British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Irving

Ipswich

Got to feel a little for Chris Louis too. These play off meetings were meant to be a bit of a money spinner for the club with bumper attendances.

Now on Thursday against Edinburgh, it will be an Ipswich select side in a now meaningless meeting for the club with a damp weather forecast to boot!

Could be a case of spot the supporter on Thursday which is a shame.

After the shock and sadness of the injuries at the weekend, it's easy to forget that the play-off hopes were all but over last Thursday night, thanks to a home defeat, in front of a what looked an ordinary league attendance.

Edited by Had Enough

Was gonna say it didn't exactly look like a money spinner last week. Maybe only if you reached the final would it have put an extra 100 or so on the gate.

Are the play off matches included in season tickets?

Well they SHOULD have been money spinners and they normally are elsewhere.

If the club can't attract a good crowd for a play off meetings that decide league champions, then maybe the passion for Speedway in Ipswich is at an all time low these days.

Sad.

Just looking at the greensheets from the 1st October, Cameron Heeps now has an average of 6.74, up from his starting average of 4.40.

That's a stunning effort when you consider he went from reserve to the difficult number 2 position mid season, and has battled against a troublesome hand injury for what seems like most of the year, which will require surgery in the Winter.

If he doesn't sweep the end of season awards in a few weeks I'll want a stewards inquiry!!

also interesting average for Klindt, our guest on Thursday. When Chris Louis said at the end of last season that we would have a big hitting out and out number 1 for this season, Klindt was the favourite with most Ipswich fans on here with a few preferring him over Barker.

Then he would have had a pretty hefty starting average, now he has an average of just 6.93.

I know he's been inconsistent, and a pure gater rather than a racer, but on that average he'd certainly be in my PL team.

He loves riding Foxhall and having the odd gater in your team is never a bad thing.

............ If he doesn't sweep the end of season awards in a few weeks I'll want a stewards inquiry!! ............

Ritchie might give him a run for his money - I've a lot of respect for what he's acheived this season.

Edited by Travertine
  • Like 2

Both cam and Ritchie have been brilliant, and along with klindt would be a must for me for next season. Klindt in, morten out, makes perfect sense to me.

Ritchie might give him a run for his money - I've a lot of respect for what he's acheived this season.

Not even close for me. Hawkins has done well recently, but he took an awful long time to get going and to be honest, looked woeful for a couple of months.

Where as Heeps has been consistently good all season long.

Klindt in, morten out, makes perfect sense to me.

Agreed. On similar averages too.

Well they SHOULD have been money spinners and they normally are elsewhere.

If the club can't attract a good crowd for a play off meetings that decide league champions, then maybe the passion for Speedway in Ipswich is at an all time low these days.

Sad.

i reckon it's at an all time low at a lot of venues. it was like attending a wake at rye house last saturday!

Both cam and Ritchie have been brilliant, and along with klindt would be a must for me for next season. Klindt in, morten out, makes perfect sense to me.

If Morten gets a place next year, I would be disappointed but not surprised. Maybe there was some truth in what Jackal posted...

If Morten gets a place next year, I would be disappointed but not surprised. Maybe there was some truth in what Jackal posted...

To be fair, I thought he really put it in at Newcastle on Sunday.

Was he chasing the dirt? Very rare to see him do that to overtake anyone. Did he actually overtake anyone?

Its not like they need to put on extra meetings to cover season ticket promises. :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

I can see an April start and early October finish becoming the norm in the future with only 20 meetings each year.

After the shock and sadness of the injuries at the weekend, it's easy to forget that the play-off hopes were all but over last Thursday night, thanks to a home defeat, in front of a what looked an ordinary league attendance.

......I am sure you are wrong with that assertion it regular says on here that play offs are in front of bumper crowds so therefore you must be in incorrect Lovey.

Was he chasing the dirt? Very rare to see him do that to overtake anyone. Did he actually overtake anyone?

No...........but I did think he was putting it in.

No...........but I did think he was putting it in.

Aljack used to say something like that!

• Like 2