British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Stoke Koc 19/06/13

From www.klstars.co.uk

This coming Wednesday, the King's Lynn Young Stars are aiming to make it through to the next round of the National League Knockout cup competition when they face Stoke at the Norfolk Arena.

King's Lynn suffered a 57-32 defeat to the Potters in the first leg, which gives the Young Stars a tough task to overturn the deficit and move on in the competition, but team manager Dale Allitt has revealed that the riders are determined to progress.

Allitt said: "We have 25 points to make up but after the events at Stoke, the boys are fired up. Hopefully we can get a big crowd to cheer us on at the Norfolk Arena this Wednesday night, it makes a big difference when the supports turn out in force."

The Young Stars side takes on a slightly changed lineup. Lewis Rose moves into the main body of the team having put in a number of impressive performances during recent meetings, while Shane Hazelden is the man to move down to reserve.

Robert Lambert returns to the team having missed the first leg, his inclusion is a big boost for the Young Stars as they aim to make it into the next round.

Gates open at the Norfolk Arena at 6:30pm. Admission prices: Adults: £10, Concessions: £8, Juniors (12-15 Years Old): £4, Kids under 11: £FREE

King's Lynn Young Stars

1. Steve Worrall, 2. Shane Waldron, 3. Darren Mallett, 4. Lewis Rose, 5. Lewis Kerr, 6. Shane Hazelden, 7. Robert Lambert

Stoke Potters

1. Lee Smart, 2. Luke Chessell, 3. Ben Reade, 4. Luke Priest, 5. Kyle Hughes, 6. TBC, 7. Shaun Tedham

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

This result is by no means certain, in that i fully expect The Young Stars to run out convincing winners, but the question is going to be, by how many? can the margin be by 25 points or more, for Stoke then they have to settle for running no last places, and every point is going to count as i expect it to go down to the wire, who will win overall, i am going to put my neck on the block, and say Stoke, and the reasoning behind that is, Stoke have a 25 point advantage in the bag, its The Young Stars who have to do the chasing.

Edited by greyhoundp

Hopefully be a good meeting. Anyone actually attending on here? ;)

Looking forward to seeing Lambert around Saddlebow again. Where is Mimmo with his preview ?

We are looking forward to seeing lambert as we missed his debut. Hopefully the stars can pull back the points and progress to next round of the cup.

Now that I can finish work early,I will be coming along.Looking forward to seeing how Lambert gets on

• Like 1

I cant see The Young Stars reserves dropping points against there opposite numbers. I just don't know whats happened with Shane Hazelden, 2 years ago he came to Monmore Wood, and he had just got to No1 for Rye House, and he rode well, now here he is dropping back to reserve, I saw him earlier in the season at Monmore, there didn't look a lot wrong with him, except for not making the gate, and if anything over riding or trying to hard, and Im never going to criticise anyone for trying to hard.

I cant see The Young Stars reserves dropping points against there opposite numbers. I just don't know whats happened with Shane Hazelden, 2 years ago he came to Monmore Wood, and he had just got to No1 for Rye House, and he rode well, now here he is dropping back to reserve, I saw him earlier in the season at Monmore, there didn't look a lot wrong with him, except for not making the gate, and if anything over riding or trying to hard, and Im never going to criticise anyone for trying to hard.

Can't see Lambert dropping many points full stop let alone to reserves...

I said I wouldn't go to a Young Stars meeting again but never say never.

See if I can find something to moan about this time :lol:

• Like 1

Stoke are a joke , 12 heats gone , not one heat winner yet !

Time to make Big changes Tattum , it's embarrassing , no rider imho can hold their head up and say they've done their job !

Rant over !

Have some of that Mr Tattum :)

Can I respectfully suggest Mr Tatum challenge some his aggression toward the riders he has employed. Lucky that Mallet had an off night otherwise this really could been worse.

• Like 1

Embarassing from Stoke, but I expect nothing less away from home.

I know it didn't make any difference, but anyone care to explain the comments on the updates about messing around with Reade's gate for 10 minutes before his TR ride?

And Semion, for all I care Mr Tattum can take a running jump, and hopefully drag the former Mrs Tattum with him. They will be the death of Stoke speedway.

• Like 1