British Speedway Forum
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Newcastle Diamonds Pl 19 July 2013

Interesting new concept in track maintainance last night . Track foaming , water truck goes round and covers the track in bubbles . Didn't help the champions elect gate any better though .

Adding washing up liquid to the water breaks surface tension of the shale, allowing the water to penetrate quicker. I think it's a trick used Downunder. :t::drink:

• Like 1

Interesting new concept in track maintainance last night . Track foaming , water truck goes round and covers the track in bubbles . Didn't help the champions elect gate any better though .

Also used weekly at Ashfield. Just one of the tricks of the trade,ask Danny.

Putting my Blue & Gold allegiances aside for a moment (unlike some i can :lol: ) this was an awful meeting,devoid of overtaking & entertainment sadly :neutral: I kept on waiting for a rider in blue & gold to come out the second bend in front and i waited..and waited.I've heard rumours about some bother in the Monarchs track prep staff in the past few weeks and i can only hope this is sorted as defeat is one thing (it happens) but lack of entertainment and a gate & go festival is another.Our club appears to have turned the corner in many ways this year,but this is worrying tbh.. Anyhoo.. congrats to the fast gating Newcastle Diamonds on their well deserved win,and if this doesnt give the Monarchs boys a boot up their khybers nothing will.Diamonds looked more at ease at the Dale than the home boys and thats not a thing we're used to watching..a strange night all round really.I must say that R/R signing for the Diamonds looks a sh!t hot prospect by the way!! ;) i do have confidence that the Monarchs will bounce back from this setback as we have done countless times this season.The PL seems to have gone a bit crazy this year with virtually no ones home track being a fortress (Glasgow Tiggers being an exception as this hasnt been the case for a couple of seasons now :P ) That one was for our gloating West Coast cousins who've sprung out of the woodwork btw ;) Oh by the way Mr Paulco while i'm here.. we have already won a trophy despite our 'gating like that' y'know! :P Ah well onwards & upwards :cheers:

Edited by Young51

Putting my Blue & Gold allegiances aside for a moment (unlike some i can :lol: ) this was an awful meeting,devoid of overtaking & entertainment sadly :neutral: I kept on waiting for a rider in blue & gold to come out the second bend in front and i waited..and waited.I've heard rumours about trouble in the Monarchs travk prep staff in the past few weeks and can only hope this is sorted as defeat is one thing (it happens) but lack of entertainment is another.Our club appears to have turned the corner in many ways this year,but this is worrying tbh.. Anyhoo.. congrats to the fast gating Newcastle on their deserved win,and if this doesnt give the Monarchs boys a boot up their khybers nothing will.Diamonds looked more at ease at the Dale than the home boys and thats not a thing we're used to watching..a strange night all round really.I must say that R/R signing for the Diamonds looks a sh!t hot prospect by the way!! ;) i do have confidence that the Monarchs will bounce back from this setback as we have done countless times this season.The PL seems to have gone a bit crazy this season with virtually no ones home track being a fortress (Glasgow Tiggers being an exception as this hasnt been the case for a couple of seasons now :P ) That one was for our gloating West Coast cousins who've sprung out of the woodwork btw ;) Oh by the way Mr Paulco while i'm here.. we have already won a trophy despite our 'gating like that' y'know! :P Ah well onwards & upwards :cheers:

Yes indeed you have , an invitational four team tournament . Actually there was some overtaking last night , well a few close races to the line . Though when an actual overtake did occur , Vissing put the bike down after minimal ( if any ) contact and the overtaker got excluded .

Yes indeed you have , an invitational four team tournament . Actually there was some overtaking last night , well a few close races to the line . Though when an actual overtake did occur , Vissing put the bike down after minimal ( if any ) contact and the overtaker got excluded .

Aww a wee touch of the soor plooms there because you didnt get an 'invite' to the party bigman! ;):P Apart from Redcar perhaps all the top teams in the Premier league were there so we were well worthy PL fours champs.For the record i think it should go back to the qualifiers for the 4TT as they were fun,but the fans wishes don't seem to count sometimes..

Aww a wee touch of the soor plooms there because you didnt get an 'invite' to the party bigman! ;):P Apart from Redcar perhaps all the top teams in the Premier league were there so we were well worthy PL fours champs.For the record i think it should go back to the qualifiers for the 4TT as they were fun,but the fans wishes don't seem to count sometimes..

Only sometimes????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

• Like 1

Only sometimes????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well..maybe that was a wee understatement.. they did get rid of that awful green helmet colour! :P

Edited by Young51

Well..maybe that was a wee understatement.. they did get rid of that awful green helmet colour! :P

Yes - and left the Yellow one that looks WHITE under lights. Two white helmets - difficult for an old git like me to distinguish. I've got a GREAT idea - why not try a Yellow/Black helmet cover - that might just help me. :t::approve: :approve:

Yes - and left the Yellow one that looks WHITE under lights. Two white helmets - difficult for an old git like me to distinguish. I've got a GREAT idea - why not try a Yellow/Black helmet cover - that might just help me. :t::approve: :approve:

Which looks like black & white under some lights

Which looks like black & white under some lights

Fair comment Abbot - but - one White Helmet and one Black/White helmet would still make identification easier than it is at present.

Fair comment Abbot - but - one White Helmet and one Black/White helmet would still make identification easier than it is at present.

Yes, but if Black and White replaced white, you'd have Yellow/Black and Black/White (which, as I say look similar under certain lights) in the same race.

Yes, but if Black and White replaced white, you'd have Yellow/Black and Black/White (which, as I say look similar under certain lights) in the same race.

I mean't keep the White Helmet and make the Yellow Helmet Yellow/Black. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Perhaps they could use a Green Helmet for the b****y Tactical Ride - I don't care - there should be no such thing anyway - and wouldn't be in any half way sensible Sport.

• Like 1

I mean't keep the White Helmet and make the Yellow Helmet Yellow/Black. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Perhaps they could use a Green Helmet for the b****y Tactical Ride - I don't care - there should be no such thing anyway - and wouldn't be in any half way sensible Sport.

You were perfectly clear. If they kept the white helmet and replaced the Yellow with Y/B and the Tac ride replaced the white helmet, you'd have B/W and Y/B in the same race (the point I was trying to make). Meanwhile, the b****y Tac ride is IN, so I'm afraid you've got to live with it. Green might be the answer.

• Like 1

You were perfectly clear. If they kept the white helmet and replaced the Yellow with Y/B and the Tac ride replaced the white helmet, you'd have B/W and Y/B in the same race (the point I was trying to make). Meanwhile, the b****y Tac ride is IN, so I'm afraid you've got to live with it. Green might be the answer.

How right you are The Abbott, however that doesn't mean to say everybody has to like it or agree with it.
  • Like 1

Well well well. Best news I heard all holiday, but I wasn't there. Damn. :D

Really trying not to be smug, just proud.