British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

post 1257 is the reason to mats form last year. i

Berwick have a very strong 1/5 and if liam has a reasonable season. Berwick look great..

my opinion for what its worth

1.kevin doolan . will get solid 7-8 points anywhere with the odd double figure score

2. matty weathers. similar to kevin

3. matej kus. with the return of his confidence could up average by 1 -1.5 points

4. claus vissing . should like sheilfield and hope ups average by 0.5 at least.

5 . david bellego. will hpld sversge and sgain possibly 0.5 - 1 increase

6 steen jensen. dont know much about him but if can hold average good if can increase even better

7. liam carr. i am happy he gets a chance and hope he can up his sverage but initially might struggle till gets used to riding at this level every week.

I think your riding order could be crucial.

Doolan at 5 with the reserves for me; Bellego and Stormy at 1/2 for you guys with claus and Kus at 3/4.

Potential all over, will pack the minor placings and will take some shifting at home I think.

After last seasons failing the Berwick promotion had to make sweeping changes,which they have done,and IMO they have come up with a decent team.

Doolan and Wethers will be the dependable duo,averages wont increase by much but then again wont drop by to much either.

Hopefully Bellego will continue to improve,particularly on away tracks,where his scoring consistency needs to improve.

Vissing and Kus have shown they are better than their averages suggest to IMO they hold the key to Berwick fortunes.

Steen Jensen has scored well last season in the Danish,starting at reserve should help him to score good points which he will need to do.

Carr will do ok at home,his target should be to ride to his average over the season,if he ends the season with a 3+ average then he`ll have done his job.

my opinion for what its worth

1.kevin doolan . will get solid 7-8 points anywhere with the odd double figure score

2. matty weathers. similar to kevin

3. matej kus. with the return of his confidence could up average by 1 -1.5 points

4. claus vissing . should like sheilfield and hope ups average by 0.5 at least.

5 . david bellego. will hpld sversge and sgain possibly 0.5 - 1 increase

6 steen jensen. dont know much about him but if can hold average good if can increase even better

7. liam carr. i am happy he gets a chance and hope he can up his sverage but initially might struggle till gets used to riding at this level every week.

First impressions suggest reasonably solid team without top end strength unless someone pops out the pack to fill the heat leader positions consistently.

Closer examination of the team would potentially suggest home domination is what they were after with a decent chance of keeping it tight away from home.

If Steen Jensen is the same bloke that rides for Esbjerg (29 year old) he looks to have had a great season last year. What average is he coming in on .. 5? I don't understand the assessed averages rules anymore but I am aware that Brady Kurtz could potentially be saddled with a 7 point average, so why not Jensen?

Really pleased to see young Carr get a reserve berth. I hope he gets a full season under his belt (all other things being equal).

Solid side that could be in with a top 6 chance should one or two come out the pack and improve.

First impressions suggest reasonably solid team without top end strength unless someone pops out the pack to fill the heat leader positions consistently.

Closer examination of the team would potentially suggest home domination is what they were after with a decent chance of keeping it tight away from home.

If Steen Jensen is the same bloke that rides for Esbjerg (29 year old) he looks to have had a great season last year. What average is he coming in on .. 5? I don't understand the assessed averages rules anymore but I am aware that Brady Kurtz could potentially be saddled with a 7 point average, so why not Jensen?

Really pleased to see young Carr get a reserve berth. I hope he gets a full season under his belt (all other things being equal).

Solid side that could be in with a top 6 chance should one or two come out the pack and improve.

Because Jensen has rode in England before and has an average.

Because Jensen has rode in England before and has an average.

Cheers. What average did he finish on? When was this?

The only problem with teams being announced so early is there is nothing to do but wait now!

Need a fast forward button!

• Like 2

Doolan has to ride at #1 doesn't he?? Being top of the averages?

I have seen it mentioned that this may be one of the changes.

The top 3 in the averages have to be at 1 3 and 5 but at the teams discretion as to the positioning.

Havent seen anything official though.

The only problem with teams being announced so early is there is nothing to do but wait now!

Need a fast forward button!

Jeezo, moan about the lack of team news, then you get a team and your still no happy! No doubt the usual suspects will find something to criticise!

• Like 1

Jeezo, moan about the lack of team news, then you get a team and your still no happy! No doubt the usual suspects will find something to criticise!

I'm perfectly happy, as you know :)

• Like 1

Was sharing accomodation with the young Pole that was killed while riding in Argentina.

I got the impression last season Matej was not happy at all being at Redcar.

Thanks, didn't know that. Berwick look to have a good team. I think he'll do well there.

I'm perfectly happy, as you know :)

Haha, just messing with you bud! I think while there are question marks over two or three inclusions, it is safe to say that I am willing to give these guys a chance, roll on 2014

• Like 1