British Speedway Forum

The Play Off's are here to stay whether you like them or not, and I have to say that I am a fan of them.

The easiest solution to the Redcar/ Leicester problem this season would be to work out what the average deficit of Redcar's results, and if that is found to be more than 22 then Leicester go through and if it is less then Redcar go through.

For the future I think that Promoters and the BSPA should make the league programme the main priority, if they run the league programme first chances are that the Play Off's could probably be up and running at the latest early September, run the KOC and the Premier Trophy meetings after or where there is no possible League meeting available..

Absolutely , let the league start at the beginning of April and have the cut off date at the end of August . Let the league cup be run as an end of season tournament . It's crazy the play-offs are run in October when the weather is at it's wettest .

• Like 1

the play offs are good for keeping it going to the end but unfair for teams who perform all season and then have problems once they get to the play offs like newcastle last year

league champions should be the ones who are best over the full season

not 3 home and away matches at the end

• Like 3

Scunny last year were able to win because they were rubbish early season,able to replace a, lets face it average rider with one of the best youngsters the PL has seen in the last decade... All of a sudden those that were not scoring suddenly start piling the points up in some sort of strange coincidence...

... and to top it all, they didn't even have to outright win their playoff group, thanks to the Edinburgh v Worky rain off. "League" champions - yeah right!

• Like 2

Absolutely , let the league start at the beginning of April and have the cut off date at the end of August . Let the league cup be run as an end of season tournament . It's crazy the play-offs are run in October when the weather is at it's wettest .

and that way it gives teams like your own ( this season) a bit interest at the end and stops teams using the premier cup as a ave reducing tool Edited by Arson fire

The Play Off's are here to stay whether you like them or not, and I have to say that I am a fan of them.

The easiest solution to the Redcar/ Leicester problem this season would be to work out what the average deficit of Redcar's results, and if that is found to be more than 22 then Leicester go through and if it is less then Redcar go through.

For the future I think that Promoters and the BSPA should make the league programme the main priority, if they run the league programme first chances are that the Play Off's could probably be up and running at the latest early September, run the KOC and the Premier Trophy meetings after or where there is no possible League meeting available..

why bother with that ? ,,, the easiest solution to this problem is,,, to accept it !,,, the rules are the rules and the cut off date is the cut off date, your position in the league at the time, is your position at said time,,, crap system, but it's what we got, spilt milk,,,
  • Like 1

and that way it gives teams like your own ( this season) a bit interest at the end and stops teams using the premier cup as a ave reducing tool

well league cup matches no longer count for averages , so there's no reason why it cant be an end of season tournament

why bother with that ? ,,, the easiest solution to this problem is,,, to accept it !,,, the rules are the rules and the cut off date is the cut off date, your position in the league at the time, is your position at said time,,, crap system, but it's what we got, spilt milk,,,

The league should be whoever finishes top wins the league. This then gives a true champion. The top 6 go into a play off for, same format for a separate trophy. It make a farce of the league system. don't see how a team finishing in 6th place can be called champions. Its the same in Rugby. Very rarely have the team that have finished top of the league have won the title. Crap.

• Like 1

The league should be whoever finishes top wins the league. This then gives a true champion. The top 6 go into a play off for, same format for a separate trophy. It make a farce of the league system. don't see how a team finishing in 6th place can be called champions. Its the same in Rugby. Very rarely have the team that have finished top of the league have won the title. Crap.

in this case, it could be Redcar, and they might even finish in 7th,,, makes perfect sense, does'nt it ?

Exactly like the whole bl**dy System.

in this case, it could be Redcar, and they might even finish in 7th,,, makes perfect sense, does'nt it ?

SPOT ON!!!!!

well league cup matches no longer count for averages , so there's no reason why it cant be an end of season tournament

you sure?? They used to, thought it was just ko cup matches that never??

If it rains until November will that mean Scunthorpe are champions

Can't see why not,,, just abandon this season and just start from scratch next season, (if its stopped raining by then like)

what if it does'nt stop raining ever tho ?

you sure?? They used to, thought it was just ko cup matches that never??

Paulco is correct, it was changed this year, hence why newcomers remained on assessed averages until they had completed 4 home + 4 away matches at league level.

Edited by cyclone

Paulco is correct, it was changed this year, hence why newcomers remained on assessed averages until they had completed 4 home + 4 away matches at league level.

cheers didn't know it had changed re the prem trophy

ok, i will not bother to post any more on this topic as clearly people just want to have a go saying that i am a bleating lions fan. Its a sad day, I only started following speedway again when the lions came back, never went to blackbird road, so not one of the old guard so to speak, in fact i used to watch cov many years ago. There are so many things in speedway that i just do not understand any more, the rules have more grey areas than a wet weekend in wales, as they say. May be its time I started to find an alternative to a sat/sun watching a sport i just do not understand any more?