British Speedway Forum

Just have a £1 programme like Scunny. No-one ever complains about that, because it's value for money.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Just have a £1 programme like Scunny. No-one ever complains about that, because it's value for money.

All the best

Rob

Is Scunthorpe their own track or do they have to pay rent etc to a landlord?

Marmande for the Long track GP....was expecting ten euros or something silly, when we got there there were boxes piled up, help yourself to a programme and a pen to fill the thing in. Ok it was full of adverts but it had a race card, points chart, competitors photos, up to date standings and list of officials all for nought. What more do you need, so the French resisted cashing in, perhaps its a culture thing i don't know but it winds me up to have to pay two quid for the rubbish Rye House programme every week and the tenna for the Cardiff prog is robbery. An official score card would probably cost five pence and would do a job

If the advertising space is sold efficiently, there should be no need to charge anything for a program.

How many pages in a programme? What % are adverts? You're basically paying to be advertised to. Bus as I've said before (and Parsloes won't accept it) but I can remember the result of 15 heats for a few hours, it's not hard. You know which riders are in each heat anyway so you just remember the order. Well you know the riders in a heat if you know the race format anyway.

All this, "the promoters need your money". Boo Hoo! Provide a decent, VFM produce and I'm willing to pay good money for anything - Im not one of these, "cheapest is best" people but speedway programmes are a rip off generally.

How many pages in a programme? What % are adverts? You're basically paying to be advertised to. Bus as I've said before (and Parsloes won't accept it) but I can remember the result of 15 heats for a few hours, it's not hard. You know which riders are in each heat anyway so you just remember the order. Well you know the riders in a heat if you know the race format anyway.

All this, "the promoters need your money". Boo Hoo! Provide a decent, VFM produce and I'm willing to pay good money for anything - Im not one of these, "cheapest is best" people but speedway programmes are a rip off generally.

Generally all programmes are a rip off.

I went recently to the Cricket match between England and Essex. It was £3.00 for a programme and £1.50 for an up to date score card.. This was for a match that was not even classified as a 1st class one. How much are FA Cup Final programmes .This years was £10.00.

Is Scunthorpe their own track or do they have to pay rent etc to a landlord?

Rob Godfrey pays a peppercorn rent to the local council.

All the best

Rob

Rob Godfrey pays a peppercorn rent to the local council.

All the best

Rob

So can probably afford cheaper programmes unlike those clubs that have to pay a commercial rent and whose only source of income is through the turnstiles, programmes, advertising and any sponsorship!

• Like 1

Ipswich have recently been selling the old programme which was rained off when the team returns but provide a up to date insert and reduce the cost of the programme to £2.

This seems a fair compromise as the promotion reduces their losses and the fans save a bit without feeling ripped off. You are also informed before you buy that it's a old prog with a insert so at least you can decide.

I think this should happen at all tracks

Berwick programme looks ok in 2013

All the best

Rob

The Sheffield programme is exactly the same size as Scunny (Both need an A3 sheet of paper to produce each copy) but is free. Incredibly people still moan about it on here.

Hoddesdon Town FC, the nearest senior football club to Rye House produced a 116 page programme last year for £1.50. £1 for 8 pages is hardly VFM in comparison, or 16 for £2 a la Uncle Len whose club is on the doorstep.

As we seem to be doing self praise here, I'm drop dead gorgeous you know.

Marmande for the Long track GP....was expecting ten euros or something silly, when we got there there were boxes piled up, help yourself to a programme and a pen to fill the thing in. Ok it was full of adverts but it had a race card, points chart, competitors photos, up to date standings and list of officials all for nought. What more do you need, so the French resisted cashing in, perhaps its a culture thing i don't know but it winds me up to have to pay two quid for the rubbish Rye House programme every week and the tenna for the Cardiff prog is robbery. An official score card would probably cost five pence and would do a job

Marmande own their own track, the pens are sponsored, only put on one international meeting a year, revieve a large subsidy from the FFM (French ACU) and entry is €25. I've been many times, once when there was 22,000 spectators so money isn't really a problem there !

This is part of what i've said before, rip off the last few supporters. Rather than try to bring in new support by providing a great product, promotions in general provide a poorer product year on year and just charge the the dwindling fan base more and more to cover their costs. It'll get to when the last two fans left on the terraces get charged something like £5,000 to get in!

Imagine if Tesco's customer base was dropping like a stone and instead of trying to get more shoppers through the door they just put a loaf of bread up to £10 to make up for selling less than they used to! :blink:

• Like 1

I just find it difficult to take from Peterborough, especially when it's a local derby knowing full well more away fans will purchase a programme.

Programmes are always in the season budget. If the fixture isn't a rearranged one like Friday (Peterborough v King's Lynn) Promoters should issue the relevant programme, not a postponed Belle Vue one.

Marmande own their own track, the pens are sponsored, only put on one international meeting a year, revieve a large subsidy from the FFM (French ACU) and entry is €25. I've been many times, once when there was 22,000 spectators so money isn't really a problem there !

But why do they have crowds of 22,000? Probably because they dont try and take £2 of fans for a programme and ekk another few ££ for the car park when no alternative is available and generally try and squeeze every last penny out of the fans/customers. It's all the little things that add up to having a good experience and British Speedway seems intent on relying on the "oh, but they need our money so don't complain or there will be no speedway" approach. No other business works like this - well, no successful business!

This is part of what i've said before, rip off the last few supporters. Rather than try to bring in new support by providing a great product, promotions in general provide a poorer product year on year and just charge the the dwindling fan base more and more to cover their costs. It'll get to when the last two fans left on the terraces get charged something like £5,000 to get in!

Imagine if Tesco's customer base was dropping like a stone and instead of trying to get more shoppers through the door they just put a loaf of bread up to £10 to make up for selling less than they used to! :blink:

i or my nearest friends have never been to a meeting with r.r riders as we feel your getting ripped of. you pay top dllar you want a fullteam of riders