British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Sgp/bsi And Sec/one Sport It Is War Now

Poole have what -executive boxes ? no just the restaurant with all the other punters

Execuitve boxes lol. It's one room. Pboro have one stand and the rest is all standing on grass ! At Poole the whole top floor is sectioned off for big meets. Anyway don't know why I am talking about pboro as it won't go there in a million years ,unless frost wants to bank roll it like he does the panthers year on year.

Pooles track for the speedway world a few years back produced great racing and we nearly won :-)

you've hit the nail on the head a few years back :wink: , probably if you start sponsoring poole again you can stipulate if can go towards track-work because by god it needs it , or you could suggest they have mx championships there, theres enough humps and bumps for it

Execuitve boxes lol. It's one room. Pboro have one stand and the rest is all standing on grass ! At Poole the whole top floor is sectioned off for big meets. Anyway don't know why I am talking about pboro as it won't go there in a million years ,unless frost wants to bank roll it like he does the panthers year on year.

Same at every track in the country i would think.Sure Ford said he lost 1,000s every time he opened the gates.If not him then most other promoters have said something similar

Isabelle Larivière was asked by speedwaynyheter.se about whether a rider should be allowed to ride in both SEC and SGP.

Her personal opinion is that a rider should be allowed to do both. A formal decision will be taken in a few weeks time.

http://www.speedwayn...aval-vm-som-em/

Edited by Ghostwalker

In terms of racing quality, Peterborough over Poole every time.
  • Like 2

Whats wrong with grass ?

BACK ON TOPIC (a serious one):

A rare-ish winter foray back to the forum for me and with despair! lol. Looks like it's gone all nuclear now very sad. I certainly won't be voting in the FIM rider of the year contest, nasty stuff going on right now to the detriment of the sport.

SEC: Starts riders from GP blocked!

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/395289/sec-starty-zawodnikow-z-gp-zablokowane-co-dalej-z-cyklem

A partial sample of the Google Translate version, make of it what you will, what you can, but the gist is there and hopefully Speedway Star will confirm/enlighten us this Thursday

"International Motorcycling Federation decided to block the possibility of the players starts with Grand Prix with the SEC.

About the war on BSI line (organizer GP) - One Sport (organizer SEC) we have already written . International Motorcycling Federation (FIM) said that it could be blocked launches riders from GP series in the SEC. One of the representatives of the FIM announced the decision the players already at the Grand Prix in Torun. Now officially entered into force. - Sorry proved to us the most pessimistic scenario. Starts riders from the Grand Prix are being blocked. At this time, all contracts are in the hands of lawyers. They will determine what steps will be taken in the near future. This applies to sponsorship agreements, as well as television - told SportoweFakty.pl Adam Krużyński , a representative of the main sponsor of the SEC 's nice.

Appalled by the decision of the FIM, is one of the representatives of the organizer of the SEC. - At the moment, we do not want to comment more broadly, our position on this situation, consult with lawyers. We have a valid contract with the FIM-Europe, based on which we have made ​​a number of other commitments. This is not a joke, it is not fun - the impression that not everyone understands. There's been a big mistake. Information on these ideas, thoughts; plans BSI and FIM, of course, came to us for a long time, but no official message is not received. The decision came by mail a few days ago - it looks exactly that in the rules of the FIM-Europe will record that in the competition rank Championships competitors can not compete Grand Prix. Interestingly, the players receiving a wild card into the cycle SGP (Gollob and Jonsson) have not received the information that the choice of the SGP automatically eliminates them from competing in the SEC. Generously allowed us, however, that one player GP cycle could start in the SEC with a wild card in the individual tournament. Interestingly, it was also (authoritarian, without consultation) the decision that the leading three riders SEC obtains final promotion to ... Grand Prix Challenge. Aside from the substantive value of this brilliant idea, there is a problem - the SEC would have to decide by the end of August, which is basically impossible without causing conflicts with other terms. They lose the fans, the players lose, you lose the discipline - said the representative of One Sport Jan Konikiewicz .

SEC organizers were left alone on the battlefield. They expect, however, that the authorities of the Polish Association of Motor explicitly denounced in this case. - Contrary to the ASN in this matter, we hope that it will be a clear and direct manner expressed - in one way or the other."

Edited by manchesterpaul

BACK ON TOPIC (a serious one):

A rare-ish winter foray back to the forum for me and with despair! lol. Looks like it's gone all nuclear now very sad. I certainly won't be voting in the FIM rider of the year contest, nasty stuff going on right now to the detriment of the sport.

SEC: Starts riders from GP blocked!

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/395289/sec-starty-zawodnikow-z-gp-zablokowane-co-dalej-z-cyklem

A partial sample of the Google Translate version, make of it what you will, what you can, but the gist is there and hopefully Speedway Star will confirm/enlighten us this Thursday

"International Motorcycling Federation decided to block the possibility of the players starts with Grand Prix with the SEC.

About the war on BSI line (organizer GP) - One Sport (organizer SEC) we have already written . International Motorcycling Federation (FIM) said that it could be blocked launches riders from GP series in the SEC. One of the representatives of the FIM announced the decision the players already at the Grand Prix in Torun. Now officially entered into force. - Sorry proved to us the most pessimistic scenario. Starts riders from the Grand Prix are being blocked. At this time, all contracts are in the hands of lawyers. They will determine what steps will be taken in the near future. This applies to sponsorship agreements, as well as television - told SportoweFakty.pl Adam Krużyński , a representative of the main sponsor of the SEC 's nice.

Appalled by the decision of the FIM, is one of the representatives of the organizer of the SEC. - At the moment, we do not want to comment more broadly, our position on this situation, consult with lawyers. We have a valid contract with the FIM-Europe, based on which we have made ​​a number of other commitments. This is not a joke, it is not fun - the impression that not everyone understands. There's been a big mistake. Information on these ideas, thoughts; plans BSI and FIM, of course, came to us for a long time, but no official message is not received. The decision came by mail a few days ago - it looks exactly that in the rules of the FIM-Europe will record that in the competition rank Championships competitors can not compete Grand Prix. Interestingly, the players receiving a wild card into the cycle SGP (Gollob and Jonsson) have not received the information that the choice of the SGP automatically eliminates them from competing in the SEC. Generously allowed us, however, that one player GP cycle could start in the SEC with a wild card in the individual tournament. Interestingly, it was also (authoritarian, without consultation) the decision that the leading three riders SEC obtains final promotion to ... Grand Prix Challenge. Aside from the substantive value of this brilliant idea, there is a problem - the SEC would have to decide by the end of August, which is basically impossible without causing conflicts with other terms. They lose the fans, the players lose, you lose the discipline - said the representative of One Sport Jan Konikiewicz .

SEC organizers were left alone on the battlefield. They expect, however, that the authorities of the Polish Association of Motor explicitly denounced in this case. - Contrary to the ASN in this matter, we hope that it will be a clear and direct manner expressed - in one way or the other."

That's the problem when there are two threads-already talked about on "2014 European championships" thread

That's the problem when there are two threads-already talked about on "2014 European championships" thread

Edited by The Know

Yep i am back. Not been able to post for a bit, must of been the backlash of Poole winning, lol. Seems like a lot of sour grapes to me and bsi seeing the sec is becoming popular maybe ?

I was unaware that even one let alone two new threads had been started up on this topic. Then again i'm only occasionally having a glance at the forums.

ANDY ... read the posts in the International Section

Lol gee how many posts in how many sections are there now? I must check out the National League section to see if one has been started there too hee hee.

I created the new topic because it will also be used for the other European championships in 2014, plus it has already some info in it which has nothing to do with this so called 'war' between the various speedway parties ..

I created the new topic because it will also be used for the other European championships in 2014, plus it has already some info in it which has nothing to do with this so called 'war' between the various speedway parties ..

All cool and a needed specific thread for 2014. As for others, if they have, posting about the SGP/BSI/SEC/One Sport conflict in that well it's often hard to decide where to place a thread or comments on a subject. Personally i would have preferred the SEC to be added to the SGP/SWC section but not particularly fussed.