British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Mildenhall (nl) - 3rd July

A day before the meeting, and nobody has started a thread!!! If anybody intends attending, the line-ups are as follows: KING'S LYNN: 1) Steven Worrall 2) Lewis Rose [if declared fit] 3) Darren Mallett 4) Shane Waldron 5) Lewis Kerr 6) Shane Hazelden 7) Robert Lambert MILDENHALL: 1) Lewis Blackbird 2) Aaron Baseby 3) Josh Bates 4) Jon Armstrong 5) Daniel Halsey 6) Nathan Stoneman 7) Josh Bailey

This should be a very interesting local derby, and following the Tigers somewhat surprising away win at Cov Storm, I think most people will expect a tight meeting, and if anything an away win, however we have here the Robert Lambert factor, and probably 18+ points from him, probably 10 each for Worrall and Kerr, that takes Young Stars up to 38 points, can Hazelden, Mallett, Waldron get the 8 points needed for the win ?, I think they can, and will, I can see Tigers top 5 putting up a heck of a fight, but I think the best they can hope for, and all they really need is an away point, and another away win somewhere else, whereas if The Young Stars are to have any hope of getting to the Play Offs they cannot afford to NOT win this all important for them home meeting. In the NL as a whole it is becoming a 5 Team race to make the Play Offs, and the final all important place seems to be coming down to Coventry Storm or Young Stars, Storm have the points in the bag, Stars still have to get them, Home win but by how many ?.

• Like 1

Look forward to this; just hope the weather remembers its summer!

• Like 1

Win Lose or Draw, Just look forward to see another weeks devolpment for certain riders. Fully expect Blackbird to give lambert his bigget test around Saddlebow, so far.

Weather forecast anyone ?

Looks ok. Partly cloudy with a chance of sun breaking through from 3.00pm. Same through into the evening.

12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm 12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm Forecast

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy Temp (°C) 18° 20° 21° 21° 22° 21° 20° 19°

Sorry - didn't format properly but you get the gist!!

Edited by TesarRacing

Win Lose or Draw, Just look forward to see another weeks devolpment for certain riders. Fully expect Blackbird to give lambert his bigget test around Saddlebow, so far.

Weather forecast anyone ?

Yeah Lewis is flying at the moment, but you know all these guys are racers, so I do think it matters to them, if they win lose or draw.

Sure it matters to the riders. It breeds confidence to win races. I was meaning from a supporters point of view, or rather mine. I just see it as watching young riders progress at this level and see their development happen almost on a week to week basis. So matters not who wins the meeting. This level its not all about winning Speedway meetings.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

Sure it matters to the riders. If breeds confidence to win races. I was meaning from a supporters point of view, or rather mine. I just see it as watching young riders progress at this level and see their development happen almost on a week to week basis. So matters not who wins the meeting. If this level its not all about winning Speedway meetings.

And there kids the problem in the NL atm as most fans aren't like you and won't turn up if a team isn't winning. Especially the standalone sides that have to put out a winning team as I'm sure the majority of fans want to see a successful club and don't have a higher league team to support for the trophies.

As to tonight, Lambert will do his thing and KL will edge home a 3 league points win.

For sure, I understand the criteria is different for the stand alone clubs, but surely you get more pleasure in watching an up and coming rider trying to make his way in the sport than perhaps a journeyman who has done his time but still gets a Buzz out of riding his bike.

• Like 1

Well i will be coming tonight for my visit to the NL.Not really bothered who wins,just really interested in seeing how Robert Lambert goes.Remember watching him go around the NA when he was a 10 year old i think and he was pretty good then.

How embarrassing for Lambert, 6 fastest times of the night and ruins the whole thing with a slower time in heat 15 :o

He's surely not going to bother with the PL next year?

Edited by SCB

How embarrassing for Lambert, 6 fastest times of the night and ruins the whole thing with a slower time in heat 15 :o

Forget Lambert. The real Star was Lewis Rose. Paid 10 after that horror smash at Rye on Saturday. Remarkable!!

• Like 5

Lets see some away meetings first eh ?

• Like 1

Lewis Rose is what the NL is all about, he has improved so much in a short space of time.

I'm with semion, its more about rider development than winning at this level but beating your local rivals is always nice :D

• Like 3

Lets see some away meetings first eh ?

Fully agree with this, Buxton will be an interesting Track to see him on, as would Monmore Wood, both Technical Tracks, hopefully if The Young stars get through in the KO Cup or into the Play Offs we will see him at one of them at least. However I am not knocking his undoubted talent, just walk before he runs...

Why not ?.

• Like 1