British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Django

Workington Vs Ipswich 29/6/13 Pl

Great result for the Witches. Jackal hope you've noticed Adam Ellis's scores from his last 2 meetings & will forget whatever personal issues you have with him &/or his family & give him a chance now.

Nice to meet baldyman an tonight in other wise a below performance from the comets, our reserves being very weak only 2 points not good enough,

Before I get shot down I pay my money to go and voice my day,

Lawson worst I've seen him tonight but many of times been the match winner. Good job we never went with R-R

Great result for the Witches. Jackal hope you've noticed Adam Ellis's scores from his last 2 meetings & will forget whatever personal issues you have with him &/or his family & give him a chance now.

I will swap Ellis for Morris or Mills

Edited by Justin Comet10
  • Like 1

An away win,with a team including a NL guest,8pts from young Ellis including 2 race wins,I know of one Ipswich poster who will be as we speak sprinting his way to the keyboard.

Over to you Ray.

Well that's the most satisfying result of the season so far as far as I'm concerned :lol:

Well done lads, everyone chipping in well by the looks of things.

• Like 2

Standing in for Jackal ... Ellis had a last place, Lanham didn't ride to his average, the Witches only got three points ...

On the other hand, a 20 point turn-around from the last visit to Derwent Park, and the Comets first home defeat ... Whoop! Whoop!

Stonking result !! Well done everyone. Top to bottom.

Edited by Jonny the spud
  • Like 2

Well done the Witches, you deserved your win. rubbish track, very poor home reserves out scored 16 to 3, just not good enough. Why no Rusty in heat 15?

Stonking result !! Well done everyone. Top to bottom.

damn I bet Simmo is disappointed though, he only wanted 1 point from this meeting, and those damn boys only went and got 3 tsk!!!!

Only joking, fab isn't it, keep it up lads you are doing us REAL Witches fans proud. The WHOLE team!! :D

• Like 2

Yeh well done Ipswich, track didn't seem to have much grip for passing but same for both teams. Our reserves weak and I think it's a long time since Lawson didn't win at home. 4pts at Redcar. 0 tonight, maybe one more than expected, chins up, but reserves....Thought Rusty would have been in heat 15 but Bach did come 2nd and had beat Barker.

• Like 1

An away win,with a team including a NL guest,8pts from young Ellis including 2 race wins,I know of one Ipswich poster who will be as we speak sprinting his way to the keyboard.

Over to you Ray.

but how many years did that national league guest ride for prem league clubs

ipswich were the better team on the night and were really up for it with 2 very strong reserves both of which rode very well adam ellis pulled of a great move round the 2 nd bend in 1 heat to pass both workington riders

good win for ipswich

Yeh well done Ipswich, track didn't seem to have much grip for passing but same for both teams. Our reserves weak and I think it's a long time since Lawson didn't win at home. 4pts at Redcar. 0 tonight, maybe one more than expected, chins up, but reserves....Thought Rusty would have been in heat 15 but Bach did come 2nd and had beat Barker.

your not alone in thinking rene in heat 15 was strange but rusty was out testing after the meeting maybe he had bike problems but a few thought he should have been in ht 15

Obviously the Worky fans weren't cheering for their boys loud enough tonight.

Excellent result for the Witches against a strong Worky team - hard to predict any results in the league this season.

• Like 1

good result for the watches tonight WHOOP WHOOP.. ok. thats enough of them.

• Like 1

could be nip and tuck for a texter tonight. looks like the guy that did it last time will tell the ippo fans to get stiffed after he suffered a load of abuse from the watches fans , so there you have it ippo fans, you only have yourself to blame if there is not results from what could be the only texter on site. never burn your bridges. me, i am off to see some action in the flesh at workington (if you say you are sorry, he may send in a few results)lol.

That was not the information I received from the texters....one was at a wedding and the other did provide the updates although initially he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make it to the meeting!

• Like 1

Although I expected Ipswich to be far better this time than last, this was "not" the vision I had in mind!! :o

Did say that the reserves would hold the key to this match and my word was I right, Ippo's pairing way too strong for the Comets, absolutely smoked them, very very poor performance from both of our's, although Mills did look a bit quicker and gated better than previous but Morris, well, just going backwards big time, not even remotely dangerous!!

I'm sorry if that sounds bad but if the guy cant see his performances are not up to scratch and still shows little sign of turning things around then I'm afraid it should be exit stage left, cant afford to carry him much longer as we approach the business end of the season, every point counts and he, for my money, isnt scoring enough of them, turn it around Ashley, times running out!! :cry:

As for the rest of the team, Rich/Rene decidedly under par from them tonight, just the odd brief glimpse of what we're used to, Rusty started well but faded a bit, Tero looking better and shouldn't be too long before the bigger scores are back but again star of the show Micky, ( I want to ride for the Comets next year ) Dyer, a great effort from him only spoiled by a crap choice of gates in ht15, (2&4) getting him squeezed out into the fence round 1&2 and unable to get in a blow thereafter?

Ipswich superbly led by Ben ( please get an air fence quickly ) Barker, blisteringly quick all night and well supported this time throughout the team in which every rider got a win bar Compton, who still did well tho for an NL rider going at No2, much the more solid team and gated extremely well performing as I had envisaged they should have done in the KO Cup tie but I am well sure that Ipswich would rather have these three points in the league than cup ties? ;)

Overall, Ipswich the far better side tonight, thoroughly deserved the win and congratulations to them, as for the Comets, a bad day at the office and one I hope not repeated too many more times, we have scraped through a few matches over the years up here, got away with murder at times perhaps but, it catches up with you eventually and this one got away still, never mind, onwards and upwards, it wont always be bad!! :D