British Speedway Forum

I would say Rob n Gail are sat peacefully sipping Mai Tai's on their beachouse verandah in Skeggy, pretty pleased that all ends are tied up !

I would say Rob n Gail are sat peacefully sipping Mai Tai's on their beachouse verandah in Skeggy, pretty pleased that all ends are tied up !

Poor Gail--got to feel for her sat with him :wink:

• Like 1

Said 10 days ago the announcement would be within the next week. Do they have a different calendar to the rest of us?

It is in our Telegraph that the main sponsors for 2014 will be Fluid Air Power Ltd who are local & have been advertising in the programme & on billboards for a number of years. They have, also, done rider sponsorship.

Why the hold up if Tommy Jorgensen and Ashley Birks are in the 1-7 ?, Josh was an early declaration, David followed eventually so why hold up on TJ and AB ?. Perhaps there is something in this; I heard we were adding a new asset to the 1-7.

I am starting to think that one or even both may be left out.

But another point; why is it everytime I want to post on here I am told this

You can make 3 more posts today. This restriction is in place until you have 3 more approved posts

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown. This restriction will be lifted when you have 3 more approved post

Sure I have posted 3 or more times and never anything needing this level of moderation ?

Why the hold up if Tommy Jorgensen and Ashley Birks are in the 1-7 ?, Josh was an early declaration, David followed eventually so why hold up on TJ and AB ?. Perhaps there is something in this; I heard we were adding a new asset to the 1-7.

I am starting to think that one or even both may be left out.

But another point; why is it everytime I want to post on here I am told this

You can make 3 more posts today. This restriction is in place until you have 3 more approved posts

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown. This restriction will be lifted when you have 3 more approved post

Sure I have posted 3 or more times and never anything needing this level of moderation ?

I think this has correctly been in force for sometime. I think it's to stop a 'pointed' first post from someone who may have a grudge and it needs vetting in case it is. There have been some interesting first posts from existing forum members using another name, so it is right that the moderation should cover that situation. Some naughty posters have had to be cleared post by post for being 'naughty'.

• Like 1

I think this has correctly been in force for sometime. I think it's to stop a 'pointed' first post from someone who may have a grudge and it needs vetting in case it is. There have been some interesting first posts from existing forum members using another name, so it is right that the moderation should cover that situation. Some naughty posters have had to be cleared post by post for being 'naughty'.

you talking from experience Dave??

you talking from experience Dave??

Yep.

• Like 1

Said 10 days ago the announcement would be within the next week. Do they have a different calendar to the rest of us?

It is in our Telegraph that the main sponsors for 2014 will be Fluid Air Power Ltd who are local & have been advertising in the programme & on billboards for a number of years. They have, also, done rider sponsorship.

so it has been announced in the telegraph and on here but there seems to be no mention of it on the scorpions main website, seems to me that this is going downhill. it said that a major announcement was to come soon with the correct amount of fanfare then just leeks out via the local rag.

I think the announcement will be that rob has bought Sheffield and is going to run them as a mdl team as a feeder club for the mighty scorpions seen as they have been in our shadows for the past few years

• Like 2

how many pl championships have the scorps won....... compared to sheffield..

sheffield have 2 according to their website (1999 & 2000) while scunthorpe have one it once (2012), how many seasons have sheffild competed in pl compared to scunthorpe and who has the better record since scunthorpe entered the pl. look at the success that scunthorpe have had since moving in at the ewr in cl/nl and pl tells you who the most succesful club are in recent times.

• Like 1

sheffield have 2 according to their website (1999 & 2000) while scunthorpe have one it once (2012), how many seasons have sheffild competed in pl compared to scunthorpe and who has the better record since scunthorpe entered the pl. look at the success that scunthorpe have had since moving in at the ewr in cl/nl and pl tells you who the most succesful club are in recent times.

Six seasons Scunthorpe have competed in the Premier League.

On four occasions Sheffield have finished above Scunthorpe..

The average position for both teams over the last six seasons is identical.

So by virtue of the fact the fact that you won one League title over a Play Off situation I would say honours even.

Edited by spin king

Six seasons Scunthorpe have competed in the Premier League.

On four occasions Sheffield have finished above Scunthorpe..

And hammered us most times home and away in the early years!!