British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve55

New Rider For Sheffield

Surely kling will ride sweden on a thursday too? could be wrong. Always difficult replacing a number 1, as they dont tend to be readily available

Don't panic, Captain!

Yes, a stainless-steel replacement is required, but the Tigers have the luxury of a huge list of quality guests under Simon's CMA to fill in for a couple of weeks while the right man is located. At the right price.

• Like 1

I very much doubt that Sheffield have a replacement line up just yet.

I think they will want to take their time over a replacement and as already stated they will have luxury of the pick of virtually any rider from the league.

I think that you can rule out it been a Swedish rider as they ride in Sweden on Thursdays.

But it is a hammer blow for the club as Steady is not only the number 1 but our captain and the heart beat of the team.

Get Well Soon Skipper.

Not going to be easy to replace steady,no rush due to lack of league fixtures.May as well go with guests next week for semi v Newcastle.Cant see us beating them anyway,but we must sort the league form.Just hope we don't look for a cheap and cheerful option as I cant see steady being cheap.

Good luck to Jake at Buxton.

Good luck to Jake at Buxton.

just heard Jake as retired,must say pretty poor show from him if every rider retired after being dropped wont be any left come on Jake man up get back on your bike.

Having seen the line ups for tonight at SHEFFIELD i notice that Jordon Tyre is not included just when will this man ride in a meeting he just seems to practice but never races,just what is going on with him/

just heard Jake as retired,must say pretty poor show from him if every rider retired after being dropped wont be any left come on Jake man up get back on your bike.

Having seen the line ups for tonight at SHEFFIELD i notice that Jordon Tyre is not included just when will this man ride in a meeting he just seems to practice but never races,just what is going on with him/

Jake has not retired, he is taking time out.

• Like 1

If you've ever seen Jordan Tyrer ride competitively you'll know why he seems to just practice!

Nice lad, who's got the b*lls to get out there and do it, but have to say the guy's a liability in competitive racing!

Saw him do 'the wall of death' on the home straight fence two or three years ago, just don't know how he got himself in that unlikely position.

He was named as the official number 8 in that great team of last year, but he was no where to be seen after that. Seem to think he got injured practicing at another track.

i LIKE SMOLINSKI, WE NEED RIDER FOR ADD 10/12 PTS SURE, SAME STEADY

I'd also like to see Martin Smolinski doubling up with Sheffield, he was brilliant in the first meeting of the year at Owlerton and has continued in that form since then.

Unfortunately won't his new Elite league average take him out of our reach?

one possible replacement for steady I would like to see would be adam skornicki doubling up with us, a good racer and entertainer.

Think you can only have 1 double up rider from a club and weve got ricky wells.Smolinski would do a job if he fits.