British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Mildenhall (nl) - 3rd July

He's surely not going to bother with the PL next year?

Lewis Bridger made that mistake. He's hardly set the speedway world on fire

Lewis Bridger made that mistake. He's hardly set the speedway world on fire

Mistake? He's a 7 point EL rider.

How many 16 and 17 year old Poles are riding in their top league? If you're good enough you don't need it.

In a weak Elite League

How many 16 and 17 year old Poles are riding in their top league? If you're good enough you don't need it.

I don't dispute he is a vast talent, but let him have 1 season in the PL, its hardly going to hinder his progress is it ? you know let one or 2 of the older heads maybe rough him up a bit, have a go on a wet track with a mouthful of shale in his face, then go for EL, Polish League whatever in 2015, he will be what ? still 16 at the start of the 2015 season, maybe only just under 17 but nonetheless still 16.

First time i have seen Lambert ride since he was 10.And he was pretty awesome to say the least especially at such a young age.Some people are knocking him because he hasn't rode away yet,but that will come.I'm pretty sure he will be ok aswell.

The race where him come from behind was pretty good too,he carried alot of speed going into bend 3 and where most riders would have drifted close to the fence he was able to stick it to the inside.His ability is beyond question and i sincerely hope the right people in speedway look after talent like this,not just Lambert but other British riders that may come through.Lets start getting back to where we once were in the speedway world.

• Like 1

We should all be celebrating a raw/promising talent.Wish he rode for the Kings. :D

Fantastic performance from both sides last night, and without question the best meeting I've seen at the Norfolk Arena this season. Oh bugger, when I hit the return key I'm not dropping down a line (everything is okay on e-mails, word & excel......any ideas anyone please?), so will just have to carry on as I am!! Robert Lambert was once again simply fantastic, but I go along with the views of those that say he should be judged when he's ridden a few away tracks, but I'm sure he'll do okay. He's got so much speed under him, I'd like to see him miss the gate, then see if he's capable of doing the job. Having said that, to witness the way he powered under Lewis Blackbird and Josh Bates in Heat 11 was simply breath taking. As someone else mentioned, for them Lewis Rose was their MOTM, and I would echo those sentiments, this young man has made startling progress right under our noses, which proves what an important role the National League plays in the development of young British talent. With regards to Mildenhall, Josh Bates is making rapid strides forward, and what a fully committed guest performance from Mr Blackbird. The second half saw a 6-heat, 8-rider (well seven turned up) Midland Development League Grand Prix Round, and how wonderful to see the largest percentage of the crowd staying on to watch it, including those from Mildenhall. Yes, this was the perfect package for the paying customer at just £10, and how good to see the crowd high enough to warrant opening the second car park. It takes two teams to put on an entertaining meeting, and this they did with no holds barred. Finally, I must give mention to centre-green presenter Matt Black, who has taken to the role with such enthusiasm, and after a shaky start, is now turning into someone who is a pleasure to listen to. A Mike Bennett or Kevin Long he might not be, but he's different, and that's what so refreshing about him. Role on the 17th July for the Robert Lambert/Adam Ellis show. Sorry about the way I've had to present this, but PC World want an arm and a leg to investigate why I can't drop down a line with the return key, and I feel that money could be better spent visiting Buxton & Stoke next week, to see what talent is on offer there........oh and catch up with the ever ageing 'Proud Potter' :rofl:

• Like 1

To clarify for any who were confused as I was this morning, it transpires this morning that King's Lynn v IOW is on 17th July... not next Wednesday as announced at the track last night. I assume we don't have a meeting next Wednesday, but who can tell.

We should all be celebrating a raw/promising talent.Wish he rode for the Kings. :D

Also Bates, Rose, Ellis and a few more more. Sounds like a good GB team looming in the future if they all stay level headed and keep up the progress made so far.

• Like 1

Mimmo, I am having the same problem, sometimes I can get round it by using enter, down arrow and space bar.

Robert still keeps being knocked, not by all, for only riding at the NA, I sometimes wonder how do you explain the obvious as stated and reported, that he is riding else where or travelling on the dates that the Young Stars are away.

No flights on offer at his age, as he is still learning his trade and like many spends hours on the road in a van.

What also amazes me is how some seem to think the NA is the only track in the UK he has rode, yes there are some he has not, but he has (including Cardiff) rode and been successful on a lot of other tracks of various length and surfaces to suggest he will do well at any track in the uk, he may not win every race but he will sure try as he knows no other way.

As for comparing him to all the other names that have been mentioned in various post and forums forget it, Robert is Robert and no one knows what is going to happen in the future. Knowing him like I do he will probably end up as a ski instructor / host and as some may have guessed he is good at that as well.

So lets recap he is BRITISH - 15yrs old - scored 56+1pts in 3 meetings 1 last place (when his clutch failed) a friend and he rides at the home of the Kings Lynn Stars that will do me.

Well done Robert, safe travel and a win for Olching at the weekend.

How embarrassing for Lambert, 6 fastest times of the night and ruins the whole thing with a slower time in heat 15 :o

He's surely not going to bother with the PL next year?

Not embarrassing for Lambert.....bet he was thinking of his engine.... he was out in Heat 11 Heat 12 Heat 14 Heat 15......bet his engine was white hot......his clutch was hot.......not to mention I bet he was hot as well with all those rides in close concession. Greyhoundp I have been following young Robert and I hate to disappoint you but he has already ridden Buxton track also Eastbourne Lakeside Rye House Leicester Scunthorpe IOW Sheffield Glasgow and also Northside Training Track ( superb track for learning how to turn tight bends ;) these are a few that I can remember.......Also what do you think he has been doing over in Germany....If its not been mixing with the big boys then I don't know.....No doubt he has also had the shale in his goggles and if you look on his or his mums facebook page think he was riding at Olching and it looked mega wet.....his suit was a wet brown shale colour instead of his Red White Blue.....Also the tracks over in Germany are like the ones in England :party: ...so with all his hard work he has put in over there has paid off and I think that's why he's such a good rider now.......it seems to me that everyone wants to put him down now he has started to ride over here in England......Congratulation to his parents for what they have done for him....long may it continue :t:

• Like 1

I am sure the lad will cope with whatever track condtions/size of track that is thrown at him. I do not get why people want to come up with negatives on what is a 15 year year old BRITISH lad with massive potenial. It is not something that comes along very often, surely as speedway fans we should be embracing it.

• Like 3