British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

World Cup Race Off - 18th July 2013

Team GB will be leaving the world cup after tomorrow night.

Darcy Ward is just too good, Middlo knows it and unless Middlo locks Ward up in his bedroom, I can see a comfortable Aussie win by 10 points.

If Team GB beat Australia tomorrow, I won't post on the forum until August and that's how confident I am of Mark Lemon's troops.

Was pretty ambivalent about the World Cup, but I'll be rooting for Team GB now!

• Like 1

If Team GB beat Australia tomorrow, I won't post on the forum until August and that's how confident I am of Mark Lemon's troops.

I would eat my hat.......if I had one :)

And PC to! both great racers gating is it a natural thing i believe so.

Ivan manger reckons not, says noone practiced gating as much as himself and olsen. Reckons pc who had more natural talent didn't work as hard.

Obviously some riders will be naturally better gaters than others but imho gating is more something that can be improved with practice than racing from the back

• Like 1

Team GB will be leaving the world cup after tomorrow night.

Darcy Ward is just too good, Middlo knows it and unless Middlo locks Ward up in his bedroom, I can see a comfortable Aussie win by 10 points.

you have single handed just converted 99 % of this forum into GB fans.
  • Like 3

Yeah i like Rory too - maybe I was a bit harsh BUT he certainly hasnt been the heatleader we were hoping he'd be most of the time - he apparently had problems at Pboro though so maybe he'll make up for it next meeting :unsure:

As yu say tho i wouldnt be surprised if it was 1-3-0-2-0 on his scorechart ......

Well we've hit a new low now!

Advertise job vacancies, don't bother letting us know any team line ups.

When will they learn!

Ivan manger reckons not, says noone practiced gating as much as himself and olsen. Reckons pc who had more natural talent didn't work as hard.

Obviously some riders will be naturally better gaters than others but imho gating is more something that can be improved with practice than racing from the back

Agree racing from the back you either have it or you don't Davis comes to mind a quick starter not a racer.Ok not a world beater but quick in front always had great aquipment see him win the Manpower once.And another gater i think was Kai Niemi again at his best quick. Edited by sidney

I think it will be close between GB and Australia as both have a good top 2 and the other 2 in each side are fairly evenly matched too so it could get very tight with hopefully Team GB coming out on top.

USA will be fourth in the race off as only Greg Hancock will be really scoring and he wont be able to save them single handed in this one.

At the same time, Tai can't fight a battle on his own and Bomber, Barker and Bridger need to get at least 21 between them and hope Tai gets well into double figures again.

Australia 43 England 37 Latvia 28 USA 16

Does anybody know the Australia team?

Yes.

Very Well.

They are all lovely boys.

All manly and heterosexual.

They thank you for your interest but would love it if you supported someone else.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 6

Does anybody know the Australia team?

Yes. They are the team you think will beat Team GB or you wont post till August.

Yes. They are the team you think will beat Team GB or you wont post till August.

Good point!

Although just to clear anything up, A rider withdrawing through injury makes the bet invalid as with no reserve riders, That's not really fair and it's a unforeseen circumstance.

Good point!

Although just to clear anything up, A rider withdrawing through injury makes the bet invalid as with no reserve riders, That's not really fair and it's a unforeseen circumstance.

Excuses, Excuses. :)

There really isn't that much between the Aussies & TeamGB. Yes Hancock will score a few points & the Latvians will pinch a few points here & there. But I think it will all come down to Batchelor. If he rides like he can & people have seen the Aussies will win.

Although once heat 20 has finished I really, really, really hope to see TeamGB on that rostrum & we hear God Save The Queen & take a creditable 3rd in the final. :)

CMON TEAMGB!!!!!

Edited by Triple B's

Tonight we have the chance to win a place in the World Team Cup Final. Although the opposition is relatively weak it's going to be a big struggle. Only Darcy and Herbie have the speed to trouble Tai and Bomber. although Batch can be a spoiler, but the ace in our pack, HAS to be Middlo. If he can get his tactical decisions right and implement them for the biggest advantage we have a wonderful chance. I shall be glues to the box with plenty of refreshments........... Wish em the best of luck...

Good point!

peep peep peep peep attention this vehicle is reversing.