British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Workington Pl Sunday 25th August 2013

Last heat decider for a point and still come up with a 1-5 against, will we ever get on the right side of one just for a change? :oops:. Still think we will scrape through despite this result, 5/6th place, and where we go from there is anyone's guess, our away form against the top sides is moderate to poor and we need a serious, concerted effort now to realise a play off title? Some fair performances tonight by the looks of things just not enough back up points where we needed them, slightly better show than predicted but, pointless nonetheless, should have got something from this match against an injury hit team, but again our Achilles heel showed up, not ruthless enough when it matters!! :mad:. Still, never mind, we live to fight another day and long may that continue otherwise it's an even longer winter break!! :D

Last heat decider for a point and still come up with a 1-5 against, will we ever get on the right side of one just for a change? :oops:. Still think we will scrape through despite this result, 5/6th place, and where we go from there is anyone's guess, our away form against the top sides is moderate to poor and we need a serious, concerted effort now to realise a play off title? Some fair performances tonight by the looks of things just not enough back up points where we needed them, slightly better show than predicted but, pointless nonetheless, should have got something from this match against an injury hit team, but again our Achilles heel showed up, not ruthless enough when it matters!! :mad:. Still, never mind, we live to fight another day and long may that continue otherwise it's an even longer winter break!! :D

One look at the score chart shows where your problem is - your reserves can't cut it.

A bit of form from them and I'd say the Comets are as good as anyone, with Howarth again very impressive last night. There was the odd question about him getting heat 15 but I'd say he deserved it.

Always good to see (and have an argument with) White Knight :approve: .

• Like 1

Excellent result for the Diamonds. Would have been a wider margin had Rosen not been riding a coughing and spluttering moped in his first 3 rides.

Howarth has come on a lot and seems to have learned his way around Brough after a few dodgy meetings there.

Lawson is the ultimate gating tart

I also think Lindgren will be moved on.

If Richie has genuine ambition then he will be looking for a ride in Poland and will Robbo and Christian come back to racing?

Could be major changes for next season.

thought we might have blown it early on, but come up trumps :-),,, about Lindgren,,, obviously just another 'gating tart', (TBH, like most round Brough) and only second in our averages, (slowly increasing) seems to be in for a bit harsh treatment by some, IMO

Lindgren is more frustrating than anything, but seems to only ride one line for 4 laps, a bit like complin used too... And can get passed easily up the inside often....ESP bends 3&4.. He's pivotal to our side but you never know which one comes to the gate, he beats the best but also gets beat off the worst.

Sweaty palms time last night. After a decent start, i though we had crumbled with a poor 1-5 against Luddi and Andrew, and then a unexpected 2-4 with Anton in last place. We rallied, but and with 2 5-1's in the next three heats, we managed to restore the cushion which carried us through to victory, despite the two TR's. Absolutely blinding 5-1 in heat 15 with a great blocking and recovery from Andrew, who had done the same in heat 5 to keep Rene at bay. Good performances all round from the Diamonds, but just glad that Rusty was off and the reserves didn't match what our reserves got. 12+2 is a lot more reassuring than 4 points. George E wanted 4 points over the weekend but we still got 3 points so not lost ground really in the race to be high in the playoffs league. Won't be in the first two picking positions bu I don't think either Somerset or Edinburgh will be picking us first time round. Wonder who the Robbo replacement rider is. 'Speaking to his parent club' rules out a newby, so more likely to be a rider who is 'owned' over here, possibly now completed rides for them this year, or fancies another go in the UK for a couple of months. Any guesses ? We have to sign him before the 31st, so a decision and announcement could be expected very very soon.

Canny day outside. Just the sort of weather for going out and attending the Supporters Club Family Day out at the Blue Flames Sporting Club in Forest Hall, Newcastle.

Tickets can be bought on the door. Prices are £10 adult, £8 Supporters Club Adult, Under16 £5 and free admission for all junior members and anyone under 5 years old. A monster beef sandwich buffet, with chips, and all the trimmings, will be served about 8.30pm, followed by the Grand Draw after 9.00pm. Before that there is face painting, bouncy castle, games and fun for the kids from 5.00pm, with the evening starting at 7.00pm. All this of course is all in support of the Air Fence fund, which has just passed the halfway figure of £10k, so the Grand draw monies with be a great start for the second half.

Go on, treat your self to a night out tonight for a great cause.

Edited by Tsunami

Looking at the averages, can only really see thorsell who's riding here and not already doubling up etc etc.

Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything tonight dave :)

One look at the score chart shows where your problem is - your reserves can't cut it.

A bit of form from them and I'd say the Comets are as good as anyone, with Howarth again very impressive last night. There was the odd question about him getting heat 15 but I'd say he deserved it.

Can agree with you there HT, our reserves are much better at home than away and it has been a bit disappointing that their improvement has been as slow as it has? The problem though isn't all down to them, Rusty is too inconsistent at the moment so couple that with, as you say, under-performing reserves and we are effectively a four man team wherever we go!! You can get a good result with four men doing a good scoring job but if they drop points as well, well, look what you get? :blink:. We don't have consistent back up to the regular scorers and that will always make our lives difficult in the pressure situations, you have to get someone picking up more than their share when someone else doesn't get their's, that's where we struggle most on the road and we have to correct that to stand any chance of success? :neutral:

Looking at the averages, can only really see thorsell who's riding here and not already doubling up etc etc.

Mikkel Michelsen must be the best case scenario. Looks like his Polish team didn't make the play offs and Eastbourne are all but done. Have a word Bjarne :wink:
  • Like 1

Yes GREAT to see you too HT. :t: I know we don't agree about certain things - but - it is surely right that we can disagree with a bit of fun and Banter. I respect your views and the views of others on this Forum - but I don't necessarily agree with them. This is what our Forum SHOULD be about. :t:

HT - did Dave choke on his sandwich after I left you having expressed my views yesterday? :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

Mikkel Michelsen must be the best case scenario. Looks like his Polish team didn't make the play offs and Eastbourne are all but done. Have a word Bjarne :wink:

dont think he can until he gets an average, then again it has to be low enough

Thorsell. Broken arm tonight at Wolverhampton

ate that's that oot the window, speedy recovery jacob.

dont think he can until he gets an average, then again it has to be low enough

How about Kenni Larsson doubling down - would he fit?

How about Kenni Larsson doubling down - would he fit?

too high and he's crocked also, think we are looking at 4.43 EL average and under, who's not doubling up and isn't in a team that already has 3 double uppers.... Think that's how it works anyway?? Lol.

Another 7 point Scandinavian or claes??

Edited by Arson fire