British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

Must be one of the things on the local police's "to do" list. Every so often raid and search Mike Lee's house and get an easy bust.

Pointless.

If what you say is true,then the very fact that this has lead to not only a court case but a conviction means it is anything other than pointless.

If what you say is true,then the very fact that this has lead to not only a court case but a conviction means it is anything other than pointless.

Dont worry about the pensioner being mugged or other violent crime just worry about something as minor as this.

Im sure many of us have had relationship break ups,and other issues in our private lives,yet we know its wrong to turn to drugs to find some kind of solice.Giving his history,it appears Mr Lee doesnt learn from his past.

.............we turn up and watch speedway ...........which is worse?

I don't recall the same level of outrage when your mate BFD was banged up for drug dealing? :blink:

I don't recall too many people defending HIM either. Or is it one Law for a Supporter and one Law for a Rider. I did NOT support BFD - personally I think he was bloody stupid - I have NOT condemned Michael Lee either if you bother to read the whole Thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See Post No. 12 on the first Page of this Thread.

The Post you Quoted was answering someone else's point.

• Like 1

Go on.... explain that one to me again.

It's pretty simple. A guy is at home on a Friday evening after a hard week at work, he smokes some weed. How is that wrong? And "Because it's the law" is not a valid answer as the discussion now is, "is the law wrong". If they bring in a law that says, "TheReturn has to give everything he owns to SCB" is it right? While the law is in the majority of cases a very good guide, it's not perfect.

What about the 15 years and 364 day old girl having sex with the 16 year and 1 day old boy? They've just broken the law, is it wrong?

What about the laws that were broken in the past but the law has subsequently been changed/removed and that person is subsequnetly given a pardon? Was it right then? Or wrong now? Or did it change from being right to wrong just because some arbiatary people changed the law?

Edited by SCB

Is the poster's name supposed to be Heathen1, or, Heath Hen1? This is surely the most important question here.

Edited by BritPete

It's pretty simple. A guy is at home on a Friday evening after a hard week at work, he smokes some weed. How is that wrong? And "Because it's the law" is not a valid answer as the discussion now is, "is the law wrong". If they bring in a law that says, "TheReturn has to give everything he owns to SCB" is it right? While the law is in the majority of cases a very good guide, it's not perfect.

What about the 15 years and 364 day old girl having sex with the 16 year and 1 day old boy? They've just broken the law, is it wrong?

What about the laws that were broken in the past but the law has subsequently been changed/removed and that person is subsequnetly given a pardon? Was it right then? Or wrong now? Or did it change from being right to wrong just because some arbiatary people changed the law?

It's ever so simple really in BOTH Scenarios.

They are BOTH currently AGAINST THE LAW and yes - they are WRONG. Until the Law is changed it will stay that way. Personally I hope they never change the Law regarding both.

I know you will probably say that I am an old fuddy duddy - but - it is my belief that the Law is right most of the time and that it is definitely right in these instances.

This is only MY opinion - others may differ.

• Like 2

Headline news: Worldwide Full Stop Shortage Hits Speedway Forum.

• Like 5

At Mildenhall (and probably elsewhere) he was looked upon as someone who didn't hide from his past, and who turned his life around. No matter what anyone thinks to the seriousness of his crime, he can never be looked on in the same way again.

• Like 1

So does that make it ok for a rider to have his recreational got home after the match joint, followed by an amphetamine or two to keep him going so as he can see to his bike in readiness for the next evening's match?

So does that make it ok for a rider to have his recreational got home after the match joint, followed by an amphetamine or two to keep him going so as he can see to his bike in readiness for the next evening's match?

Grey area. Probably not as it could potentially lead to the bike being unsafe I guess. But then how is it any different to some amateur having a go? Or someone playing about with something they're not comfortable with? Or a rider being rushed in the pits by the 2 minutes to get his bike back together and forgetting to do something important (tighten some but/bolt to stop something falling apart)

Drinking is legal and it would be wrong for a rider to have a few pints and do the same.

I just don't see how a bag of weed = someones life falling apart.

Grey area. Probably not as it could potentially lead to the bike being unsafe I guess. But then how is it any different to some amateur having a go? Or someone playing about with something they're not comfortable with? Or a rider being rushed in the pits by the 2 minutes to get his bike back together and forgetting to do something important (tighten some but/bolt to stop something falling apart)

Drinking is legal and it would be wrong for a rider to have a few pints and do the same.

I just don't see how a bag of weed = someones life falling apart.

Pleased to see you included the few pints there. We all know that the effects of the beer will wear off quite shortly and, by the next evening the rider should be ok riding. Not so the weed, that stays in the system a considerable while longer - up to seven days, if I remember what a fellow forumite (working in the offender system on the drug side of things) told me. Maybe that's why the law is as it is, because of the length of time the stuff stays in your system and impairs reactions.

Is the poster's name supposed to be Heathen1, or, Heath Hen1? This is surely the most important question here.

Good point...or is Heat Hen1?

Dont worry about the pensioner being mugged or other violent crime just worry about something as minor as this.

Muggers,people involved in drugs are both of the criminal fraternity.