights and go home, only to return at 6.00pm on a race day, and do the minimum to get the track fit to ride. The track just doesn't seam to be top of the list of things to do.

Last night was the first time, in a long time, that I've seen them bring the blade out AFTER the meeting. I didn't stay long enough to see just how much blading they did, hopefully they dragged some shale all the way back to the kerb, but the way the place is being run now it wouldn't come as a surprise to find that it was being bladed, not to improve the track, but to make some money by selling a bit more shale.

If anybody here did stay a bit longer than I did, I would be interested to know just how much work was done after last nights meeting.

Been 4 times this season and the earliest they've started track work has been 630pm, does old havvy actually employ someone to do it properly or just turn up from work or after his tea to have a look at it?? Hence why several meetings have started late??.